search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > OZScrapers > Local Projects & Discussions > New South Wales > Regional NSW

Regional NSW cities and towns in the rest of the state

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 13th, 2006, 08:49 AM   #101
SinCity
Streetwalker

Likes (Received): 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by CULWULLA
^ that was the case up until a couple of months ago! The good news came after planning minister Sartor approved the masterplan which took 4 years to approve.There was an 8storey height limit and now they have recently approved buildings up to 20storeys! The mayor and council realize that gosford was stagnated and now it will have a future with devlopers realizing the potential of a major CBD exactly halfway between Sydney & newcastle!!
Very good. I'm glad they chose to overide the stagnate local planning laws which were obviously holding Gosford back.

The new hotel is great. the location is perfect too.
SinCity no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 13th, 2006, 08:57 AM   #102
Cee_em_bee

Likes (Received): 1

Sickkk.

*Growing down
Cee_em_bee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2006, 12:15 PM   #103
CULWULLA

Likes (Received): 9733

nice big development approved for terrigal
Old June 27th, 2006, 01:14 PM   #104
papervagina
spider inside my dreams

Hehehehehe... nice clock tower. Is that what gives it a "real European feel"?
papervagina no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2006, 02:09 PM   #105
Tony P
All the way with PJK

Likes (Received): 9

The palm trees also add to the "real European feel".
Tony P no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2006, 03:03 PM   #106
CULWULLA

Planning minister-Frank sartor has recently developed a CITIES TASKFORCE PROJECT which means creating major cities around the Sydney metro area. the cities chosen to develope over next 20 years will be-
WOLLONGONG
NEWCASTLE
PARRAMATTA
PENRITH
LIVERPOOL
GOSFORD.
Gosford LM laurie Maher said that sartors local environmental plan, devlopment control and public domain plan for Gosford will create a new vibrant major city and regional centre-Capital of central Coast!!the taskforce will oversee the growth of gosfords CBd, with denser living,highrise constructions, and entertainment and commercial activity.
thats the good news.
now for bad news-
Spurbest has just last week abandoned plans to develope a key block of land in Gosford waterfront.Spurbest owners have said that the 5 year delay in gaining necessary approvals had proved too much."the company has changed direction and will devlope a sydney site instead"/.the delays have cost many thousands of $$ for the company.back in 2000 they proposed a 30storey and 20storey towers but GCC said they were way too big and were reduced to just 15storeys after gaining approval last year.but it was all too late.The 9,000sqm block of land is now for sale and have expressions of interest by sept1.GCC has said a 15st/206 unit tower with 3000sqm of retail and commercial space have been approved for the site.
---------------------------
man this really angers me. poor old spurbest. what a joke, 5 friggen years???? no one should have to wait that long for an approval. no wonder sartor has taken over and has reset the cbds masterplan. the silly old conservative bastards have gone and Gosford will now come to life after being dead over past decade.
Also current LM of Gosford is a champion.Laurie Maher only a few months back gave his vote to allow highrise on the peninsula (woy woy/umina/ettalong) and now the stagnant area will now have highrise office bldgs and unit/hotel blocks, which will create jobs and pump some life into the area.
here here.
Old July 21st, 2006, 01:05 AM   #107
James Saito

Likes (Received): 2

Piazza style development is the trend nowadays isn't it. I'm all for it!!
James Saito no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2006, 09:34 AM   #108
lions2006

They mentioned on the radio today that the Outrigger resort at ettalong has increased the local business in the area. they need more development like this on the peninsula because it is so run down and unappealing.

i agree 5 years is way too long, hoplefully sartor will speed up the process.

How about the rain this weeK??
Old July 21st, 2006, 12:15 PM   #109
CULWULLA

^yes, the outrigger has been the best thing for the peninsula.all the stupid locals are saying how its overdevelopment andplease no more like these, but after recent articles it has brought Ettalong out of its coma . Hopefully now the 9storey and 7storey next door will get apporval from sartor and kick off more action!
so much rain. its good but my son hasnt played footy for 4 weeks now.climbing the walls.lol
Old July 25th, 2006, 10:44 AM   #110
powlie

Likes (Received): 0

In my opinion, the Rapido development should be built in the city centre of Gosford, honestly, Gosford Town Centre and Imperial Shopping Centre do not cut it for people's preferred shopping spots in the Gosford City area. I heard a ramble that the Imperial was looking into a multi-million dollar expansion and renovation, but I highly doubt its overall aesthetic appeal... Look at the Imperial's website and you will see that the management haven't got an excellent grasp on all things "pretty".

Another quablle: when on earth is the hotel on the CCLC going to commence construction? I would love to know

Regards, POWLIE :P
powlie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2006, 12:07 PM   #111
CULWULLA

yes, the Gosford town centre atm isnt that much to look at but after recent happenings with king sartor, things should get a better direction with better retail bldgs and tall office and resi towers up to 20storeys high. I also cant wait for the 17storey CCLC. i was told it will start this year.nice to hear from you. we need more locals.
cheers
Old July 25th, 2006, 02:41 PM   #112
powlie

Hello!
It's great to know that there are locals on here as well!
Truth be told I've been following this forum every now and then for a few months now, so I decided to join

I have a huge issue with the Imperial Shopping Centre. Honestly, It is in such a brilliant location, its close to places of work, housing, transport, and yet the management can't even seem to run a decent website.

It's a shame they are so tight on details on a renovation/expansion. I emailed the Centre about a month ago concerning a revamp and all I got was a "we are looking into plans for an upgrade". Like I said, it's a shame they don't elaborate.

Also, someone please do tell me that those apartment buildings under-construction in Mann Street are not that horrible colour. It's like they want to dullen Gosford. If I am not mistaken, aren't they the "Sunrise and Sunset" twin tower developments? In the renders prior to construction, they displayed a different colour... oh well, I'm still telling myself it's an undercoat But hey, anything is bound to be better after "King Sartor" (I like that) took over many planning controls from the conservative, non-development nit-wits and Gosford City Council.

I know this is an extraordinarily long post, however did anyone catch the article about a new cultral precinct including an exhibition centre, performing arts centre (which by the way looks very Sydney ), regional library and youth arts facility? But the catch is that they have to relocate Gosford Public first, and the day the Education Department plugs money into the building of a new school when a fully functional one stands will be the day Hell and the rest of it freezes over. Especially at the price the Government would want for that piece of absolutely fantastic real-estate.

Well, that was my b***h over and done with hehe!

Till next post.
Old August 17th, 2006, 02:02 AM   #113
CULWULLA

article in todays local rag about the SPURBEST site. Seems council are intrested in how much land is.The council said they has been much intrest in the 8564sqm site and expected some formal offers before sept1 deadline.A rumour atm is a developer wants to revive Spurbests original 22 storey proposal! the 22storey complex was knocked back 3 years ago but now will be allowed due to Sartors new masterplan for Gosford!
Its such a great site and needs a landmark project to kick along the activity in CBD.
Old August 20th, 2006, 07:17 AM   #114
powlie

Driving through Gosford the other day, and if I am not very much mistaken, it seems that there has been some scaffolding erected at the leagues club in preperation of a crane! FINALLY construction may be beginning :-)

Still no information on the CCLC website though, hopefully there will be soon.

Also, any ideas on which company will be taking charge of the motel?

Till next post - Powlie
Old August 20th, 2006, 09:40 AM   #115
Cell.Phone
Walking Leather Boots

Likes (Received): 46

The Central Coast sure is booming its like becoming a mini cairs their with their modern highrise ect.

But their idea of a shopping mall is a nightmare!!!!! They need a new shopping centre down their. Although they do have some great shopping centres down their i might add like tuggarah westfeild and erina fair.

Best wishes-cell.phone (HA GOT YA THEIR POWLIE!!)

Best wishes
Cell.Phone no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2006, 09:41 AM   #116
CULWULLA

excellent powlie. not sure who is hotel managment.at 17floors it will be tallest bldg on the coast!
nice design too.

cell phone-yeah Erina fair killed gosford town centre a few years ago when it opned. but now things are changing, there is a new shopping centre in centre of CBD and new masterplan will assist retail outlets and improve new projects

Last edited by CULWULLA; August 20th, 2006 at 09:46 AM.
CULWULLA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2006, 12:00 PM   #117
lions2006

The new CCLC building looks awesome. Where are they building that exactly?? to the north or to the south of the current building??

Bad luck mariners, Only 6 days to go till the grand final re-match.
Old August 21st, 2006, 07:35 AM   #118
Cell.Phone
Walking Leather Boots

It is located just to the eats of the trainline and north east of the stadiume. Well thats were i heard it was going to be
Old August 21st, 2006, 07:57 AM   #119
CULWULLA

yeah, makes sense. here google earth map showing site.

Old August 21st, 2006, 09:32 AM   #120
Cell.Phone
Walking Leather Boots

Yay i was right lol the tower looks great but i dont like the location right near a stadiume the only upside is u get the best seats in the house for footy games! they could of put it right opposite a beach that would be more appropriate.