daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > United Arab Emirates - دار زايـــد

United Arab Emirates - دار زايـــد The exciting new world in Dubai , Abu Dhabi and other Emirates

Old September 7th, 2004, 06:14 AM   #1
Sultan
BANNED

Likes (Received): 110

UAE firm to launch telecom services in Pakistan next year

WARID Telecom to launch its services in Pakistan next year
Pakistan Times Business & Commerce Desk

LAHORE: New licence cell-phone company WARID telecom will start its operation in Pakistan from the beginning of year 2005, said Chairman Warid Telecom and UAE Minister Shiekh Nahayan Mubarak Al-Nayhayan, says a news report.

Sheikh Al-Nayhayan, who is also the chairman United Bank Limited, Bank Alflah and the minister for higher technology of the UAE was speaking to reporters at States Guest House in connection with signing ceremony of finalising the strategic alliance with WARID and Ericsson telecom here on Sunday.

From Ericsson company, President and Chief Executive officer Pakistan Zibber Mohiuddin signed the strategic alliance documents.

Under the strategic alliance agreement, Ericsson would provide Warid telecom a complete turnkey state of the art network GSM solution, which encompasses the supply of core and radio network equipment, network design, rollout as well as professional services like full network operations and maintenance.

Earlier, Sheikh Al-Nayhayan met President General Pervez Musharraf and briefed him about his company’s network in Pakistan. He said the telecom sector of Pakistan has been flourished very rapidly and the business opportunities in sector were more as compare to past. He told the WARID telecom believe in level playing and they (Warid) would provide better services than any other company. He said the company would become operational from the beginning of next year.

The UAE minister said Warid telecom stands committed to provide the finest mobile phone services to consumers in Pakistan and their partnership with Ericsson, the leader in this field was the proof of their commitment to the Pakistan market where we feel that superior technology coupled with impeccable customer oriented services is the key to attaining leadership.

President and CEO of Ericsson Pakistan Zibber Mohiuddin said they were looking forward to long and mutually beneficial relationship with WARID telecom.●
Sultan no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old September 7th, 2004, 06:51 AM   #2
DubaiDave

Likes (Received): 0

Maybe a bit off topic but anyone have any ideas when Etisalat lose their monopoly?
Having spent the last 2 days on the phone trying to get the correct phone number for my company listed with 181 I cat wait for some competition.
Old September 7th, 2004, 07:12 AM   #3
Dubai-Lover
Construction Paradise

Likes (Received): 3

heard some rumours, there will be some competition next year! am not sure though!
Old September 7th, 2004, 01:30 PM   #4
juiced
go with the flow

DubaiDave, in a way Etisalat has partially lost its monopoly! A new company, called SAHM provides telephone, internet, and television entertainment services to Dubai Marina, Emirates Hills and other residents. We use them, and they are much cheaper and much more efficient that Etisalat, especially when it comes to internet connection speeds. I would rather die than go back to Etisalat now
Their site is www.sahm.ae
juiced no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2004, 01:33 PM   #5
Dubai-Lover
Construction Paradise

Likes (Received): 3

never heard of sahm, but i think etisalat will get some real competition next year. another company doing the same will be founded or whatever! already looked for this article, but can't find it as long time ago!
Old September 7th, 2004, 01:39 PM   #6
DubaiDave

Never heard of the either. But anythings got to be better than Etisalat!
Old September 7th, 2004, 03:46 PM   #7
AMDXL

sahm is not new and provide services only to Emaar "for Emaar projects" and I think they don't block sites since it made for expatriates...

You will see 1 or 2 companies by next year and I think they will only provide mobile services…
AMDXL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2004, 07:14 PM   #8
juiced
go with the flow

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDXL
sahm is not new and provide services only to Emaar "for Emaar projects" and I think they don't block sites since it made for expatriates...

You will see 1 or 2 companies by next year and I think they will only provide mobile services…
SAHM is new it was launched in 2002 and no they don't use a proxy server so no blocked sites
Old September 8th, 2004, 02:31 AM   #9
AMDXL

For me it’s old "2002"… and it is part of Emaar so we won’t see their services outside Emaar properties… but I can say SAHM is much better than Etisalat “juiced you’re lucky”
AMDXL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2004, 02:36 AM   #10
Sultan
BANNED

Ericsson and Warid sign service contract

STOCKHOLM (September 08 2004): Swedish telecom equipment maker Ericsson signed a mobile network services contract with Warid Telecom in Pakistan on Tuesday, the world's biggest producer of mobile networks said in a statement.

Under the contract, Ericsson will provide network design, deployment and integration of a complete GSM, GPRS mobile network, including core and radio network infrastructure.

Ericsson will take the responsibility for the operation and maintenance as well as optimisation of Warid's network, it said.

Coverage and network build-out will begin immediately and the network is expected to be ready for commercial launch in early 2005, the Swedish firm said.

Copyright Reuters, 2004
Old September 8th, 2004, 09:33 AM   #11
Sultan
BANNED

Ericsson gets GSM/GPRS Pakistan order

STOCKHOLM: Telefon AB LM Ericsson (ERICY) said Tuesday it has received an order for telecommunications network equipment and services from Pakistan’s Warid Telecom.

The contract covers the first phase of Warid’s nationwide Global System for Mobile, or GSM, and General Packet Radio Services, or GPRS, networks covering 28 major cities. The value of the deal was not disclosed.

Under the contract, Ericsson will provide turnkey network design, deployment and integration of a complete GSM/GPRS solution, including supply of core and radio network infrastructure.

The Swedish group will also take full responsibility for operation and maintenance, as well as optimization of Warid’s network.

Coverage and network build-out will begin immediately and the network is expected to be ready for commercial launch in early 2005. dow jones newswires

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default...8-9-2004_pg5_3
Old September 8th, 2004, 12:08 PM   #12
juiced
go with the flow

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDXL
For me it’s old "2002"… and it is part of Emaar so we won’t see their services outside Emaar properties… but I can say SAHM is much better than Etisalat “juiced you’re lucky”
Well I suppose you can consider it old, depending on your point of view, and yes, ANYTHING is better than Etisalat