SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Pražské metro | Prague Metro

Tags
metro
407K views 901 replies 153 participants last post by  slecnatynka 
#1 · (Edited)
This thread is about Prague's metro (subway) current extensions.

Introduction:
The Prague Metro system is 59.3 km long with 57 stations and includes three basic lines forming a triangle in the city centre with tunnels very deep below street level.

The first section of line C (red) (north-south, 22.7 km) was opened between Sokolovská (now Florenc) and Kačerov in 1974. This line continued to Háje in the south in 1980 and crossed the Vltava river to Holešovice in 1984. Most stations have a central platform, but not Hlavní nádraží (Central Rail Station) and Vyšehrad (situated inside the motorway bridge crossing the Nusle valley). Construction of a 3.9 km line C extension from Nádraží Holešovice to Ládví began in Sept. 2000 and was completed in June 2004. The line crosses under the Vltava river and there is one intermediate station at Kobylisy. Construction of another 4.6km line C extension from Ládví to Letňany began in spring 2004 and was opened in May 2008. There are two intermediate stations, Střížkov and Prosek. Letňany is the future location of the Prague Fairgrounds.

The western branch of line A (green) (east-west, 10.9 km) (Nám. Míru-Dejvická) was opened in 1978 and until 1990 it reached its final station Skalka. Hradčanská and Staroměstská were restored in 1997/98. In May 2006, line A was extended by one station (1 km) from Skalka to Depo Hostivař, taking advantage of the tracks leading to the Hostivař depot in that location. The new terminus is served by every other train.

The newest is line B (yellow) (25.8 km). The city section between Florenc and Smíchovské nádraží opened in 1985, a first extension to the south-western suburbs in Nové Butovice opened in 1988. The line grew to the north-east (Českomoravská) in 1990, and finally in 1994 to the south-western terminus at Zličín. This section is not very deep and some station use daylight. Between Hůrka and Lužiny there is an artificial science-fiction-like bridge tunnel. The easternmost section to Černý Most opened with 3 stations on 9 Nov 1998 (Vysočanská, Rajská zahrada, Černý Most). On 15 Oct. 1999 an intermediate station was opened to the public, Hloubětín. One more station, Kolbenova was built between Vysočanská and Hloubětín, it finally opened on 8 June 2001.

Here is up-to-date map:

Mid to long term projects include 2 new lines and extensions of the existing line A:
Line D - Vysočanská - Hl. Nadraží - Nám. Míru - Pankrác - south
Line A - extension on west end from Dejvická: Červený vrch - Veleslavín - Petřiny - Motol - Bílá Hora - Dědina - Dlouhá míle - Airport Ruzyně; extension on east: new branch south from Strašnická
Line E - semicircular (Pankrác - Anděl - Hradčanská - Vltavská - Palmovka - Line D)

Section IVC2 had been opened in May 2008, VIA and VA are already confirmed

See less See more
#732 ·
Z bigtomova příspěvku jsem po pozorném čtení vydedukoval 3 skutečnosti.
Nikdy nebyl v Německu déle jak přes víkend.
Je inženýr.
Nějaký MBA kravaťák zpochybnil jeho germánskou mentalitu, pročež bigtom vyhlásil nesmiřitelnou válku manažerské třídě jako celku.

Z celého jinak velmi logicky nesoudržného celku se dovolím zeptat se na ten fotbal(nemohl jsem odolat, asi mám hold tu zkaženou českou mentalitu:lol:) V německé bundeslize je průměrná návštěvnost přes 30 000 diváků na zápas, v české lize jsou to možná tak 3000. Znamená to tedy, že v Německu má desetkrát více lidí pokroucený žebříček hodnot, nebo je pro to jiné vysvětlení?

Jo a ještě mi nedají ti inženýři:) Ještě že jsem nešel studovat na lékaře, biologa nebo dokonce na filosofii, to bych se ani nemohl podívat na sebe do zrcadla.

#735 · (Edited)
inundační šachtička;104938221 said:
Z bigtomova příspěvku jsem po pozorném čtení vydedukoval 3 skutečnosti.
Nikdy nebyl v Německu déle jak přes víkend.
Dedukce selhala :). V Německu jsem pracoval v různých firmách 2 roky. Nedá se vůbec srovnávat, jak lidé přistupují v práci tam, a jak lidé přistupovali v Praze, kde jsem pracoval skoro 4 roky.
Je to samozřejmě zobecňované, ale v průměru to tak bylo. Nařčení z nacismu je tedy poněkud úsměvné. Zvlášť když v podstatě říkám totéž, co analýzy DNA, že my, co se nazýváme Slovany, máme stejný genetický profil, jak Němci. Zvlášť Němci v kanclu ze mě měli radost, když jsem je na tento výzkum upozornil :). O německém fotbalu nevím, protože mě takové věci nezajímají. Ale v německé kanceláři se ve volných chvílích nediskutovalo o fotbale o pivu tolik jako v Praze. V Anglii naopak o ničem jiném nemluvili. Jen jeden kolega přihodil téma vlastního rozvodu. Jenže rozdíl je, že Němci i Angličané si to mohou dovolit. Zemi mají rozvinutou. Myslím to tak, že český člověk by místo na fotbal a pivo měl vyrazit do Městské knihovny a zlepšit si kvalifikaci. Učení také podporuje analytické myšlení. Tyto věci prostě v kancelářské práci dělají rozdíl, a ne že ne...

Otázka, vy si myslíte, že důvod, proč se v ČR za posledních 20 let v porovnání s jinými původně zaostalými zeměmi zase tolik nezlepšilo, leží v něčem jiném, než šlendriánu části z nás? Korupce je jen výmysl? Ten "MBA kravaták", ať už má MBA nebo ne, je snad v každé větší české firmě, a cítí se důležitější než všichni inženýři. A plat mu v tom dává zapravdu. Zatímco běžný inženýr/doktor/vědec si to nechá líbit, nebo to považuje za normální. Ale našla se výjimka. Jeden můj kolega, na kterém stála podstatná část firmy, bral dvakrát tolik, co jeho manažer. Ten to dost těžce nesl...

Já a inženýr - trefa vzděláním, netrefa prací. V práci kravaťák :). Vzdělání na nejstarší technice Evropy sice výborně připraví na inženýrské problémy, ale nestačí na vybudování zdravého sebevědomí a prezentačních dovedností. Kéž by nám tehdy na škole někdo řekl, že žádného "MBA kravaťáka" vlastně nepotřebujeme, protože spoustě problémů stejně nerozumí, a dali nám pár kurzů managementu....

#738 ·
I came here to say I agree with most of what bigtom said. There are some serious cultural issues in Czech republic that have been holding the country back and will continue to hold it back for the foreseeable future. The country has a skilled workforce and decent work habits but there is also too much backstabbing and corruption. The true scope of this will of course not be apparent to people growing up and living there, but for me it is clear as day. Originally I left over 25 years ago but do maintain strong ties and find myself back there more often than not. I even tried living there relatively recently but could not manage it for long because what bigtom mentioned was too apparent and incredibly irritating, and to be honest disappointing. I do see some positive signs in the newer generations though.

Ultimately my point is there is a huge amount of waste right now, the country could be accomplishing so much more if only the people had more solidarity and national pride (i.e. wanting their fellow citizens to prosper as much as wanting them selves to prosper). I do believe things will get better though, with time. *I did live in Brasil for a bit recently and I will say things can also be much worse...just to give some perspective. /my two cents

#739 ·
Hello guys! :)

I just came back from a trip to Prague, and of course I've extensively tested the metro. By travelling on the metro I noticed that the station Národní třída has been partially demolished and is currently closed to the public transit for rebuilding. Together with the renewed station a new residential centre will be build as well. Do you have links to websites where I can found more informations about the project, some renderings and such?

These are the only things I found so far...

Of course I understand nothing of what is said in the video, except for some words here and there. :)

Found a link from praha.eu as well:

http://www.praha.eu/jnp/en/transport/narodni_trida_station_closure.html

#741 ·
Guys, do you know what was the cost of the refurbishment of the old soviet metro trainsets? I can't find any information related to that on the web... :( I know the project was awarded to Skoda, but I would like to know how much was the price of the refurbishment of one train(metro)car, and a train-set. Please help me out here. If you just link the source here it would be perfecly enough for me even if it was in Czech. Thank You!

#742 ·
The cost should be slightly more than 100 mln CZK, or half of the price of a new trainset. (Source). I didn't manage to find anything more specific.

BTW, the public transport department is negotiating with a developer about another temporary metro station closure. This time it's Invalidovna, and it should be closed for a year.

#744 ·
Radio Prague news 9.10.13
City Hall approves plan to build fourth metro line

Prague councillors have approved a plan to build a new “D” line on the city’s metro system. The first part of the line, from Pankrác station to a depot in Písnice, will be 10 kilometres in length. The project will cost just under CZK 25 billion, which City Hall hopes to obtain from EU funds. It is unlikely to be completed before 2022. Construction work is currently underway to extend the A line from Dejvická station to Motol; the new stretch should open next year.
One day they say DPP is bankrupt and now they announce this! If they can get EU funding for this why couldn't they get EU funding to buy Skoda 15Ts? Budapest is getting nearly 100% EU funding for new trams.

#752 ·
My na to ale máme...

Za stavbu metra padla největší pokuta v historii EU

Praha - Dopravní podnik hlavního města Prahy porušil jako investor stavby pražského metra zákon o veřejných zakázkách a dostal za to pokutu 4,2 miliardy. S definitivní platností mu ji udělilo ministerstvo dopravy, které je za evropské dopravní dotace odpovědné.
http://aktualne.centrum.cz/domaci/kauzy/clanek.phtml?id=794544

#753 ·
"Dopravní podnik hlavního města Prahy porušil..."
Tohle mi pije krev. Prdlajs, někdo to rozhodl, podepsal atd., DP má nějaké řídící orgány, sedí v nich nějací lidé, ti jsou odpovědní. Já způsobit firmě i naprosto zlomkovou škodu, tak se mnou vyběhnou tak rychle, že se zastavím až na orbitu. Tady se zas bude krčit rameny a všichni se budou tvářit, že jako smůla, ale vlastně jinak všechno v pořádku. :nuts:

#754 ·
Hello guys!

I congratulate you on the thread and I hope to have some information about the planned and under construction metro line.
Specifically I would like to know what is the updated cost for the construction of the line A extension and if this has changed compared to the initial estimates.
I also wanted to know the planning level of the line D and what is the expected cost.

thanks in advance :)

#761 ·
if you dont mind, how comes you are interested in this extension or Prague metro network? This extension is unwelcome by a good part of the population, because it draws away money for much more needed D line, it brings the metro away from the airport, because there is a sharp curve to the south, while the aiport will need another sharp curve to the north, and finally the end station, the biggest hospital in the country and one of the worlds top cardio centers will be served by this line, causing reduction of the bus lines from the southwest quadrant of the city. The line brings people from the east. There is no other hospital in the whole southwest quadrant, therefore for all those people the commuting time will increase significantly.

#762 · (Edited)
^^ Well... Being a metro enthusiast (like everyone in this forum I suppose) I obviously enjoy to look at the works of all the metros which are currently under construction in the world, regardless of in which city are. I don't see anything wrong with that. But I will also tell you that because last year I spent my holidays in Prague and used the metro a lot I like to know how is going with the development of its transport network. :) The more the infos, the better.

I am aware that D line is more needed, but sooner or later wouldn't have the city of Prague extended the line A, too? Dejvická never looked like a definitive terminus to me, one day or another the A would have been extended in the direction of the airport.

Talking about the design of the route of this extension: so, should we really consider this one totally wrong? Do the population think a route straight to the airport, without curves, would have been better? And in this case, really such that big hospital would have been better served by buses instead of a metro? Just asking, I know Prague but not well enough to know if a particular metro route design could be better than another. :)

#763 ·
There used to be a dream to serve the hospitals by a new line G. Remais of the dream could be found here. This would have made much more sense, but now it is quite unreal.
http://metroweb.cz/metro/metro-rozvoj3.gif
I think that most population would think that the current solution with curves is wrong. The curve even got a nickname based on the name of the mayor who decided it.
I think the hospital will be serverd eventually by busses anyway, because people will force the polititians to keep the bus lines open. I would say at least 50 % by busses...

#764 · (Edited)
Oh yes I know metroweb.cz, it's a very informative site. Though looking at the hosted maps I've always been clear that that "G line" was just a fiction exercise and will never be created... Realistically we can expect to see only

http://metroweb.cz/metro/metro-rozvoj.gif

between 35-40 years. Probably more.

I think the hospital will be serverd eventually by busses anyway, because people will force the polititians to keep the bus lines open. I would say at least 50 % by busses...
Exactly what I was thinking as well, I believe some bus lines will remain opened, imho although we should never trust politicians too much there is no reason to think that they will be all closed. Here in Rome we are about to open our third metro line in three months, but bus lines along the metro route will remain as they are for now; later, as the metro will advance, a few lines will probably be modified, but not eliminated altogether.

Well let's hope that works for Line D can begin soon, and that the A can find its way to the airport too.

#768 ·
I'm wondering if any of my Czech friends here can help. My late father-in-law as an engineer was a designer of line C of the Prague metro. We are going through some old papers wondering whether to throw out and there is a folder of reports from 1964-65 on other metro tunnels around Europe obviously prepared to compare specifications, techniques, boring technology etc. The documents are all in Czech and there are photocopies of diagrams of tunnel bores etc. The countries surveyed include Austria, USSR, Germany, Switzerland, UK, Hungary, France.

The documents are typed - it's a bit hard to tell if they are original or carbon copies. If the latter then presumably there may be originals in an archive in Czech Republic. If originals, I'm not sure if maybe my FIL was the author and has taken them with him.

So my question is whether these are likely to be of interest to some collection in Czech Republic or whether the originals may in fact be already kept in archives there.