daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Asian Skyscraper Forums > South East Asia > Singapore Skyscraper Forum > The Urban Fabric > Transport / Infrastructure

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 7th, 2015, 02:20 PM   #321
pioneerboy

Likes (Received): 9

I guess this was the original alignment of the Boon Lay MRT Extension:

Personally, I do not think there is a need for Cross Island Line to interchange at any of the Tuas West MRT Extension. We can always have a terminal station near the alignment of the Tuas West MRT extension, while the over-run track runs along the EWL track.
pioneerboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old June 7th, 2015, 04:48 PM   #322
CHT

Likes (Received): 45

When JLD is more developed, I reckon many commuters travelling to Singapore on Causeway Link buses might prefer to stop at Jurong East instead of Tuas. either for work or leisure
CHT está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2015, 03:39 AM   #323
ddes

Likes (Received): 390

I don't proclaim to know everything, but it appears that most commuters who take the Causeway Link buses to/from Jurong East and Boon Lay, are not the demographic who might work in Tuas by virtue of the communities that these routes serve, i.e. Bukit Indah and Gelang Patah. Many appear to be non-managerial white collars and F&B/retail staff. The Jurong East bound services, via the AYE, allows for significant time savings which I feel, might be lost than taking the MRT all the way to Tuas Link.

Hence, until I really see it, I don't think CW will reroute to the frontier, I still think they might add, but not reduce. If anything, it's against the agreed liberalization of cross-border services.
ddes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2015, 04:07 AM   #324
CHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddes View Post
I don't proclaim to know everything, but it appears that most commuters who take the Causeway Link buses to/from Jurong East and Boon Lay, are not the demographic who might work in Tuas by virtue of the communities that these routes serve, i.e. Bukit Indah and Gelang Patah. Many appear to be non-managerial white collars and F&B/retail staff. The Jurong East bound services, via the AYE, allows for significant time savings which I feel, might be lost than taking the MRT all the way to Tuas Link.

Hence, until I really see it, I don't think CW will reroute to the frontier, I still think they might add, but not reduce. If anything, it's against the agreed liberalization of cross-border services.
I am guessing that most blue collar workers from Malaysia usually travel to Singapore by motorcycles as their working hour usually begin before 8am. Those travel by bus are likely to be those white collar workers, students etc.

So ideally, there should be 2 stops. One at Tuas Link (to avoid people having to back track to Tuas) and the other at Jurong East where they can easily connect to different parts of western region either for work or schools.

Last edited by CHT; June 8th, 2015 at 04:17 AM.
Old June 8th, 2015, 08:43 AM   #325
eX.A.K.R.

Likes (Received): 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by pioneerboy View Post
I guess this was the original alignment of the Boon Lay MRT Extension:

Personally, I do not think there is a need for Cross Island Line to interchange at any of the Tuas West MRT Extension. We can always have a terminal station near the alignment of the Tuas West MRT extension, while the over-run track runs along the EWL track.
I wonder why they shifted part of the line north though.
eX.A.K.R. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2015, 05:01 AM   #326
ddes

Likes (Received): 390

Quote:
Originally Posted by eX.A.K.R. View Post
I wonder why they shifted part of the line north though.
I think the current alignment is better as it allows a provision for Tuas South extension.
ddes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2015, 04:58 PM   #327
deskoh91
Land Transport Enthusiast

Likes (Received): 34

btw... I dont think a different TWE alignment was ever announced officially.
deskoh91 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2015, 04:11 PM   #328
pioneerboy

Likes (Received): 9

the other alignment was based on the concept plan 2001.
http://www.ura.gov.sg/uol/~/media/Us...N%20%20A3.ashx
pioneerboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2015, 02:04 AM   #329
SGJE

Likes (Received): 0

Jurong regional line

Joo koon station will link up with CCK station via Tengah, for Jurong regional line based on the Land transport master plan 2013 by LTA.
SGJE no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2015, 03:55 AM   #330
leonardot

Likes (Received): 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGJE View Post
Joo koon station will link up with CCK station via Tengah, for Jurong regional line based on the Land transport master plan 2013 by LTA.
Whatever is drawn and shown in that plan, is not drawn to scale and are not official information as of yet. The plan you see, is a really terribly drawn plan.

AsHalt liked this post
leonardot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2015, 12:00 PM   #331
SGJE

Likes (Received): 0

Yes, it is speculative and the plan may change. The plan does fit into the rendering of Tengah new town posted by others earlier.
SGJE no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:26 PM   #332
CHT

Spotted many SI activities around West Coast Road over the past 2 to 3 months. Not sure if this is related to JRL

Old Yesterday, 05:19 PM   #333
raxip

Likes (Received): 2

Might be the CRL...
raxip no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:31 PM   #334
CHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by raxip View Post
Might be the CRL...
Both lines are supposed to merge at some point, So I guess you could say so.