SkyscraperCity Forum banner

What do you prefer?

• Standard Flat Units

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • Loft Type Units

Votes: 18 56.3%
4,141 - 4,160 of 4,335 Posts
^^ Nowadays its not economical to get your own house & lot within M. Manila. Since most available units are extremely expensive and hard to find. The only good finds its either you go farther north (Bulacan), farther east (somewhere in Antipolo) or farther south (some where in Paranaque, Las Pinas).

This mean the only way to get a good dwelling inside the city is we go vertically up. By means of getting a medium rise or highrise condominium.

Another factor you should consider in choosing your future dwelling if you can withstand the travel time between your residence and your work place. Meaning spending many hours either in your car and public transport.

I have a friend who live in Cavite and Laguna and work in Makati/Ortigas. They need to be on the road around 4-5am in the morning and arrive home at around 9-10pm daily. Would you waste your time in traffic rather than spending quality time with your family?

Not to mention additional money you need to spend for gasoline, toll fee and incidental cost just to go home to your house & lot.

Just try to imagine that my friend? Would you??... :cheers:

^^^^

as i mentioned in my post, there are advantages in condo-living as well as in owning a house and lot.

With your own yard and generally more square-footage, houses tend to be more family friendly. A fenced-in backyard for children to play in can be a big benefit. Plus, a house allows the option of having pets that may not be permitted in a condo.

Not only do kids need space, so do most grown-ups. If you’re a couple, you have to determine how much time you will be spending together at home and whether or not you need quiet, private rooms. The same is true if you work from home or have a hobby that requires dedicated space.

Most condominiums have monthly maintenance fees. The money goes toward the collective upkeep and development of the property. Combine these fees with monthly mortgage payments, inusrance and taxes and you end up paying more for a condo than a house of equal value.

How your condo fees are spent is the purview of the condo board. You could find yourself subsidizing the salary of a concierge or the maintenance of a parking garage you don’t use. And what if you want to do some renovations? Yes, the condo board decides that, too.

usually, parking space is not provided in condos so you'll end up paying a couple of hundred thousand pesos more just to have a niche for your beloved automobile.

Of course, regardless of whether you buy a house or a condo, it’s important to do your homework and consider the future of the neighborhood you’re buying into. The old axiom of “location, location, location” remains true for both. Each is a significant investment, and you need to find a safe and vibrant neighborhood capable of nurturing your investment into the future.

^^^^

as i mentioned in my post, there are advantages in condo-living as well as in owning a house and lot.

...... A fenced-in backyard for children to play in can be a big benefit.....

.... Most condominiums have monthly maintenance fees. The money goes toward the collective upkeep and development of the property. Combine these fees with monthly mortgage payments, inusrance and taxes and you end up paying more for a condo than a house of equal value. ....
Some condo developments offer dedicated space for children to play.

Almost all condo developments have gym facility, and swimming pools that we
seldom see in houses and lots due to financial constraint/s.

You forget to mention that a house and lot also requires maintenance that is, more often than not, costlier.

Don't they (house and lot owners) pay mortgage, insurance, and taxes? Everybody does! :bash:

^^^^

i read my post over and over again just to make sure if i mentioned anything about house and lot owners not paying mortgage payments, insurance, and taxes but i did not... i clearly stated, "you end up paying more for a condo than a house of equal value."

and the maintenance fee i was talking about has got nothing to do with repairs within the condo unit but with the upkeep of all facilities and amenities of the entire building.

yes, most homes do not have swimming pools and gym but these facilities are being paid for by condo unit owners through their dues. it is not for free. and there are also good subdivisions that have the same amenities as these and more. and like that in condos... it is not also free.

again, i will repeat, there are advantages in condo-living as well as in owning a house and lot.

^^ Nowadays its not economical to get your own house & lot within M. Manila. Since most available units are extremely expensive and hard to find. The only good finds its either you go farther north (Bulacan), farther east (somewhere in Antipolo) or farther south (some where in Paranaque, Las Pinas).

This mean the only way to get a good dwelling inside the city is we go vertically up. By means of getting a medium rise or highrise condominium.

Another factor you should consider in choosing your future dwelling if you can withstand the travel time between your residence and your work place. Meaning spending many hours either in your car and public transport.

I have a friend who live in Cavite and Laguna and work in Makati/Ortigas. They need to be on the road around 4-5am in the morning and arrive home at around 9-10pm daily. Would you waste your time in traffic rather than spending quality time with your family?

Not to mention additional money you need to spend for gasoline, toll fee and incidental cost just to go home to your house & lot.

Just try to imagine that my friend? Would you??... :cheers:
Its so not worth it- wasting time & energy travelling to & from work.

Its so not worth it- wasting time & energy travelling to & from work.
an idea that is now being accepted by majority. there was a time that affordable House and Lot in far away places boomed. but time passes and many realized the the downside of owning H&L in remote places. sayang talaga sa oras and energy! imagine just having 6 hrs of rest/sleep/etc bacause you have to be on the road for 6-8 hrs! such a waste of time and energy!

no wonder affordable condo units (no matter how smallish they become) near places of work are starting to boom! it's a no brainer! you have to be near where you work!

BUT if you have enough money to buy a H&L within the metro, then by all means, buy one.

Hi!

I am in the stage of condo shopping. I checked out a lot of pre-selling condos in makati.

is there a condo in makati that is worth less than 4M and 40 sqm? Usually kasi its around 4.1 to 4.3M

thanks
Kung ok sa 'yo ang mid-market condo, you can combine two studio units in Beacon. One studio unit is 21 sqm and price is between P1.839M - P1.952M.
Please check also the prices of Eton Tower Makati, Lerato, Jazz and One Pacific Place

GMA inks land titling, tax info sharing laws
BusinessWorld - March 19, 2010

TWO LANDMARK LAWS -- one allowing the sharing of taxpayer information with foreign entities and another making it easier for Filipinos to secure land titles -- have been signed into law by President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo.

Approval of Republic Act 10021, or the Exchange of Information on Tax Matters Act of 2009, was prompted by the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development’s (OECD) blacklisting the country as a tax haven last year.

"It is the declared policy of the State to promote and pursue tax environment that contributes in sustaining a favorable international investment climate and instills confidence in the adequacy and capacity of the country’s tax administration to comply with its commitments under existing international conventions or agreements on tax matters," Section 2 of the new law, signed by Mrs. Arroyo last March 5, states.

It allows the Bureau of Internal Revenue chief to inquire into bank deposits and other related information held by financial institutions following a requests by a foreign tax authority.

The new law likewise allows a foreign tax authority to examine the income tax returns of taxpayers in the country.

Local authorities had previously said they could not comply with the international tax information standard given bank secrecy laws, among others.

While the Philippines was quickly put on by the OECD on a "grey" list last year after local officials committed to pass relevant laws complying with an international tax standard, France last month said the country was on its list of tax cheat-friendly states.

Mrs. Arroyo, meanwhile, also signed into law Republic Act 10023, otherwise known as the Act Authorizing the Issuance of Free Patents to Residential Lands, last March 9.
It amended Commonwealth Act 141 or the Public Land Act.

The new law states that Filipinos who occupy untitled residential lands for at least 10 years -- down from the previous requirement of 30 years -- may apply for titles.
It also makes it easier for landowners to apply for titles as they simply have to apply for one at the Department of Environment and Natural Resources without the need to hire the services of a lawyer.

Landowners, however, will only be given titles as long as the land will be used for commercial purposes.

Banks are expected to benefit from the new law as the land titles can be used as collateral to secure loans from banks.

"This will boost lending since the landowners will now have collateral for borrowing," Chamber of Thrift Banks Executive Director Suzanne I. Felix said in a text message yesterday. -- G. S. dela Peña

|

Megaworld as a developer

Hi. i just what to know your opinion about megaworld as a developer. i heard so many horror stories about megaworld. like fully paid units being repossessed because of their unability to produce the cts. many contractors complaining about megaworld not paying them for their service. i even heard a rumor that resort world is complaining kasi mahirap daw silang kausap.

Hi. i just what to know your opinion about megaworld as a developer. i heard so many horror stories about megaworld. like fully paid units being repossessed because of their unability to produce the cts. many contractors complaining about megaworld not paying them for their service. i even heard a rumor that resort world is complaining kasi mahirap daw silang kausap.
I did head some complains... But I read it only from forums.. I am not sure how true

Kung ok sa 'yo ang mid-market condo, you can combine two studio units in Beacon. One studio unit is 21 sqm and price is between P1.839M - P1.952M.
Please check also the prices of Eton Tower Makati, Lerato, Jazz and One Pacific Place
Thanks lansv. I am fine with mid-market condo. I already checked Lerato, Jazz.. expensive sila. Mga 105k plus per sq m.

Mode of Payment

Payment Plan / Mode of Payment in your purchased units or for people who are also planning to purchase their future units?
Please share some thoughts, advices, comments, reactions, suggestions or anything related to payment schemes will be appreciated.. :)

1. Cash
- Reason why you choose this payment type
- Discounted price from the TCP

2. PAGIBIG Financing
- Name of Developer & Project
- Required documents
- Location and How to process the documents
- Processing period
- Interest Rate
- Date of purchased

3. Bank Financing
- Required documents
- Processing period
- Interest Rate
- Date of purchased
- Name of Bank / Location

4. In-House Financing
- Required documents
- Processing period
- Interest Rate
- Date of purchased

Please provide Additional Tips or Guide for newbies in the real estate business. Thank you. :)

4,141 - 4,160 of 4,335 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.