Baltic Arena - Gdansk
Capacity: 45 000

Wroclaw Arena - Wroclaw
Capacity: 46 000

Poznan Stadium - Poznan
Capacity: 47 000

Chorzow Stadium - Chrozow (reserve)
Capacity: 56 000

Henryka Reymana Stadium- Krakow (reserve)
Capacity: 33 000

Ukraine

Dnotesk
Capacity:55 000 people

-

Olympic Stadium Kiev
Capacity:69 000 people

[Kiev Olympic Stadium was to be upgraded, but a new stadium will now be built - No pics yet]

FC Metalist's Stadium - Kharkiv
Capacity:42 000 people

Dnipropietrsk (reserve)
Capacity:34 000 people

Lviv
Capacity:- ?

Odessa (reserve)
Capacity: 35 000 people

This is not a fight. But I just wanted to know your oppinion...

Wich country should host the EURO 2012 Football Championship

See less See more
#518 ·
Well then. Since North posted some pics from Gdansk I'll post a few of Krakow as well. It's a reserve city, but who said anyone should ignore it? ;) Especially it's the main point where roads from Polsand to Ukraine (and back) cross. [photos aren't mine]

Wawel castle in winter

Kanonicza Street- the oldest and in my opinion most charming in Krakow

St. Mary's Church at main square

The Cloth Hall, main square

#519 ·
Then I will post a couple from Kyiv, where Euro 2012 final will take place

#523 ·
I don’t want to offend any Hungarians or Croats, but come on people what made your bid so much better then ours. Then the Hungarian prime minister starts complaining. I’m not trying to be mean or to make fun of you but obviously you think that Ukraine is far behind you, although it has one of the fastest economic growth in Europe and GDP of both your countries put together.

#526 ·
Well, not long have we had to wait for first propositions of improving the stadiums...

1. As fgdf has shown below, the stadium in Poznan is said to have a retractable roof and the capacity should increase up to 50 000 (think they will try to get five stars) by adding third tier to one of the stands behind the goals. This means only one stand will be lower than others.
And as for attendance- the Lch Poznan- Legia Warszawa game has been sold out in a few hours, over 24 000 tickets. Nothing you see in Poland aart from World League Volleyball.

2. Krakow is trying to fix something out of the project... with poor results. Today's proposition is a stadium with PERMANENT roof over the pitch (membrane or glass in the construction, depends on funds). Looks just soooo ugly:

Hope they work on it...

#548 ·
Also Hun-Cro are too small too host any big events unless you grow in size which is impossible.
You forget that Euro 2004 was held in Portugal, which is smaller than CRO-HUN, and EURO 2008 in Switzerland-Austria, which is equal in size with CRO-HUN

If you know that we got EURO because of "mafia boss Surcis" pleas prove it.
How you comment the thing that 3 days before decision technical commitee of UEFA wanted to throw out POL-UKR bid

Dont ever compare you GDP to ours its too far behind.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_%28PPP%29_per_capita

39. Hungary 19,559 $
53. Croatia 14,368 $
86. Ukraine 7,637 $

#532 ·
gheesh UKR87 uve gotta be kiddin me with the GDP part?? theres no way Ukraine could be compared with Croatia nor Hungary :crazy: they`re far ahead of you guys. croatian GDP per capita is around $15,500 and the hungarian one even higher (if im not mistaken),and urs is what $7,000 or so?

i mean no offence,congrats on the bid and all that,but some things u said up there just arent right ;)

#536 ·
so poznan will have a 50.000 stadium?

#550 ·
Its just shows how uncivilized you are and were you come from looks like Mongolians thought you well. If you want to talk about us look at your country first. That little piece of land you have is completely useless. Your country sucks in every sport especially soccer you people loss against Malta. In every other sport your not even noticed, just look at the fact that it is your third time biding for EURO. The only way you are like that now is because you joined NATO and EU otherwise you would be worse then Moldova.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.