search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas > Proposed

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 27th, 2017, 04:33 PM   #141
RMB2007

Likes (Received): 14728

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hughes View Post
Thanks.... that seems a very reasonable cost for quite a transformational and complex project.
Very little is known about the Riverside Stand project right now as the club ditched the previous architect, so what the capacity and cost will be for Thomas Heatherwick's design is currently anyone's guess.
RMB2007 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 27th, 2017, 05:11 PM   #142
Tom Hughes

Likes (Received): 947

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMB2007 View Post
Very little is known about the Riverside Stand project right now as the club ditched the previous architect, so what the capacity and cost will be for Thomas Heatherwick's design is currently anyone's guess.
Yes, I appreciate that. I was just interested to see what the forecast costs would be for such a development.
Tom Hughes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2017, 05:58 PM   #143
RMB2007

Quote:
Redevelopment of the Riverside Stand

The Trust asked AM for an update on the Riverside stand redevelopment and the status of the Thomas Heatherwick review commissioned by Shahid Khan. AM said that there was no significant update available at this time since the Club was still evaluating the various options presented to them by Heatherwick. AM stated that as soon as a decision had been made the Club would communicate this to the supporters. The Club also retains the planning permission it received from the London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham Council in 2012 and could also opt to revive that project.
http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum...?topic=57729.0
Old May 31st, 2017, 04:45 PM   #144
fulhamross

Likes (Received): 33

Quote:
Fulham's proposed Riverside Stand redevelopment was put on hold by Shahid Khan to maximise revenue in new stand

The club had planning permission and a team in place to start work on the stand, but Shahid Khan put it on hold to review the design of the stand

Fulham's proposed Riverside Stand redevelopment was put on hold by Shahid Khan in order to fully increase revenue from hospitality and kiosks, as well as making the design more 'iconic'.

Speaking to Construction News , Kevin Underwood, director at Buckingham Group, revealed that Mr Khan put a hold on the redevelopment of the new stand just two weeks before the company were due to start on the site in order to review the whole design.

Coming from an NFL background, Mr Khan wanted to maximise the revenue Fulham could get from hospitality and kiosks in the new stands, something that is principle to new NFL stadiums in the United States.

As a result, Mr Khan ordered a complete review of the stand which has come up with a revised proposal of the Riverside Stand.

In his chat with Construction News, Mr Underwood said: "The chairman wanted to review the whole of the design, and went to a different designer.

"I understand there’s now been a complete review, with a revised proposal that will hopefully go forward in the coming months. We were pretty disappointed that, two weeks before we were due to start on site, [Fulham owner Shahid] Khan decided he wasn’t going to proceed."

Fulham are still hoping to redevelop the Riverside Stand, but the owners are making sure that the new design fully utilises the revenue streams that hospitality and the kiosks provide to the club and hope to continue with the development as soon as possible.
Source: http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport...pment-13112644

Last edited by RMB2007; May 31st, 2017 at 06:01 PM.
fulhamross no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2017, 02:26 PM   #145
fulhamross

Likes (Received): 33

Riverside Stand update from Shad Kahns programme notes last night:

Quote:
“We are a club with ambition to grow, but to grow you must protect and never damage your roots. Here at Fulham, those roots are at our home of Craven Cottage. That’s why it was important to me when I was privileged to become your chairman in 2013 to find a way to grow all that is good about FFC while always minding our roots. And that is what we will do.

“We are currently in the process of submitting pre-application documents to the council this week which will highlight our intentions for the much-anticipated redevelopment of the Riverside Stand. This procedural measure will be followed later this year with a formal application to the local authorities, and the process will include consultation with our wonderful supporters.

“The future of the Riverside Stand and, by extension, Craven Cottage itself, has been the subject of speculation and various plans well before my arrival, maybe going back as far as 10 years. For my part, the project has always been a priority, but not at the expense of making a mistake that wouldn’t serve our club, the neighbourhood and all of London both immediately and for generations. I have admittedly been deliberate in reviewing concepts, interviewing designers and studying the economics of what will turn out to be a signature project for an entire community. I know that our supporters have hungered for information or signs of progress, and I appreciate that. But, I am confident that our approach has been the right one, and equally assured that you’ll find the wait to be worth it.

“We have engaged Populous, a worldclass architectural and design firm, to deliver a Riverside Stand project that will transcend the customary standards of football grandstands. Imagine a new Riverside Stand that will be iconic and beautiful, include riverside pubs and restaurants, event facilities, green spaces, open the river walk every day of the year and, of course, make Craven Cottage a greater destination in all of sport than it already is. It will be a spectacular venue to watch Fulham. And our home ground will blend history and the contemporary like no stadium in the land or beyond.

“It won’t be long before we’ll be sharing some of the architectural elements and designs. In the meantime, we continue with the consultation process with local authorities and look forward later this year to making a full plan submission for approval. Your CEO, Alistair Mackintosh, has my complete respect and appreciation for keeping this challenging yet rewarding project on task, and I ask that you join me in thanking him for being a champion not only for the new Riverside Stand but for all things that represent your club.

“Finally on the Riverside Stand, what the project timeline will look like upon approval of the plans will be known soon, but it’s almost certain that we anticipate playing our home matches at Craven Cottage through any construction periods. Craven Cottage, after all, is home to Fulham Football Club.” - Shahid Khan

RobH, EPA001 liked this post
fulhamross no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2017, 04:54 PM   #146
RobH

Likes (Received): 9519

So KSS via Heatherwick to Populous. I wonder if this is the terminus?
RobH está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2017, 05:40 PM   #147
RMB2007

So more dithering from Khan. In saying that, it doesn't surprise me he's opted to work with Populous, especially the endless amount of work he's given them in regards to EverBank Field.

aquamaroon liked this post

Last edited by RMB2007; September 14th, 2017 at 05:47 PM.
Old September 14th, 2017, 07:50 PM   #148
brettstaats222

Likes (Received): 53

Looks promising i like the glass facade
brettstaats222 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2017, 06:26 AM   #149
RMB2007

Quote:
Residents and Fulham FC fans urged to have their say on new Riverside Stand

The club is looking to submit planning permission for its new stadium plans by the end of the year

Public exhibitions at the stadium which will take place in October to allow fans and local residents to view the plans.

Public exhibitions are planned at Craven Cottage for fans and residents on October 12 from 2pm to 8pm and October 14 9am to 1pm, ahead of their home game with Preston North End match.
http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/news/...ulham-13662109