search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 7th, 2017, 03:48 AM   #1541
5portsF4n

Likes (Received): 896

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzaa2 View Post
People used to point to groundsharing for places like Merseyside and say "It works in Milan". It doesn't, it's ruined those clubs. They were competitive while they had the original equivalents of Roman Abramavich backing them. When the funding was pulled by Moratti and Berlusconi there was nothing to keep them competitive.

You can no longer be a super power without owning your own stadium.
Manchester City and PSG say hi. Owning a stadium is not the fast track to becoming or staying a super power. It is, as you alluded to in your post, all about the financial muscle you have. A new stadium for Milan or Inter isn't going to change that without the requisite spending on players that will take to get there.

Last edited by 5portsF4n; November 7th, 2017 at 03:54 AM.
5portsF4n no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 7th, 2017, 11:16 AM   #1542
MikkelAndersen

Likes (Received): 244

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5portsF4n View Post
Manchester City and PSG say hi. Owning a stadium is not the fast track to becoming or staying a super power. It is, as you alluded to in your post, all about the financial muscle you have. A new stadium for Milan or Inter isn't going to change that without the requisite spending on players that will take to get there.
I agree that a new stadium alone will not make you a top club, BUT other factors play a role. E.g. attendance. I'm quite sure a modern stadium will increase the number of spectators. Let's say from 45.000 to 55.000 - that's 10.000 tickets times 25-30 euros times 20-25 matches. Plus drinks and food and merchandise. Easily 15 mill. euros.
Then a full 55.000 seater stadium is more intimidating to the visiting team and looks better on television compared to a half empty stadium.
That's why I vote for two modern 55.000-58.000 seater stadiums for the Milan clubs. San Siro, 81.000, is too big.
Just look at the impact Juventus' new stadium has.
MikkelAndersen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2017, 08:52 PM   #1543
alexandru.mircea
Ars longa, vita brevis

Likes (Received): 10671

The quality of the stadiums in a league certainly impacts the appeal of the TV product as well, especially internationally. I feel that's where the return is going to come for Serie A when most of the stadiums will be improved: international TV rights.

===

Italian cities: pure beauty / France - One photo a day / Bucharest: timelapse + architecture

===

In Praise Of Dirty, Sexy / Boring Cities
alexandru.mircea no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2017, 10:08 PM   #1544
parcdesprinces
churches & stadia/arenas

Likes (Received): 9459

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkelAndersen View Post
BUT other factors play a role. E.g. attendance in the new VIP/corporate seats. I'm quite sure a modern stadium will increase the number of spectators in the new VIP/corporate seats
Fixed!

I mean, indeed, it's all about that nowadays! ...E.g. take a look at the relatively small Parc des Princes in Paris & its new VIP/corporate areas... = €100M annually of match-day revenue today (vs €40M before these new areas)...and, again, our glorious PdP is not particularly big, nor brand new, LOL, as you already know I presume. ... But it is now the most profitable stadium in Europe (regarding the per seat revenue).. just because of its new business/VIP/etc seats...
parcdesprinces no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2017, 12:11 PM   #1545
Rover030

Likes (Received): 455

It seems like the needs for Milan and Inter are very similar. If they could build a stadium together, that would half the costs and give them the same revenue as when they would build a stadium together. Regardless of the way that stadium would be owned.

Of course that would give them the same position so I understand they don't want to strengthen each other, but I don't think it's impossible to be successful when sharing a stadium. The issue with San Siro is that it's not the right stadium for them, not the fact that they share it.
Rover030 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2017, 01:51 PM   #1546
Axelferis

Likes (Received): 2186

Quote:
Originally Posted by parcdesprinces View Post
Fixed!

I mean, indeed, it's all about that nowadays! ...E.g. take a look at the relatively small Parc des Princes in Paris & its new VIP/corporate areas... = €100M annually of match-day revenue today (vs €40M before these new areas)...and, again, our glorious PdP is not particularly big, nor brand new, LOL, as you already know I presume. ... But it is now the most profitable stadium in Europe (regarding the per seat revenue).. just because of its new business/VIP/etc seats...

true and...don't forget it is Paris!
No other contender club in one of the two richest cities in Europe and belong to top 10 world powerful cities.
The prices are not the same everywhere dear.
Old November 8th, 2017, 03:55 PM   #1547
OnwardsAndUpwards

Likes (Received): 410

Does anybody take any financial figures from PSG seriously? Surely they're just accounting tricks so the owner's pass financial fair play rules. The suspicion is that a small number of seats are sold at a vastly inflated price to the Qataris.

Compare https://billetterie.psg.fr/uk/executiveclub
with https://premiumconcierge.arsenal.com...ersfield-town/
and it appears that Arsenal are more expensive and I've chosen a relatively cheap match. The Spurs match is more than twice the price, as you'd expect.

If I want general admission tickets for PSG v Troyes or Caen I can get them for 25 euro. A bargain. I really don't see that the Parc des Princes is genuinely the most profitable stadium in Europe.
OnwardsAndUpwards no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2017, 05:22 PM   #1548
parcdesprinces
churches & stadia/arenas

Likes (Received): 9459

Anyway, all that I know is that the Liverpool and Tottenham owners/officials have visited the Parc des Princes few months ago in order to copy what PSG has done over here at its stadium in terms of very profitable and luxury brand new corporate/VIP areas... So apparently some people at least take the PSG figures quite seriously in that regard, don't you think?

Axelferis liked this post
parcdesprinces no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2017, 05:35 PM   #1549
OnwardsAndUpwards

Likes (Received): 410

Quote:
Originally Posted by parcdesprinces View Post
Anyway, all that I know is that the Liverpool and Tottenham owners/officials have visited the Parc des Princes few months ago in order to copy what PSG has done over here at its stadium in terms of very profitable and luxury brand new corporate/VIP areas... So apparently some people at least take the PSG figures quite seriously in that regard, don't you think?
The facilities do look very nice (as does the whole stadium) but that doesn't mean the figures aren't inflated by PSG in order to bypass Financial Fair Play. All clubs will be keeping tabs on what others do and would be foolish not to.

Anyway, don't want to derail this thread so I'll shut up now!
OnwardsAndUpwards no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2017, 02:59 PM   #1550
Axelferis

Do you know that in France you have account & taxes administration which cannot let companies to cheat as simply as that ?
Old November 9th, 2017, 07:18 PM   #1551
MikkelAndersen

Likes (Received): 244

http://www.football-italia.net/11256...-stadium-plans

Sounds just perfect :-)
A modern 24.000 seater arena with an current average close to 18.000 people.
MikkelAndersen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2017, 07:22 PM   #1552
IThomas

we have a thread for this
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...hp?p=143395463
Old November 14th, 2017, 02:28 AM   #1553
5portsF4n

Likes (Received): 896

I wonder what effect today's news will have on the make up of the Serie A. Could push calls for 18 teams.

Florio liked this post
5portsF4n no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2017, 09:00 PM   #1554
IThomas

Meanwhile...

Quote:
Frosinone Calcio opened the official store within its new stadium

https://www.facebook.com/Frosinone19...type=3&theater
Old November 16th, 2017, 09:20 AM   #1555
NL-duketown

Likes (Received): 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelferis View Post
Do you know that in France you have account & taxes administration which cannot let companies to cheat as simply as that ?
Yes france is really something. Amazing!!

a 5 year old understand that The Qatar Camel Foundation is a bullshit sponsor.
NL-duketown no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2017, 02:08 PM   #1556
Axelferis

Abu dhabi is watching your post
Fly emirates(dubai) too

Tags
bologna, italy, milan, milano, rome, stadium, stadiums, trieste