search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas > Under Construction

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 10th, 2016, 02:40 AM   #801
xalexey

Likes (Received): 1574

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaoutso View Post
it would be much better if they put stands instead of these ugly buildings at the ends!
There are two reasons:
- Wind from the sea (block access)
- An increase in VIP - zone (+ restaurant). Stadium to earn money).
xalexey está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 10th, 2016, 02:35 PM   #802
Avangard-55

Likes (Received): 2496

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaoutso View Post
it would be much better if they put stands instead of these ugly buildings at the ends!

It would have been better without any upper tier at the ends. That would habe been an amazing view on the sea and the mountains.

Atlantropa liked this post
Avangard-55 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2016, 03:17 AM   #803
TEBC

Likes (Received): 4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sochifan View Post
Stadiumdb is just propaganda. Why would anyone care about a 3rd division football club. In fact I don't even think it existed this season. Eventually there will be a real team with actual funding. The stadium can also be used for concerts and stuff. How many stadiums can say they hosted an Olympics, Confederations Cup, World Cup.
Maracanã and Azteca Stadium
Old July 12th, 2016, 03:24 AM   #804
gabriel campos

Likes (Received): 10277

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEBC View Post
Maracanã and Azteca Stadium
Mineirão and Fonte Nova too...
gabriel campos no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2016, 12:18 PM   #805
michał_

Likes (Received): 55

Quote:
Stadiumdb is just propaganda. Why would anyone care about a 3rd division football club. In fact I don't even think it existed this season. Eventually there will be a real team with actual funding. The stadium can also be used for concerts and stuff. How many stadiums can say they hosted an Olympics, Confederations Cup, World Cup.
So you're able to admit that there is no club able to fill the stadium, but when I write it it's propaganda? How convenient! No stadium ever got sustained economically with just concerts and mega events. Please feel free to write how many of these there would have to be for this stadium to generate anything but massive loss. It's a wasteful project with absolutely no long term legacy in mind. And the disaster of both Zhemchuzhyna and FC Sochi is a great example of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherRasha View Post
StadiumDB... good site but run by a bunch of Poles. You can connect the dots from here...
Don't judge everyone by your own standards. When deserved, there's as much praise for Russian stadiums as you can get. So don't cry when you see valid criticism.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
!

ReNaHtEiM liked this post
michał_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2016, 12:35 PM   #806
Sochifan

Likes (Received): 26

You put out misinformation that they are completely unable to ever possibly have attendance for football based on a 3rd division team which is basically like a high school team. A team that played in some old dump of a stadium.

A new stadium and a properly funded team will give a go at getting in the premier league and being successful. I see no reason it would be any worse attended than some of the other premier league teams.

On top of that held an Olympics, Confed Cup, World Cup. And can be used for events, and has the advantage of being the nicest warm area in Russia.

So you saying there is no legacy in mind is just your own spite.

ultEmate, Pickun liked this post
Sochifan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2016, 05:05 PM   #807
michał_

Likes (Received): 55

Quote:
You put out misinformation that they are completely unable to ever possibly have attendance for football based on a 3rd division team which is basically like a high school team. A team that played in some old dump of a stadium.

A new stadium and a properly funded team will give a go at getting in the premier league and being successful. I see no reason it would be any worse attended than some of the other premier league teams.

On top of that held an Olympics, Confed Cup, World Cup. And can be used for events, and has the advantage of being the nicest warm area in Russia.

So you saying there is no legacy in mind is just your own spite.
Have you ever analysed any club's attendances? Clearly not if you see no reason to think it would be any worse than other Premier League sides, which by the way are also nowhere near filling their own stadia in a decent and sustainable manner. If Lokomotiv is failing miserably despite being at Russian football's heart, what chance does a club with no final crest/logo have? Why would people love it just for playing in the Premier League? This is not how anything works, certainly not how football works. And certainly if you think 3rd league is too low to build attendances in a 10,000-capacity stadium in central Sochi, then please share with the rest of the world how are they supposed to fill a 45,000+ giant in suburban Adler.

I'm not putting out misinformation, I'm putting out facts. It's a fact that no team in world history ever managed to go through a transition like that and there is absolutely zero chance of FC Sochi (if they don't fold after a couple more seasons, which is most likely) being able to fill the stadium in the long run. You're wishing on a shooting star, as is apparently the cheerful bunch behind this white elephant. Basically you're mad at reality for not going along your dreams.

So far you failed to list any legacy plan for the stadium. And if you include two ceremonies of the Olympics, a couple games of the Confed Cup and a couple more of the World Cup (12 events at best over 4 years!) than you have no idea of what legacy means. Sure the stadium can hold concerts, so can a parking lot. That says absolutely nothing about its business model so spare your anti-Polish propaganda accusations cause you are yet to build a case for yourself.
and
!

stefan2000 liked this post
michał_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2016, 10:12 PM   #808
Sochifan

Likes (Received): 26

Don't worry about it. What, do you have a financial stake in the stadium or something.

You are just looking to dump on Sochi to try to get some page views from people who have this bizarre equation in their head that Sochi must be presented as terrible to try to demonize the government.

I'm sure they will give a football team a solid go. Even if that doesn't pan out I am fine with the legacy. It will have hosted 3 major events. And can be used for concerts, friendly games, whatever.

ultEmate liked this post
Sochifan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2016, 08:55 AM   #809
stefan2000

Likes (Received): 70

If the most popular club in the country manages 25.179 average in a new stadium, then it is hard to think that FC Sochi will have more than 10.000.
Old July 14th, 2016, 01:17 PM   #810
RobH

Likes (Received): 5727

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherRasha View Post
StadiumDB... good site but run by a bunch of Poles. You can connect the dots from here...
Can we really? Do tell! Sounds to me like you're rubbishing an opinion based on nothing but nationality which makes you an utter prat.

Why is it so many Russians on SSC have a habit of rolling out accusations of propaganda whenever confronted with an opinion they don't like?

Keep posting michał_, your opinion is as valid as anyone else's.

ReNaHtEiM, TGrave liked this post

Last edited by RobH; July 14th, 2016 at 01:32 PM.
RobH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2016, 09:28 PM   #811
xalexey

Likes (Received): 1574

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH View Post
Can we really? Do tell! Sounds to me like you're rubbishing an opinion based on nothing but nationality which makes you an utter prat.

Why is it so many Russians on SSC have a habit of rolling out accusations of propaganda whenever confronted with an opinion they don't like?

I am constantly "block" on the "European form" and never to "Russian form". My opinion - the Russians are more tolerant.
In the European form - lots of posts removed.
It is my observation.

Pickun liked this post
xalexey está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2016, 12:45 PM   #812
Ajakran

Likes (Received): 3

One thing that i very hungry to see is palms, many many palms around
Ajakran no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2016, 05:52 PM   #813
MotherRasha

Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH View Post

I think you connected the dots haha
MotherRasha no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2016, 07:36 AM   #814
Ranma Saotome
早乙女乱馬

Likes (Received): 62182

July 27

xstratus, EPA001 liked this post
Ranma Saotome no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2016, 05:42 PM   #815
xstratus

Likes (Received): 70

from time to time i think,
who plans stupid these details in a stadium,
for example: if the board had with vertical beam above the rafters, could the flat surface of buildings to be fitted further seats with temporary stands?!
xstratus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:48 AM   #816
Ranma Saotome
早乙女乱馬

Likes (Received): 62182

Picture from early July. Click to enlarge:

https://twitter.com/AllettMowers

Psychologyst, EPA001 liked this post
Ranma Saotome no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:49 PM   #817
Ranma Saotome
早乙女乱馬