SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Focus on Naivasha.

10K views 26 replies 14 participants last post by  CaspertheDj 
#1 ·
Naivasha is arguably Kenya's most prominent inland resort town. Its located in Nakuru county about an hours drive from Nairobi. With all the tourist attractions around it; Hell's Gate National Park, Longonot National Park and Mount Longonot, Lake Naivasha and some of Africas largest flower farms, its no surprise that there has been a rush to put up several hotels, resorts there. This thread is meant to highlight the areas development.

See less See more
#2 ·
i think so true but naivasha is already too full and defantly in the weekend and the road from nairobi to naivasha is also horrible. these challenges have to been overcome befor it can really become more than a weekend stay and hopefully into an international world class town!! are there any new large resorts coming??

#3 ·
i think so true but naivasha is already too full and defantly in the weekend and the road from nairobi to naivasha is also horrible. these challenges have to been overcome befor it can really become more than a weekend stay and hopefully into an international world class town!! are there any new large resorts coming??
Is this really true?

#6 ·
I don't know whether Naivasha has alot going on for it.Nakuru's growth was propelled by the dual carriageway running across town and the increased population after the post election violence. Naivasha still has a pretty bad reputation after the PEV violence that rocked that town.I see it more as a transit town to Nakuru and beyond.Hopefully the new government will come up with some sort of masterplan for the town which will drive investment into the city.

#7 · (Edited)
Naivasha does have alot going for it. I pointed that out in the begining. I guess certain places in Kenya will carry the scars of PEV which I hope time will heal.

That's not why I opened this thread. I dont want to focus our attention on the town itself as there is already a Naivasha thread in the urban section. I want to focus on the resorts and other new properties that may be coming up around the area.

#13 ·
Great Rift Valley Lodge.

This is a fairly recent development which combines a gated community with a golf course (one of Africa's best) and lodge.

Pics from the SSC-Kenya golf thread (courtesy of Mwanamwiwa).

#21 ·
Osotua Villas.

Located along South Lake Road in Naivasha on a spectacular lakefront 10-acre property, Osotua Villas is an upcoming development designed to offer ’5-star comfort, privacy and freedom’.

The holiday homes, whose name (Osotua) means friendship in the Maasai language, will consist of 22 studio units, seven 2 bedrooms and fifteen 3 bedrooms.

Amenities offered at Osotua holiday homes include a floating restaurant, spa with swimming pools, conference centre and a marina with a cruise boat for cruises in the lake and recreational fishing for residents and visitors.
http://www.osotuavillasnaivasha.co.ke/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.