SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Dálnice | Motorways

280K views 700 replies 114 participants last post by  showyourname 
#1 · (Edited)
Thread appointed to discuss and show motorways (dálnice) and expressways (rychlostní silnice) in entire Czechia

Motorways: 1007 km planned length; 649 km + 20 km (half profile) in operation; 67 km u/c

Expressways: 1150 km planned length; 419 km + 38 km (half profile) in operation; 27 km u/c

<2007>
newly opened: 24,0 km of motorways; 25,9 km of expressways
construction start: 65,8 km of motorways; 50,7 km of expressways

<2008>
newly opened: 40,2 km + 29,8 km (half profile) of motorways; 27,3 km of expressways
construction start: 71,9 km of motorways; 150,2 km of expressways

<2009>
newly opened: 47,7 km of motorways; 36,4 km of expressways
construction start: 96,2 km of motorways; 123,3 km of expressways

<2010>
newly opened: 33,1 km of motorways; 125,6 km of expressways
construction start: 64,5 km + 12,9 km (half profile) of motorways; 131,3 km of expressways

<2011>
newly opened: 16,1 km of motorways; 84,5 km of expressways
construction start: 7,9 km of motorways; 48,9 km of expressways

<2012>
newly opened: 72,2 km of motorways; 76,9 km of expressways
construction start: 9,7 km of motorways; 29,8 km of expressways

<2013>
newly opened: 85,1 km + 6,3 km (extension profile) of motorways; 83,9 km of expressways
construction start: 6,4 km of motorways; 33,1 km of expressways

<2014>
newly opened: 40,4 km + 6,6 km (extension profile) of motorways; 99,2 km of expressways

<2015>
newly opened: 9,7 km (extension profile) of motorways; 102,2 km of expressways

Previous thread about Czech Higways

See less See more
#3 ·
So this year and again 2008 and 2009 are the highlists of the highway construction. in 2009 impressive number of more than 100 km of new opened sections :cheers:

And, also the expressway between Zilina and Ostrava seem to be more and more realistic. On www.dialnice.info is an article,where Czech Ministry of Transport expressed the will to plan and construct expressway /Jablunkov bypass is already U/C,but I am not sure, whether it´s expressway/ :)

#5 ·
Timoth12 said:
So this year and again 2008 and 2009 are the highlists of the highway construction. in 2009 impressive number of more than 100 km of new opened sections :cheers:

And, also the expressway between Zilina and Ostrava seem to be more and more realistic. On www.dialnice.info is an article,where Czech Ministry of Transport expressed the will to plan and construct expressway /Jablunkov bypass is already U/C,but I am not sure, whether it´s expressway/ :)
Yes, I've read it yesterday in newspaper Pravda, here is link:
http://www.tvojepeniaze.sk/cesi-chcu-dialnicu-do-ziliny-d1n-/sk_pludia.asp?c=A060908_163617_sk_pludia_p01

#6 ·
Yes, just for the information to the others - little off topic: Pravda is now owned by British newspaper company. ;)

And I am also curious, what will be the priority besides ongoing construction, whether complete 3x3 additional one lane construction of D1 Praha-Brno, or the new construction of R35 expressway.

#8 ·
Pravda newspaper sources have been not very reliable before - because of the past. My purpose was just to underline the reliability of the information you provided a link to. Well, as these information are really off topic, I suggest to turn back to the thread topic - Czech highways.

#9 ·
I don't know if there's any value of this post :D but still... I think it's a pity to see how few 'cool' roads there are in Czech Republic if you look at many maps, especially those with a scale of let's say 1:3,000,000 (like maps of Europe), considering that especially in CZ the (at least) 4-lane expressways (rychlostní silnice) are almost as good as the motorways (dálnice), even with the same speed limit (130 km/h) and hard shoulders, if I'm right.

#12 ·
Usually? I don't know, where? IMO expressways are marked as thin motorways usually. True is that there are only little differences between Motorway and Expressway.

#14 ·
I must admit you are right. That's problem of the map (or creator of the map), it doesn't offer exact information to its users. But what is important for us here in Czechia is we know that these expressways exist, they are marked on our maps and we can drive our cars on them :D

#17 ·
#19 ·
Ano, poslední 3,5km dálnice D5. A bude tam vůbec první tunel na dálnici u nás (dlouhý plných 350 m :) )
tady je foto ze září

...a ze dne otevřených dveří tento víkend

Bohužel mám teď málo času na updaty, docela bych uvítal kdyby se tu objevil někdo od nás a trochu s tím pohnul. Já sem budu chodit jak budu moct, ale už to bude z mé strany asi chudší. Naštěstí tohle fórum žije a to hlavně díky Slovensku a Bratislavě :)

#20 ·
Yesterday last 3.5km of total 151 km long D5 motorway (Prague-Pilsen-D/CZ border-Nürnberg) together with german A6 from border to A93 had been opened so since now the czech motorway network is connected with germans one and whole western europe as well.
380m long "Valík" tunnel is included on D5.

Motorway police centre for Valík tunnel

Dynamic weighing machine

#21 ·
On the 31st October, new 6,9km section of R48 expressway in Northern Moravia was opened. It's part from Dobrá to Tašanovice. Remaining part to Czech-Polish borders in legth 5.2km should be opened next year.

photos made in October

August 2006

#22 · (Edited)
Photos of 24km long section of D8 motorway [Prague-CZ/D-(Dresden)] from Ústí nad Labem to CZ/D borders, which will be opened this December.

previous photos here http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpost.php?p=9905480&postcount=4

photos made on the 31st October

Flyover bridge Knínice (1070m) before Libouchec tunnel

Libouchec tunnel (500m)

Panenská tunnel (2010m)

one of bridges

Border bridge (410m, 56m above ground level)