SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Snowhill 3 | Snow Hill Queensway | Offices | 20fl | 90m | Comp.

596K views 3K replies 235 participants last post by  leew1974 
#1 ·
New Ballymore Phase 3 Unveiled

Ballymore has unveiled new images of the third phase of its £450m Snowhill development in Birmingham.

The Irish developer began revising proposals for the mothballed phase last year. It had planned to develop a residential and leisure scheme on the site but will now proceed with designs to create an office building of between 150,000 sq ft and 200,000 sq ft.

The £100m Siddell Gibson-designed scheme will feature floorplates of around 20,000 sq ft.

Talks are under way with potential funders for the scheme. Outline plans for the phase will be submitted in Q2, with completion scheduled for 2015.

http://www.egi.co.uk/Articles/Articl...vigationID=464

See less See more
#2 ·
Here's a thumbnail pic from egi of the back.

#7 ·
is it me or are the dark bits where the cladding waves out or the layer below waves in, look at the bottom and you can see it waves in, that could be an interesting feature
It's not the glass waving in and out, it looks like cladding between the floors. Like this in Chicago but nowhere near as obvious.

#10 ·
Any news on the height? Looks between 90-100m to me based on the number of floors and that it is office

#11 ·
After the initial disappointment and final realisation that the original plans for this site have finally been put to rest, I have to say this new compromise design is slowly growing on me. And will certainly be in keeping with the other two phases. Although I wish it could be a little more dynamic & eye-catching

#15 ·
not offensive. That is all.

Should be either a simple but effective building, or if they want some sort of quirkyness they should have pushed the boat out a bit more. Street level looks a bit naff and stand off-ish.. Really dead and the doorway looks like it's trying to hide something.

Unfortunately in this case, it'll have to do. Hopefully it'll be a quality construction.

#18 ·
But people are forgetting that the building to the left is 75m tall, so I think Woody is about right at 120-125m.

Nah i think it will be around 100metres. The original 43 floor tower was 138meters so i think talking about it being close to 125metres is a bit too far.

I think there thinking of giving us skyscraper dudes a tower which will be excatly 100metres to stop us moaning, he he he