search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 24th, 2017, 12:31 PM   #9541
Qtya
sensational

Likes (Received): 8719

Mountains and politics thwart Romania's infrastructure plans

https://www.ft.com/content/9d312dce-...4-0ac7eb84e5f1

gogu.ca, EduardSA liked this post

Last edited by Qtya; October 2nd, 2017 at 08:26 AM.
Qtya no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 27th, 2017, 03:24 PM   #9542
rudiwien

Likes (Received): 1043

Two videos from Lot 3 Lugoj Deva, courtesy to "Construim Romania"

First one is at the western end, at https://www.google.at/maps/@45.88250...!3m1!1e3?hl=de resp http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=16/45.8861/22.4141, where they build a temporary connection to the national road, as the last part of Lot 2 is not yet even auctioned. The bridge is for the relocation of the national road, the motorway will pass underneath:

The second one at the eastern end, at the boundary to lot 4 (where the national road goes under the motorway), where they have issues with the stability of the embankment; Map location: https://www.google.at/maps/@45.94180...!3m1!1e3?hl=de and http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=16/45.9421/22.6235

---

And one more from Lot 4

sułły, gr_kanev, SRC_100 liked this post

Last edited by rudiwien; September 27th, 2017 at 11:45 PM.
rudiwien no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2017, 02:38 PM   #9543
sułły

Likes (Received): 69

A3 in Bucharest (Petricani St - Popasului St)

Credits: Asociatia Pro Infrastructura

EduardSA, Nowax liked this post

Last edited by sułły; September 28th, 2017 at 02:43 PM.
sułły no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2017, 02:54 PM   #9544
sułły

A3 in Transylvania (Cmpia Turzii - Trgu Mureş)

Note: because the Romanian Road Company is so lazy/incompetent, part of this section is still lacking construction permit, therefore construction work cannot begin there. See here.

Credits: Asociația Pro Infrastructură.

SRC_100, bleetz liked this post
Old September 30th, 2017, 04:23 PM   #9545
bogdymol
bogdymod

The Romanian road administration company has installed a few interesting signs on a short section of national road which soon will be doubled by a motorway, except for a 15 km section where there will be no motorway at least for a few years (long story, involves building some tunnels as the Environmental permit has changed etc.). The signs look like this:

Their post on facebook is here.
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog

Luki_SL, EduardSA, Shenkey, rudiwien, Kunagi and 5 others liked this post
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2017, 08:18 PM   #9546
rudiwien

I think that is a first sensible step, and common practice in other countries (also on construction sites).

But in Romania, with what I have perceived to be a real hobby to overtake in as dangerous situations as possible, it would be good if the signage is followed up with having more stretches on that road where overtaking is forbidden, coupled with actually enforcing that. Especially as DN68A in the section where the motorway will still be missing actually doesn't provide many sensible overtaking possibilities...
Old October 1st, 2017, 07:47 PM   #9547
rudiwien

One video courtesy to "Construim Romania" on A10, the southern-most lot from Sebes (junction with A1) to Alba Iulia, approx here: http://proinfrastructura.ro/proiecte...6.024/23.584/0
On this lot, the design of the interchange with the A1 (which woudl be south of where the filming starts) has been massively delayed, due to the constructor changing it. It will be difficult to catch up with that...

On A3, in the area between Targu Mures and the future interchange to A10, as a continuation of the videos posted above, on one of the eastern-most lots, courtesy to Asociația Pro Infrastructură, approximately here, between Ogra and Ungheni (Targu Mures Airport) http://proinfrastructura.ro/proiecte...6.436/24.426/0

And finally, on the very start of A3 in Bucharest, the last fee kms from the bypass road to relatively close to the city centre, approx here: http://proinfrastructura.ro/proiecte...4.502/26.179/0. Was initially promised to be finished this year, but won't be:

Le Clerk liked this post
Old October 2nd, 2017, 05:23 PM   #9548
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 11444

Contract for design+works on LOT 5 (Rasnov-Cristian) of A3 Comarnic-Brasov was signed today. Source: CNAIR

Lenght: 10 km of which 6.3 km of motorway and 3.7 km national road 2x2
Duration: 24 months
Cost: EUR 25 m
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2017, 11:05 AM   #9549
pasadia

Likes (Received): 1901

We are talking about this little segment that will serve as bypass for Rasnov & Cristian. From southern tip up until county road 112B will be build at highway standard, as part of famous Comarnic - Brasov segment (north of that should have been Transilvania Highway, Bechtel contract) and the connection road towards Brasov will be build as 2*2.
Plane terrain, short segment, but 24 months for construction.
pasadia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2017, 11:32 AM   #9550
MichiH

Likes (Received): 1942

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasadia View Post
So what? Quite normal in Western Europe and even Poland. I don't see any advantage in forcing the contractor to build it in 9..12 months and getting delays as usual.

Is there any info about the estimated opening dates of the delayed A10 sections?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
A10: Decea – Aiud 8.5km (July 2014 to October 2017) – ? – map
A10: Turda (A3) – Decea 16.8km (July 2014 to November 2017) – ? – map
A10: Aiud – Alba Iulia-North 28.7km (July 2014 to 2018) – ? – map
A10: Alba Iulia-North – Sebes (A1) 16.0km (Spring 2015 to 2018) – ? – map

I don't wanna blame anyone but it is sometimes interesting to see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicu' de garda View Post
You need to add a few more U/C motorway sections for Romania .

- A10 Aiud - Decea (lot 3 of the whole Sebes-Turda motorway) 12 12,45 km (July 2014 to April 2016 ??) - ?? - map
- A10 Decea - Turda (lot 4) 12 16,3 km (July 2014 to April 2016)- ?? - map
Quote:
Originally Posted by medicu' de garda View Post
It's been a month now since the contract for the remaining lots of A10 Sebes-Turda were signed, and recently activity has been sighted on both lots (geodesic works mostly). Even if actual earthworks haven't begun yet, I think it's safe to say that we can add two more motorway projects to the Romanian list:

- A10: Sebeș (A1)- Alba Iulia Nord (Sntimbru) 12 17 km (November 2014 - end of 2016) - map
- A10: Alba Iulia Nord (Sntimbru) - Aiud 12 24.2 km (November 2014 - end of 2016) - map

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2017, 11:42 AM   #9551
sułły

Quote:
Originally Posted by sułły View Post
A3 in Transylvania (Cmpia Turzii - Trgu Mureş)

One more, Strabag lot (~ 10 km). This one is the closest to completion.

Regarding the A3 lot near Brasov, I am very skeptical. As already mentioned, the company that's supposed to build it has like no activity, no employees ....and I guess that only if they subcontract the whole thing, would they be able to get the job done...

AlexisMD liked this post
Old October 3rd, 2017, 02:23 PM   #9552
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sułły View Post
One more, Strabag lot (~ 10 km). This one is the closest to completion.

Regarding the A3 lot near Brasov, I am very skeptical. As already mentioned, the company that's supposed to build it has like no activity, no employees ....and I guess that only if they subcontract the whole thing, would they be able to get the job done...
As if this is not standard practice for most large companies doing infrastructure works in Romania....
Old October 3rd, 2017, 02:31 PM   #9553
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
We are talking about this little segment that will serve as bypass for Rasnov & Cristian. From southern tip up until county road 112B will be build at highway standard, as part of famous Comarnic - Brasov segment (north of that should have been Transilvania Highway, Bechtel contract) and the connection road towards Brasov will be build as 2*2.
First, this is wrong (without the usual accompanying hysteria for incorrect statements).

Construction is 18 months only. 6 months is for design.

Second, I do not see how it could've been shorter than 1.5 years for construction. Some standard procedures need to be followed in all cases ...
Old October 4th, 2017, 11:52 AM   #9554
Theijs

Likes (Received): 108

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
The Romanian road administration company has installed a few interesting signs on a short section of national road which soon will be doubled by a motorway, except for a 15 km section where there will be no motorway at least for a few years (long story, involves building some tunnels as the Environmental permit has changed etc.).
Is there an official source that says that this 15 km section can not be ready until 2020?
If there isn't, is there an official source about the tenderprocedure of the respective tunnels?
I need to convince someone with official sources that the A1 won't be ready by 2018...
Theijs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2017, 08:56 PM   #9555
Karaborsa
sicak para tatlidir

Likes (Received): 2890

i dont know exactly what the progression is but if the roadstructure from hungarian border to the bulgarian border is complete it will very likely positively affect romanian economy, because what will come from middle-east, mediterrean sea will bypass serbia (as it is the only non-eu country there).

My nephew went trough Romania this year (coming from Turkey) and he said most of the roads where under contruction. So how it is now and what will it be in near future?

Mehmet Akif Ersoy
Karaborsa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2017, 09:27 AM   #9556
satanism

Likes (Received): 5330

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karaborsa View Post
i dont know exactly what the progression is but if the roadstructure from hungarian border to the bulgarian border is complete it will very likely positively affect romanian economy, because what will come from middle-east, mediterrean sea will bypass serbia (as it is the only non-eu country there).

My nephew went trough Romania this year (coming from Turkey) and he said most of the roads where under contruction. So how it is now and what will it be in near future?
Actually nothing is UC on that route...literally.It's such a slow route, that it's only good for trucks, really.To avoid customs at BG/SRB/HU borders.

Nor it will be soon.Your nephew probably went through Serbia, where in fact this is the case.
6. да управлява велосипед по площите, предназначени за движение само на пешеходци. Тази забрана не се отнася за децата велосипедисти.
satanism no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2017, 10:11 AM   #9557
JackFrost
I am from Őcsny

Likes (Received): 11037

In case Serbia joins the Schengen zone some day, the route over Romania wouldnt be preferred anyway because it will be longer towards Greece and Turkey.

However, i still would build that road, just to have an alternative.
JackFrost no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2017, 10:15 AM   #9558
pasadia

Likes (Received): 1901

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
Is there any info about the estimated opening dates of the delayed A10 sections?
For A10: Decea Aiud 8.5km works are pretty much over. Most sources indicates that an opening it is posible even this month, although unlikely because:

A10: Turda (A3) Decea 16.8km was suppose to be over in November and both of them to be open in late November / early December.
But on this site was an landslide mentioned by rudiwien on september 20 and now it is not sure that an opening this year is possible.

So those 8 kilometers near Aiud could be open this year, but without conection to the north all the way to Turda it won't make much difference. But we are expecting that in spring those two segment will be open for sure.

A10: Alba Iulia-North Sebes (A1) 16.0km still don't have all building permits. Alba Iulia north I/C was apporved recently, but for Sebes I/C with A1 there is still no building permit issued (hopefully it will be issued later this year).

Thus this segment and the other one:
A10: Aiud Alba Iulia-North 28.7km are to be open late 2018 (in official declaration) or in late 2019 (realistic estimation).

Most delays are caused by state gencies which are really slow in making necesarry steps previous of issuing building permits.

@LeClerk: yes, I admit, I made 2 mistakes in that message. North and south and that 18 /24 months. Both of them easily to be corectted. Hopefully you will admit your mistakes also.

MichiH liked this post

Last edited by pasadia; October 6th, 2017 at 09:25 AM.
pasadia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2017, 03:44 PM   #9559
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackFrost View Post
In case Serbia joins the Schengen zone some day, the route over Romania wouldnt be preferred anyway because it will be longer towards Greece and Turkey.
If you are talking about A6, that is the case indeed. And probably Serbia will join the EU before Romania even starts works on that motorway (if we consider 2020-2025 as time-frame), looking at current priorities. Actually, the fact that Serbia is joining the EU makes that alternative so much less attractive for Balkan freight traffic and thus EU financing. Even so much less attractive considering the fact that is damn money gobbling - it will be easy over EUR 3 billion because it goes over mountains again for quite a distance.

Last edited by Le Clerk; October 5th, 2017 at 03:54 PM.
Old October 5th, 2017, 03:46 PM   #9560
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
@LeClerk: yes, I admit, I made 2 mistakes in that message. North and south and that 18 /24 months. Both of them easily to be corectted. Hopefully you will admit your mistakes also.
I did not answer on that so that you admit any mistakes, only to offer correct info here.

PS: yes, I admitted mine as well, when the case.

Tags
highways, infrastructure, motorways, romania