daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > Irish Architecture Forum > Republic of Ireland

Republic of Ireland For projects and construction in Dublin and the South

Old December 22nd, 2013, 01:06 PM   #61
thebig C

Likes (Received): 109

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneborneveryminute View Post
Understandable as many were convinced DU would never go ahead so they wanted control of their property. But will be academic since DU will get the go ahead in the near future and CPOs will be unavoidable. The constitution actually states that property rights cannot override the common good.
Good to hear. Its been a while since I flicked through it. My opinion tends to be coloured by the fact that a friend of mine is a solicitor who frequently leaves me aghast with his pronouncements on how our friends in the legal profession can pretty much bend the laws into whatever shape they want.

I now generally shy away from discussing such matters, as if I vented my disquiet I'd likely lose an old friend.

C
thebig C no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old December 22nd, 2013, 01:08 PM   #62
thebig C

Likes (Received): 109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvblvnia View Post
Yep, under legal principles like eminent domain the Government can certainly assemble the land-banks necessary for projects like DU, MN, the M20 etc. I'm really hoping this project gets concrete (ie, it actually gets poured under our streets) approval in the next capital budget. Seeing photo-threads of stationworks on this site in three years would be fantastic.

Certainly. While I'm fully in favour of MN and believe it should proceed at the same time I'm also aware that DU is the more important project with the greater benefit. In fact, the benefits of both projects can be enhanced if they are built at the same time as they will increase the utility of the other one.
I'd love that too Dvblvnia. However, my gut instinct is that its an either/or situation, that's why I plumped for DU.

C
thebig C no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2013, 04:23 PM   #63
MK Tom

Likes (Received): 88

So has there been any actual news on whether or not DU will go ahead?

241,000 people and growing. Britain's most heavily wooded urban area, 92% satisfaction rate and now centre of the South Midlands region. Oh and we're a city regardless of whether or not the Queen has noticed.
Join the Milton Keynes development thread here!
MK Tom no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: