#1 ·
Projects:

- Hospital Bend
- Koeberg Interchange
- Granger Bay Boulevard
- R300
- General road upgrades
- Airport Interchange

Including plans,images of progress and construction strategies.

#521 ·
are they going to open the one flyover at the start of world cup. They should evacuate everything before the world cup so it doesnt look like a big construction site. I went to the New Zealand forum yesterday. They RWC preparation is a joke, so SA is not that bad! go check out they RWC Final Stadium. Its worse than any of our Stadiums for the World cup. Not even half as good as Athlone or Orlando Stadium.

#532 ·
It seems complete from sitting in the traffic

1. Tarring of the area where the flyover meets the M5, i.e. after the flyover
2. Addition of gaps between portions of the flyover, which a friend said, is fitted with structures allowing the road to expand and contract
3. Finishing of some concrete "railings" of the flyover.
4. Landscaping may begin this week

#533 ·
^^ The reason the M5 beyond the Maitland exit was closed was due to them tarring and finishing the flyover's merge with M5 south traffic. They will probably open the N1 west to M5 south flyover this week still (as far as I know, must be done for World Cup). The M5 north to N1 east flyover is going to be done in November if I'm not mistaken?

#534 · (Edited)
Flyover was opened at 10am this morning, will close intermittently after the world cup to finish up some of the joints.

To my horror i hear that the 2 lanes become one half way over the flyover and the M5 to N1 flyover will follow the same procedure. What were they thinking, all this money and then they create a jam point on the bridges.

M5 North to N1 is due for completion June 2011 well before the contractual delivery date.

#537 ·
The bottleneck at Koeberg Interchange was not primarily caused by a single lane off-ramp, but a weaving of traffic and terribly slow, sharp bends. Both traffic trying to access the N1 from the M5 and the N1 access to M5 was plagued by tight, 30km/h bends and ad hoc chaotic merging needed in a matter of 30m. This will definitely improve the situation.