daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Indonesia Skyscrapers Forum > The Skybazaar of Indonesia > Archive

Closed Thread

Old March 5th, 2007, 02:55 AM   #1
icracked
Kulia I Ka Nu'u

Likes (Received): 12

Indonesia Car Created by Anak Negeri

Living in United States, you noticed that all the developing countries and developed countries have something in common, they all produce their own national car. Korea is doing very well here, Hyundai and Kias are improving in quality and performance. Malaysia has its protons, China has its Cherry, Phillipines are thinking of creating their own cars and about Indo? I really want my home country to step up and stop relying on Japanese/Foreign companies to produce their vehicles/electronics. I think Indonesia should used South Korea as a model because South Korea was a under developed country a few decades ago and now they are a world-class country.

That's my thoughts..
icracked no está en línea  

Sponsored Links

Old March 5th, 2007, 03:37 AM   #2
F-ian

Likes (Received): 53

I think its because Toyota heavily Invested in Indonesia.... same to Thailand which also doesn't have its own car

but yes we need to make cars now since Suzuki APV, Toyota Kijang, Toyota Rush is made in Indonesia

We had Timor(Teknology Industry Mobil Rakyat) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timor_(car)

but that was a fugly name... I wish rivive something like that and change the Name to
Temorak(Teknology Mobil Rakyat)

but don't forget it should be a private company without the government touching it..

anyone got ideas on what should be the name of the brand of Indonesia's national car?

Last edited by F-ian; March 5th, 2007 at 03:45 AM.
F-ian no está en línea  
Old March 5th, 2007, 03:45 AM   #3
Blue_Sky

Likes (Received): 447

Garuda
With a statue of garuda infront (just Garuda version of Jaguar)

Back then we have Timor and Bimantara
Timor ususally used by taxi, Bimantara by lower rank ppl work in govt
Blue_Sky no está en línea  
Old March 5th, 2007, 03:56 AM   #4
icracked
Kulia I Ka Nu'u

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farean View Post
I think its because Toyota heavily Invested in Indonesia.... same to Thailand which also doesn't have its own car

but yes we need to make cars now since Suzuki APV, Toyota Kijang, Toyota Rush is made in Indonesia

We had Timor(Teknology Industry Mobil Rakyat) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timor_(car)

but that was a fugly name... I wish rivive something like that and change the Name to
Temorak(Teknology Mobil Rakyat)

but don't forget it should be a private company without the government touching it..

anyone got ideas on what should be the name of the brand of Indonesia's national car?
By national car, I mean a car company that is from Indonesian from the ground up. Suzuki APV? Toyota Rush? Those are made in Indonesia but is owned by a Japanese company. Hopefully someday someone in Jakarta will bring in a 100% Indonesian car company. And btw, Timor is associated with S. Korea.
Old March 5th, 2007, 04:30 AM   #5
sanhen
Urban Monk

Likes (Received): 2

Yeah, it was rebranding of daewoo or hyundai.. i think?
sanhen no está en línea  
Old March 5th, 2007, 04:40 AM   #6
laba-laba
Resetter

Likes (Received): 1078

never happen...

Medan movies - http://www.youtube.com/Medanmovie
laba-laba está en línea ahora  
Old March 5th, 2007, 04:43 AM   #7
Blue_Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanhen View Post
Yeah, it was rebranding of daewoo or hyundai.. i think?
Hyundai I think
Old March 5th, 2007, 04:48 AM   #8
Blue_Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by laba-laba View Post
never happen...
Actually ur the only one who answered the question
The others (include me) were just out of the topic

Old March 5th, 2007, 04:52 AM   #9
icracked
Kulia I Ka Nu'u

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Sky View Post
Hyundai I think
It was Kia
Old March 5th, 2007, 04:59 AM   #10
laba-laba
Resetter

should japan manufacture..trust me... i know what im doing...

Old March 5th, 2007, 05:09 AM   #11
icracked
Kulia I Ka Nu'u

Quote:
Originally Posted by laba-laba View Post
should japan manufacture..trust me... i know what im doing...
Oh come on, you don't believe we can make our own cars? I know right now its a bit early but hopefully in the next 10 years, this project will become a reality. Imagine Indonesia as a super industrial nation that didn't only relie on tourism.
Old March 5th, 2007, 05:17 AM   #12
Blue_Sky

Actually I share the same doubt with laba-laba
And I think we depends so much with our natural resources and not our tourism
Old March 5th, 2007, 05:21 AM   #13
laba-laba
Resetter

Toyota for example, they have low to high models car. They can build eveything about car. why must korean car ? they car cheap dont mean good...

NB. Tidak semua orang mau membeli mobil korea...

Old March 5th, 2007, 05:27 AM   #14
laba-laba
Resetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by icracked View Post
Oh come on, you don't believe we can make our own cars? I know right now its a bit early but hopefully in the next 10 years, this project will become a reality. Imagine Indonesia as a super industrial nation that didn't only relie on tourism.
im pesimistis ..
Kenapa tidak dari project-project kecil dahulu ? kenapa harus mobil ?
Selama ini proyek pengganti Bajaj tidak beres-beres. KEnapa tidak dari projek kecil2 dulu ?. Anggaplah projek ini tidak menghasilkan duit, tapi letakan di posisi di Riset and development.
Langkah awal, tunjuk swasta/pemerintah/instansi yang ingin mengembangkan proyek kecil dengan bekerjasama pihak luar. Setelah berhasil instansi tersebut melangkah ke proyek besar/mobil.
Lihat kancil, suara mesinnya seperti mesin pompa ban angin mobil..
Kita harus melihat kegagalan proton di malaysia. Maka kita harus membuat matang-matang rencana baru supaya kejadian proton tidak terjadi dikita.

Old March 5th, 2007, 05:49 AM   #15
MARINHO

Likes (Received): 3

During the Soeharto administration Indonesia had a pro nationalistic course.

Indonesia then had the ability to create heavy industries: a national car (in conjuction with KIA), an aviation industry (www.indonesian-aerospace.com). A steel industry (www.krakatausteel.com), a rollingstock industry (www.inka.web.id), shipbuilding industry (www.pal.co.id), Telematics Industry (www.inti.co.id), Electronic Appliances (www.len.co.id) and nuclear technology (Batantek.co.id), others are www.pindad.co.id, www.dahana.com, www.ptbbi.co.id, barata.co.id.

These are all pilars of development. Created by the visionary Dr. Prof. B.J. Habibie.

But now with this government. THIS IS SHIT! We should believe that it is better. It is totally not better! Indonesia's owned companies are sold to hedgefunds or foreignparties for short term profits. On the long term the goverment gains nothing.

All the administrations after the Soeharto administration have failed to establish a national development program. Old protective measures (tarrif barriers were slashed). But these barriers were created by the Soeharto administration to protect the economy. Preventing commodities like sugar, and rice from entering the Indonesia by large ammounts which in turn could destroy the domectic market. Or the additional luxury tax on cars were imposed to give the Indonesian automotive industry a chance.

Privatisasi or swastanisasi in indonesia means automatically healing a company for politicians, maybe it will for a shorttime. but it does not contribute to development. All heavy industries will be privatized. But they should be used to inspire Indonesia's coming generation. Something we call nationbuilding.

Look to the results. Yes there is REFORMASI but all strategic assets will be gone. All banks which are needed to finance (export) credits will be in foreign hands. Indonesia will be left with commodities but not with the sophisticated companies, which as I mentioned earlier are needed to receive the status of a developed nation.
So why is for example Institut Teknologie Bandung needed when Indonesian companies cannot deliver students with the jobs were they have studied for.
The result will be that they will leave the country.

Countries like Taiwan R.o.C. or South Korea reached their status as fully developed nation not by privatising but by investing heavily in it's heavy industries.
Conglomerates (Chaebol) like Hyundai, Daewoo, Samsung made of South Korea wat it now is.
And luckily both South Korea and Taiwan did not follow the IMF advise in 80's.
They went against the advise, they did not privatise. And reached succes and prosperity.

When Indonesia wants to create a national car it should invest in it’s national spirit, the coming generation. Establish and facilitate.

But I do believe that I have to forget the succesfull years of the Soeharto administration.

Last edited by MARINHO; March 5th, 2007 at 06:41 AM.
MARINHO no está en línea  
Old March 5th, 2007, 05:51 AM   #16
rilham2new
Obsolete User

Likes (Received): 377

National car = nation pride....
..that's it..

Btw, orang2 negara tetangga mengakui juga kok kalo mereka lebih prefer TOYOTA, NISSAN, CHEVROLET, yanh mobil2 import lah... But, since the annual tax nya mahal, plus value-added tax nya juga gede... so, mereka prefer mobil nasional mereka, lagian kalo mobil nasional bisa ngutang ama pemerintah dengan bunga yang super-rendah... Jadi orang ndeso juga bisa beli mobil ....

== Moral of the story: the good govt is the govt who protects domestic industry , ... mungkin pendapatku terdengar anti-globalization ... but, I dont care ...

Last edited by rilham2new; March 5th, 2007 at 06:00 AM.
rilham2new está en línea ahora  
Old March 5th, 2007, 06:13 AM   #17
MARINHO

Likes (Received): 3

Seen from western perspective it maybe sounds like Anti-globalisasi but seen from an untouched Indonesian pespective with in mind Indonesian interests it is nothing more than logical to protect the domestic market.
MARINHO no está en línea  
Old March 5th, 2007, 06:15 AM   #18
rilham2new
Obsolete User

Likes (Received): 377

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARINHO View Post
Seen from western perspective it maybe sounds like Anti-globalisasi but seen from an untouched Indonesian pespective with in mind Indonesian interests it is nothing more than logical to protect the domestic market.
I'm 115% agree with your statement...
Old March 5th, 2007, 07:29 AM   #19
laba-laba
Resetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilham_rj View Post
National car = nation pride....
..that's it..

Btw, orang2 negara tetangga mengakui juga kok kalo mereka lebih prefer TOYOTA, NISSAN, CHEVROLET, yanh mobil2 import lah... But, since the annual tax nya mahal, plus value-added tax nya juga gede... so, mereka prefer mobil nasional mereka, lagian kalo mobil nasional bisa ngutang ama pemerintah dengan bunga yang super-rendah... Jadi orang ndeso juga bisa beli mobil ....

== Moral of the story: the good govt is the govt who protects domestic industry , ... mungkin pendapatku terdengar anti-globalization ... but, I dont care ...
yang membedakan harga cuman TAX. Gak mungkin kan indonesia membuat mobil hanya untuk orang yang tidak mampu membeli mobil luar ?. Masa membuat mobil karena SOSIAL ? Jangka pendeknya mungkin berguna membuat mobil murah. Jadi indonesia harus bekerja sama dengan perush luar yang sudah bonafit.

Indonesia bukan negara pencipta. Belum ada moral pencipta. Makanya susah indonesia memiliki ownbranded.. Nanti2 lah pasti bisa.. sabar2 aja..Otomatis itu.. Untuk sementara kita hanya yang kecil2 saja dulu.. nasip.. nasip...

Yang pasti ilmu kita punya.. Tapi niat pemerintah tidak serius...

Old March 5th, 2007, 07:31 AM   #20
F-ian

Likes (Received): 53

we need people to Aku Cinta Indonesia first then we can make a car hehehe
F-ian no está en línea  
Closed Thread