Baltic Arena - Gdansk
Capacity: 45 000

Wroclaw Arena - Wroclaw
Capacity: 46 000

Poznan Stadium - Poznan
Capacity: 47 000

Chorzow Stadium - Chrozow (reserve)
Capacity: 56 000

Henryka Reymana Stadium- Krakow (reserve)
Capacity: 33 000

Ukraine

Dnotesk
Capacity:55 000 people

-

Olympic Stadium Kiev
Capacity:69 000 people

[Kiev Olympic Stadium was to be upgraded, but a new stadium will now be built - No pics yet]

FC Metalist's Stadium - Kharkiv
Capacity:42 000 people

Dnipropietrsk (reserve)
Capacity:34 000 people

Lviv
Capacity:- ?

Odessa (reserve)
Capacity: 35 000 people

This is not a fight. But I just wanted to know your oppinion...

Wich country should host the EURO 2012 Football Championship

See less See more
#712 ·
I've seen a couple of those web-sites, but they weren't that helpful. I prefer following specific projects at our section on this forum. There aren't many self made airport-construction updates because nobody lives near the airports :) besides, Kyiv terminal D started construction only a week or so ago. Kharkiv airport has some self made pics on that link I gave you, because it's close to the city and forumers can go there.

And what's wrong with newspaper pics, like this one of the new runway in Donetsk?

But this thread is for stadiums only, you can go to the specific threads I provided and ask questions there in English, I or somebody else will reply. Besides myself, most ukrainians (over 120+ members) don't visit sections outside ukrainian forum. But unlike poles, ukrainians aren't that interested in roads and airports projects, mostly skyscrapers, highrises, various buildings etc.. But some are, and they will try to help you :)

#719 ·
it's not a new stadium it's just a renovation of stadium that was built in 50'.Stadium has a motorcycle speedway track but it was not in use since years.In 1973 it hosted SPEEDWAY WORLD Championship with attendance around 100,000 people - probably attendance record of motorcycle speedway.Now they want to make an athletic track at the place where is now something what was a speedway track

#723 ·
Is there even 1 stadium in poland that is complete, that's gonna be a euro 2012 stadium, cause ukraine have 1 stadium that is complete, and 2 stadiums that are almost complete. So now i think Ukraine is more on schedule than poland is :cheers:

#725 ·
The UEFA 2012 tournament has four reserve stadiums in Chorzow, Krakow, Kharkiv, and Odessa. What is the purpose of a reserve stadium for a soccer tournament?

#728 ·
NMAISTERY007, NO NEED TO BE NASTY. UEFA WANTED TO DROP UKRAINE A LONG TIME AGO BUT POLAND PROTESTED...SO LET'S WORK TOGETHER EH?

#738 ·
Guys, I wrote it on the Polish part of the forum already, don't even try to contest with each other! In this case we are partners as well and we have to remember there is no possibility to host the tournament without Poland or Ukraine. Of course, financial crisis with internal troubles of one of the countries chosen to organise EURO 2012 is quite great time to criticise progress and efforts in direction of planned works, however in this situation we ought to rather support each other in reaching aims concerning hosting the tournament! So, if someone wants to prove me Ukraine or Poland could prepare the championships alone, I have one answer only: No way!

#742 ·
Except without the oligarchs lol.

Really, if someone throws shit in your face, you should expect to get shit thrown back.

Im proud that both countries were awarded the rights to host. The infrastructure and stadium upgrades in both countries are incredible. We are going from so very little to so much. Much respect to UEFA. And much respect to both countries for getting their acts together.

#747 ·
I don't know where you guys get your news from, but you can visit specific thread for every ukrainian stadium and they are all long since under construction, there will be no more dramatic changes.

Regarding Olympic stadium, it's going to be 95% new, while 5% will be some remainings from the original for sentimental reasons because of its history and having hosted Olympics of 1980. It's already 90% demolished as you can see in the designated thread.

As to Kharkiv, construction is almost completed, no dramatic changes should be expected there :)

#748 ·
Donetsk: nearly finished
Dnipro: finished

Olympic, right on schedule

Odesa, right on schedule

Lviv, slightly behind but catching up fast
webcams http://stadion.lviv.ua/

Lviv new airport terminal thread which I just made
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=847792

Kharkiv, almost done

Kharkiv new airport terminal
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=832386

P.S. I've stopped reading "news" on Euro 2012, journalists seem to be much less competent and knowledgeable than regular enthusiasts on these forums. Everyday they publish some new nonsense that has nothing to do with reality.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.