SkyscraperCity Forum banner

[Czech Republic] Amusement Parks and Rides

19K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  cityride 
#1 ·
What amusement parks exist in Czech? I know only Prague Luna Park. Which are the most remarkable amusement rides in Czech? I know just the Ferris wheel of Prague Luna Park with 33.5 metres diametre, which may be built in the 1990ies ( It look like many transportable Ferris wheels used in Germany).
Are there also festivals for which transportable rides are built up as on German beer festivals?

#2 ·
The only thing I know is that the amusement park you mentioned (in Prague´s Stromovka park) grows into something larger every year at the end of February, when Matějská Pouť (St. Matthew´s fair) is organized. During that festival there are up to 130 attractions at the site.

I also know that there are some roller coaster installations which move around from place to place (like a circus). I remember that when I lived in a commieblock neighbourhood in Prague we sometimes had such a tiny roller coaster in the local park.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.