daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls > Proposed Supertalls

Old September 7th, 2013, 08:15 AM   #41
Archaean
BANNED

Likes (Received): 276

Even when theyre finished the common man's perception of Asia will still be considerably leaser than that of the US. China really hasnt done anything yet to convince the world that it is a serious threat to the influence of the US. Even once it surpasses the US in terms of evonomic power it will still be widely viewed as the worlds number two until it does something to upset the common perception of world power.

Highcliff liked this post
Archaean no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old September 7th, 2013, 08:26 AM   #42
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1568

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunming tiger View Post
I doubt that a lot of people in the US keep tabs on what's happening in Asia so it might be possible to put forward a 1300 ft proposal there and be taken seriously.

Until the proposed buildings are actually finished then the perception that the US isn't significantly behind wil persist.
Well shanghai tower is almost finished and already draws a lot of attention. I see many americans expressing how big fans they are of the project in st thread. Many says they like it more than 1wtc. Pingan is also getting more and more attention, and wait for the likes of wuhan greenland center getting out of the ground

I have no doubts the developments in China are far more spectacular in scale than anything in us, but I also acknowledge that while american projects are much smaller they usually presents much better quality both in design and execution. Well at least in NY. They are also usually better thoughtful and incorporated to the surroundings. But that said, no 400m tower can be as spectacular to follow construction of as a fat 600m megatall sucker always is

btw just look how behind the 1wtc was in construction cup (shanghai tower won):

http://xl.skyscrapercity.com/?page=tournament&var=5
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

ZZ-II, TowerVerre:), Highcliff liked this post

Last edited by patrykus; September 7th, 2013 at 08:38 AM.
patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2013, 09:12 AM   #43
Puppetgeneral

Likes (Received): 185

Well, from what I have observed the last maybe 5-10 years, I see the 300 was like beginning of the century. I think that time we have a lot proposals for 300-400, and some 400+, then as we move to 2005 on we have more 400 projects, now recent years 500 is no longer a surprise, and in a year or so, 600+ will be coming out of a lot of cities, them 800 in 2020 and maybe 2030-35 900-1000 and 2050 mile high ones.
Old September 7th, 2013, 10:59 AM   #44
MattTheTubaGuy
Skyscrapers to the stars

Likes (Received): 444

Wow, yet another megatall for China!
While the design will presumably change, I don't think a 700m box will be too bad, basically 432 Park Ave on steroids!

Complete and T/O Supertalls Map
U/C Supertalls Map
Prep and O/H Supertalls Map
All Supertalls map!

Google Earth map (WIP)

ZZ-II's World Supertalls List

view my buildings made on Maya

MattTheTubaGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2013, 11:15 AM   #45
z0rg
Ironborn member

Likes (Received): 8055

Could anyone tell us about this developer? Is it reliable? Do they have significant projects already?

More than 300 supertall projects on going in China.

z0rg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2013, 06:29 PM   #46
kunming tiger

Likes (Received): 158

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaean View Post
Even when theyre finished the common man's perception of Asia will still be considerably leaser than that of the US. China really hasnt done anything yet to convince the world that it is a serious threat to the influence of the US. Even once it surpasses the US in terms of evonomic power it will still be widely viewed as the worlds number two until it does something to upset the common perception of world power.
I totally agree with that statement. But the two questions that arise would be what and when?

I say let the Chinese build all the infrastructure they desire, goods and services both high and low tech and the world would be a better place for it.

This building spree will hopefully last for another two decades or more and keep them busy. China is accumulating enormous financial, human, technological resources combined with her boundless ambition makes her a formidable friend and/or foe. No amount of perception is going to change that.
Old October 24th, 2013, 11:39 PM   #47
saiho

Likes (Received): 244

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamhou2005 View Post
They did, but the entire village nearby is going to be erased from the map by another developer, and will be a much more significant project than this one

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1587183
Well considering the preliminary density, variety of buildings and uses I would say its a good trade. Dachong on the other hand is meh.

TowerVerre:), Highcliff liked this post
saiho está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2013, 06:39 PM   #48
Atmosphere
Live from the sky!

Likes (Received): 227

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaean View Post
Americans will never consider another country other than theirs to be number 1 I think. Also, most Chinese know very little about whats going on in America, and it isn't any different visa versa.

Highcliff, cross1315, TowerVerre:) liked this post
Atmosphere no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2013, 07:01 PM   #49
Ivanator
The Dark Knight

Likes (Received): 108

Wooo! Go Shenzhen!
Ivanator no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2013, 12:59 AM   #50
maldini

Likes (Received): 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerZavatar View Post
163 floors, probably a real design will also feature some sort of crown or spire i guess, even if a small one it will be above 800m easily! shenzhen must have heard the news of century plaza and sky city being both on prep
Where is this sky city?
maldini no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2013, 10:36 AM   #51
jason102

Likes (Received): 27

OMG! I just realized I live right across the street from where they plan to build this! I have a great view of the site from my living room balcony! Currently there's a furniture mall at this location, and when I went there just a couple days ago it was business as usual, with no signs of anything being closed. My Chinese is just so-so; did anyone read when they plan to demolish the furniture store and start construction/foundation work? It doesn't seem like anything's about to happen soon!

Anyways, I'll add a couple pictures I took today, this afternoon (10/30). You can sort of see Shenzhen Bay in the background, and even further behind that are the hills of Hong Kong. This is of course looking south. My apartment complex on the north side of Shennan Avenue - this location is right on top of the Baishizhou metro station - you can see a metro station exit at the bottom right under the trees of the first picture:

Old October 30th, 2013, 02:39 PM   #52
Fabouninou

Likes (Received): 147

Shenzhen really IS the city of the future!!!

TowerVerre:), Ivanator liked this post
Fabouninou no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2013, 11:26 PM   #53
Eric Offereins
The only way is up

Likes (Received): 5667

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason102 View Post
OMG! I just realized I live right across the street from where they plan to build this! I have a great view of the site from my living room balcony! Currently there's a furniture mall at this location, and when I went there just a couple days ago it was business as usual, with no signs of anything being closed. My Chinese is just so-so; did anyone read when they plan to demolish the furniture store and start construction/foundation work? It doesn't seem like anything's about to happen soon!

Anyways, I'll add a couple pictures I took today, this afternoon (10/30). You can sort of see Shenzhen Bay in the background, and even further behind that are the hills of Hong Kong. This is of course looking south. My apartment complex on the north side of Shennan Avenue - this location is right on top of the Baishizhou metro station - you can see a metro station exit at the bottom right under the trees of the first picture:
Great. You have a nice POV for the updates.
Eric Offereins no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2013, 12:00 AM   #54
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 3415

a store not even set yet for demolition is another indicator how much of a concept this building still is. i hope next year will bring some more details on the plan though so that we know a rough time shedule
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2013, 12:22 AM   #55
Ivanator
The Dark Knight

Likes (Received): 108

A view so close to a 700m+ would be fantastic!
Ivanator no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2013, 10:18 AM   #56
SkYsCrApEr2013
AnYtHiNg CaN bE rEaLiTy

Likes (Received): 481

Quote:
Originally Posted by maldini View Post
Where is this sky city?
Sky City J220 is in Changsha
SkYsCrApEr2013 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2013, 06:11 AM   #57
kunming tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmosphere View Post
Americans will never consider another country other than theirs to be number 1 I think. Also, most Chinese know very little about whats going on in America, and it isn't any different visa versa.
I guess that's true , it was true for the ancient Greek, Roman and British Empires as well. One thing that is consistent over history is constant cycle of decline and then renewal.

Just because most people don;t believe mean it's not true. Perception doesn't change reality. In fact most of what the average Joe thinks about the outside world is largely not true at least not in absolute terms.

Thankfully forums such as these alllow users to post up info that otherwise wouldn't be seen.

TowerVerre:) liked this post
kunming tiger no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2013, 06:12 AM   #58
kunming tiger

It's a long term project for sure.
kunming tiger no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2013, 06:52 PM   #59
crriss

Likes (Received): 12

Quote:
a store not even set yet for demolition is another indicator how much of a concept this building still is. i hope next year will bring some more details on the plan though so that we know a rough time shedule
Not always. I know few places in Shenzhen where the old buildings got a facelift just before they were pulled down. I have no idea if is just wasting of money, or taking advantage of some leg. hole which allows the price of the building to be evaluated based on the outlook as well. one example, few 4-5 stories tall blocks in the perimeter of Kaisa yard, proposed, prepared, but actually never happent anything there as I know, and possibly cancelled.

TowerVerre:) liked this post
crriss no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2013, 07:19 PM   #60
williamhou2005
Shenzhener

Likes (Received): 114

Quote:

I wouldn't worry about this one.

This furniture mall, was previously a failed indoor theme park called "Future City". It opened for business when I was 10 years old and I got a free voucher to go as part of the very first student guests for this business. It was just okay at the time however there was no reason to go there again. Within a year or so no one was interested in this indoor theme park anymore after the initial hype, and it was closed for business for several years.

The next time I bypassed the Future City (it's a good location on the main avenue of Shenzhen, Shennan Rd, can't miss it), it was found to be a messy and low quality furniture mall, and that is still what you see today.

This is one of the most prominent failed businesses in the history of Shenzhen, it should have gone long long time ago, and it has to make way soon.

TowerVerre:), KillerZavatar liked this post
williamhou2005 no está en línea   Reply With Quote