SkyscraperCity Forum banner

PROJECT l Eastern Bypass | Harbour Tunnel

41K views 143 replies 46 participants last post by  Peter999 
#1 ·

The Harbour Tunnel
Sund & Bælt Partner has for Realdania, Copenhagen and Copenhagen Harbour conducted preliminary investigations of an harbour tunnel in Copenhagen.

The initial studies dealing with the possibility of combining a pacification of the City with the construction of a road link between North Harbour and Amager highway, east of downtown Copenhagen. In most of the line connection will be placed in tunnels under the Copenhagen harbor. The total length of the tunnels will be approx. 12 km.

The aim of the port tunnel is also to ensure access to development areas northeast and southeast of Copenhagen without burdening the existing road network further while reducing through traffic in downtown Copenhagen, which today passes Langebro and Knippelsbro.
Havnetunnel København

See less See more
#36 ·
#37 ·
In my opinion, if we want to continue closing down roads in inner Copenhagen (which I support in the long term) we need to provide alternative ways for cars to get around and through Copenhagen. Right now central Copenhagen is a big wall blocking off the excellent areas of Amager, the airport, access to Sweden, etc.

Building the tunnel is a win-win, it makes it feasible to continue the dream of a greener, less noisy, bicycle friendly and liveable city center, while making connections between important areas and services faster.

#39 ·
^^
The tunnel under Lyon also seems to Work really well.

I do hope they will find a way of making the Refshaleøen consortium contribute to the financving of the tunnel, though, since it will increase the value of their land out there tremendously. The easiest way is probably to allow very high density but to collect a special infrastructure fee from the future residents in the same way that is done with the Nordhavn residents and their metro line. That - high density and financing - will make for another win-win solution.

#41 ·
When looking at the route of Havnetunnel I dont really see that making much sense. However if technically possible they really should integrate future M5 (current S-tog ringbane) into the tunnel to create a large circle line.

And to top it all off, integrate some huge vaccuum rubbish chutes and heating pipes into it, leading to and from Amagerforbrænding, since the tunnel will pass right underneath it anyways.

#43 ·
Does anyone know if other plans for the Nordhavns tunnel exist that do not include ramps running through Amager Fælled? Something like moving the ramps closer to the existing traffic junction at Artillerivej / Vejlands Allé and then expanding Artillerivej to accommodate the additional traffic in the direction back towards Islands Brygge. That could potentially have less of an impact on Amager Fælled and still give most of the benefits. I support the tunnel but I don't like how the it has become a choice between nature and traffic. If a compromise could be reached with lower impact on the green areas I think most people can see the benefit of such a solution.

#47 ·
I can't see any reason not to either. I can't see the interest of Copenhagen to keep it close to the city. Yes, there is some jobs and some value, but the city will gain a lot more by developing these attractive areas into housing and offices. And for the region, it will be much better to create an even stronger transportation and logistic hub around Køge.
Other proud habour cities like Rotterdam and Hamburg are also moving their habour activities further away from the city, and redevelope the areas closer to the city.

For Nordhavn it will be greater to urbanize the entire area, instead of having a lot of habour activity in the area as well. It will increase the value a lot, make the area a lot better and be much greater gain for the city.

#49 ·
As far as I can figure out moving the container terminal will free up 500.000 m2 that can be turned into 750.000 m2 of real estate at 150%. This land could be worth a few billion to By & Havn. With the Sydhavn metro agreement it became 95% owned by the Copenhagen municipality. Even if this is 10 to 20 years out, who says no to a few billions? Also the entire real estate at some 4 million m2 would surely be worth more if there was no heavy trucking adding further value to CPH. I am guessing CPH would want some equity in Køge Havn perhaps by making them part of Copenhagen Malmö Port?

#56 ·
^^
At Folkemødet, the CEO of Sampension talked about their profound interest in investing in a Harbour Tunnel. Don't be put off by the negative title of this article (which is behind a pay wall), even cycling boss Klaus Bondam was positive in the panel discussion, it was just members of the audiance that wasn't:

http://ejendomswatch.dk/secure/Ejendomsnyt/Projektudvikling/article8777467.ece

#59 ·
Jeg er ikke ekspert i ejerforholdene på refshaleøen, men alt hvad jeg har set i medierne lægger op til en model, hvor brugerne finansierer hovedparten af regningen. Jeg har bla set 20 kroner for person bil og 80 kroner for lastbil foreslået

Udvikling af Refshaleøen kan sikkert også spytte penge i kassen, om ikke andet ejerne af de grunde der eksploderer i værdi med bedre infrastruktur.

Sidst men ikke mindst tror jeg Københavns kommune kan spytte nogen mia i skidtet.

Transportministeriet lavede i sin tid et oplæg der lagde op til 0 kroner fra statskassen - hvilket også må være at foretrække så vi slipper for det værste hyleri over københavneri i diverse tråde i århus sektionen :)

#62 ·
Pengene til en forundersøgelse er blevet fundet:

Tilhængere af en kommende københavnsk havnetunnel kan godt finde det brede smil frem.

Københavns kommune og en række institutionelle investorer har fundet penge frem til at finansiere en forundersøgelse af havnetunnelen. Københavns Kommune har bevilget seks millioner kroner til forundersøgelsen, mens private investorer og staten hver er er klar med syv millioner kroner.
http://www.building-supply.dk/article/view/287117/pludselige_penge_til_tunnel#.V6nmq49OKUM

#64 ·
From the Havnetunnel group on facebook:

Uddrag af forslag til finanslov 2017.
Det er en god nyhed, vi rykker nærmere.
Som følge af regeringens forslag til finanslov for 2017 afsættes der 8 mio. kr. som et statsligt bidrag til at gennemføre en forundersøgelse af en østlig ringvej/havnetunnel i København. Forundersøgelsen forventes at koste 24 mio. kr. (2017-pl) og vil kunne gennemføres på omkring to år frem til 2018.

Det statslige bidrag afsættes med 4 mio. kr. i 2017 og 4 mio. kr. i 2018 og er under forudsætning af, at de resterende 16 mio. kr. finansieres af projektets øvrige interessen-ter. En havnetunnel i København vil blandt andet kunne binde det overordnede vejnet sammen øst om København og aflaste biltrafikken i byen.

Med Nordhavnsvej og Nordhavnstunnelen er der allerede truffet beslutning om at etablere det, der kan blive de første, mindre etaper af en østlig ringvej. Næste skridt er at gennemføre en forundersøgelse, der efterfølgende vil kunne danne grundlag for en politisk drøftelse og eventuel principbeslutning om projektet.

#66 ·
Also a White paper from Vejdirektoratet is now available. It's a lot of reading but give a good idea what this important project is up against.

Some of the worries expressed from local or sailors in the neighborhood has almost a certain amusing character like;
Roklubben Gefion, Roklubben Skjold, Roforeningen Kvik og Danske Studenters Roklub (høringssvar nr. 125) er bekymret over at læse i VVM-redegørelsen, at adgangsvejen til klubberne bliver en blindvej med vendeplads i stedet for den nuværende ensrettede sløj- fe. Denne ændring vil besværliggøre den hyppige trafik med store bådtrailere, som i nogle tilfælde er op til 20 meter lange. Hertil kommer bilens længde.
White paper

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.