search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > United Arab Emirates - دار زايـــد > Dubai Projects > Jumeirah Lakes Towers

Jumeirah Lakes Towers 79 Towers in a masterplanned community by Nakheel

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 6th, 2016, 05:48 AM   #701
Dubai_Star_Hopeful

Likes (Received): 0

Dear Friends,

This is my first time writing on this forum. Like all of you, I purchased an apartment in Dubai Star almost ten years ago and got it finance by FGB. So far, the accrued interested on this property has jumped to almost 60% of the property value and now to make things worse, Preatoni has sent me a legal notice to pay additional charges in the form of administrative fee.

All of these charges combined together take the property cost to almost 170% of it's current market value.

I wanted to check if there are others like me on this forum, and may be collectively we could talk to Preatoni as well as FGB to reach an understanding of mutual interest.

Thanks in advance!
Dubai_Star_Hopeful no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 7th, 2016, 11:06 AM   #702
TarunA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubai_Star_Hopeful View Post
Dear Friends,

This is my first time writing on this forum. Like all of you, I purchased an apartment in Dubai Star almost ten years ago and got it finance by FGB. So far, the accrued interested on this property has jumped to almost 60% of the property value and now to make things worse, Preatoni has sent me a legal notice to pay additional charges in the form of administrative fee.

All of these charges combined together take the property cost to almost 170% of it's current market value.

I wanted to check if there are others like me on this forum, and may be collectively we could talk to Preatoni as well as FGB to reach an understanding of mutual interest.

Thanks in advance!
How do we get in touch?
TarunA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2016, 03:34 AM   #703
Dubai_Star_Hopeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarunA View Post
How do we get in touch?
Just sent you a PM! Others are also welcome to reach out. I believe collectively we have a better chance at reaching a mutually beneficial conclusion.
Old August 11th, 2016, 08:33 AM   #704
noir-dresses
bling bling

Likes (Received): 1883

Stick to what ever it states in your contract, if you payed everything in time the developer is in the wrong, and do not by any means sign any new contracts the developer will request which they will most likely put together so they are not liable to pay penalties.
noir-dresses no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2016, 05:19 AM   #705
Dubai_Star_Hopeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by noir-dresses View Post
Stick to what ever it states in your contract, if you payed everything in time the developer is in the wrong, and do not by any means sign any new contracts the developer will request which they will most likely put together so they are not liable to pay penalties.
I agree!
Old August 27th, 2016, 07:55 PM   #706
R Malhotra

Quote:
Originally Posted by noir-dresses View Post
R u proposing to pay the AED 90 per sq.ft or saying to pay the 5% installment that the developer is asking.
R Malhotra no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2016, 08:39 PM   #707
Tony 90

Likes (Received): 447

Dubai Star last week.

firoz bharmal liked this post
Tony 90 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2016, 09:34 PM   #708
Ahmed N

Hi Tony, Thanks for the pictures. Where there many construction workers on site? Is the project supported with many workers getting on the the completion? did you meet Preatoni? I received an email last week - as I asked when they anticipate the completion for the tower. Initial response was December 2016, but when I questioned even more - they said that they have to complete and hand over no later than March 2017. Do you have any other update to share.
Ahmed N no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2016, 10:10 AM   #709
Tony 90

Likes (Received): 447

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed N View Post
Hi Tony, Thanks for the pictures. Where there many construction workers on site? Is the project supported with many workers getting on the the completion? did you meet Preatoni? I received an email last week - as I asked when they anticipate the completion for the tower. Initial response was December 2016, but when I questioned even more - they said that they have to complete and hand over no later than March 2017. Do you have any other update to share.
I was staying in the building next door, during Eid and it was hard to judge how many workers were there, but there has certainly been progress since May. I don't have any connection to the Dubai Star project and am just an interested observer, who would like to see all these unfinished buildings completed asap. I think the March completion is a bit optimistic, maybe another 12 months, but I guess it depends on how many men they throw at the project. I'm back in Dubai in November, so should see substantial progress by then if the March completion date is feasible.
Tony 90 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2016, 11:29 AM   #710
Ahmed N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony 90 View Post
I was staying in the building next door, during Eid and it was hard to judge how many workers were there, but there has certainly been progress since May. I don't have any connection to the Dubai Star project and am just an interested observer, who would like to see all these unfinished buildings completed asap. I think the March completion is a bit optimistic, maybe another 12 months, but I guess it depends on how many men they throw at the project. I'm back in Dubai in November, so should see substantial progress by then if the March completion date is feasible.
Thanks for your reply. No problem - appreciate the update. Yes your right it they have enough men working on the project it can be completed - however if they don’t.......then we will have to just wait wait wait! The problem is that they keep asking for more money. You would not mind - if you actually saw progress. I have asked them a dozen or more time - as to how many people are working on the project - and they have never replied!
Ahmed N no está en línea   Reply With Quote