daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » completed | under construction | proposed | demolished

Old February 20th, 2012, 12:23 PM   #941
mavn81

Likes (Received): 0

It's core purpose is music. Concerts and events. Its design is 100% aimed at that. Sports events will probably be incorporated at some point. The stands hold 9300, but a lot of temporary seats could be added. The floorspace is much bigger than a regular sports arena.
mavn81 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old December 11th, 2012, 09:17 AM   #942
Red85
AARRGGHH

Likes (Received): 20

Small change for the Amsterdam Arena.

5 rows of seats will be added to the grandstand on west. The gap between the stands and the pitch will be completely covered. Dugouts will be integrated in the stands, English style.

http://www.ajaxlife.nl/nieuws/detail/12598

Unknown is how much it will add to the capacity which is now 52.960. Work is to begin in very short notice and will be done before the 'Klassieker' at the 20th of januari.
Red85 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2012, 05:16 PM   #943
Leedsrule

Likes (Received): 458

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red85 View Post
Unknown is how much it will add to the capacity which is now 52.960. Work is to begin in very short notice and will be done before the 'Klassieker' at the 20th of januari.
5 rows will only add 800 or so seats.
Leedsrule no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 02:34 PM   #944
Leedsrule

Likes (Received): 458

Anyone know how high this is, it doesn't look like there's much room to stand up!?

See my latest models! http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehou...5342&scoring=m

www.morganstadia.com
Leedsrule no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2014, 11:54 AM   #945
Red85
AARRGGHH

http://www.heracles.nl/nieuws?Lang=nl-NL&newsId=8348

Summary:
The council of Almelo agreed yesterday evening on a loan to Heracles of €8.5mln for a complete renovation of its current stadium. The plan for a complete new stadium is binned because new and mass commercial activity (to finance) was expected to harm the city center.

Upgrade from 8.500 seats to 13.500 is expected to start even this summer under the most positive conditions.

Not bad if you ask me for this club.

alexandru.mircea liked this post
Old March 13th, 2014, 02:20 PM   #946
Maartendev

Likes (Received): 23

Quote:
http://www.heracles.nl/nieuws?Lang=nl-NL&newsId=8348

Summary:
The council of Almelo agreed yesterday evening on a loan to Heracles of €8.5mln for a complete renovation of its current stadium. The plan for a complete new stadium is binned because new and mass commercial activity (to finance) was expected to harm the city center.

Upgrade from 8.500 seats to 13.500 is expected to start even this summer under the most positive conditions.

Not bad if you ask me for this club.
Indeed not a bad stadium, the current stadium is not that big and i think that Heracles can fill this new stadium in the future.

At last some development in terms of stadium in the Netherlands... A lot of other countries are building new stadiums and in the Netherlands this has nearly became a standstill.
Maartendev no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2014, 01:07 AM   #947
GunnerJacket
Oh look - a doughnut!

Likes (Received): 289

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maartendev View Post
At last some development in terms of stadium in the Netherlands... A lot of other countries are building new stadiums and in the Netherlands this has nearly became a standstill.
I wouldn't fret too much about that. The stadium situation in the Netherlands seems better than that for Italy. At least in terms of top flight football. Certainly some room for improvement but all together not bad at all, I'd say.
Old March 14th, 2014, 10:19 PM   #948
Red85
AARRGGHH

And again some new development. Now at SC Cambuur Leeuwarden.

http://nos.nl/artikel/623343-steun-v...n-cambuur.html
http://www.lc.nl/friesland/regio/art...nen-convenant-

Summary:
Feasibility study started for a new stadium with the local government. Cambuur is looking for 15.000. Are playing now for a capacity crowd of 10.000 every game.

Earlier plans:

€25mln

http://www.lc.nl/friesland/regio/art...%AC25-miljoen-

alexandru.mircea, skaP187 liked this post
Old March 17th, 2014, 10:21 AM   #949
skaP187

Likes (Received): 48

Seems to look nice from the inside...
You have more presentation material?
skaP187 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2014, 10:51 AM   #950
Red85
AARRGGHH

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaP187 View Post
Seems to look nice from the inside...
You have more presentation material?
I used google and this was the only thing I could find. Exept for an older project which is even better to my opinion.
Old April 10th, 2014, 04:30 PM   #951
Red85
AARRGGHH

And another club is planning.

Source (Dutch):
http://www.nusport.nl/voetbal/374853...g-stadion.html

Summary:
Go Ahead Eagles Deventer wants to renovate expand from 8.000 to 12.000, but hasn't got the money at the moment. Want's to get a loan of €11mln from the city council.

GAE just promoted from the first division and is likely to hold its current position in the Dutch top flight. The stadium is old, very old and a the last real renovation is a long time ago.

To my opinion the stadium is one of the best in the country. English style, in the middle of a residential area, 4 lampposts, 4 stands, close to the pitch and an intimate atmosphere. A football supporters heaven, a gem for Dutch football. Only thing is, indeed it's very old and far off from today's standards. Good thing if they hold the character as it is.

Proposal renders are currently unavailable.
Old April 11th, 2014, 07:41 PM   #952
AmsterdamArenA

Likes (Received): 10

And Willem II from Tilburg:

They are up for promotion to the top league and are already thinking bigger. They wish to extend the current capacity of some 14,500 by closing the moat behind the goals.
AmsterdamArenA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2014, 10:57 PM   #953
Rev Stickleback

Likes (Received): 213

Quote:
And another club is planning.

Source (Dutch):
http://www.nusport.nl/voetbal/374853...g-stadion.html

Summary:
Go Ahead Eagles Deventer wants to renovate expand from 8.000 to 12.000, but hasn't got the money at the moment. Want's to get a loan of €11mln from the city council.

GAE just promoted from the first division and is likely to hold its current position in the Dutch top flight. The stadium is old, very old and a the last real renovation is a long time ago.

To my opinion the stadium is one of the best in the country. English style, in the middle of a residential area, 4 lampposts, 4 stands, close to the pitch and an intimate atmosphere. A football supporters heaven, a gem for Dutch football. Only thing is, indeed it's very old and far off from today's standards. Good thing if they hold the character as it is.

Proposal renders are currently unavailable.
I went there last year for a play-off semi-final v VVV and loved the place. Even the seated areas managed to retain a terrace atmosphere.

I guess the easiest would be a new main stand, as that's pretty small. The end nearest in the pic could also be replaced, as it looked to be the least popular of the other sides.
Rev Stickleback no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
amsterdam, amsterdam arena, kuip, rotterdam, stadium, stipson, twente