SkyscraperCity Forum banner

[Ostrava] Transportation

50K views 59 replies 21 participants last post by  Gintaras 
#1 ·
Hi!!
I'm looking for infos about infrastructure projects in Ostrava and around.
Tram lines upgrade and renovation, railway line and stations upgrade. New trams, trolleybuses and buses deliveries, road reconstruction projects etc.
I know that you have some Solaris buses and trolleybuses. Is there more going to be delivered?
How about new trams? Are you going to have just Czech models or is there something else coming?

#2 ·
Train station Ostrava-Svinov :)

#3 ·
Ashamed to say but I don't know much about public transport in my homecity... Ostrava is quite large considering number of citizens and unfortunately there are in fact 3 city centers - Moravska Ostrava, Poruba, Ostrava-Jih, which are separated by wide industrial area and river. This is making the public transport annoying and slow.

I took a bus twice last year when my car was "sick". Vehicles are OK but the price is not competitive.

This map is showing the development that I'm most interested in:
- Rudna extension (blue line leftmost), connecting current stretches of the road 11. Ground work is ongoing.
- D1 highway (heading to south) which is scheduled to open this year
- R56 extension (connecting to D1 - top blue line), which is divided into 2 stages, 1st is to be started this year
- "Severni spoj" between Poruba-D1-Marianske hory. Part is U/C right now but I don't know the complete status

#5 ·
^^ I noticed the same, but still it is better than the "modern" station building in Bratislava in front of the old one. But our station will be reconstructed completely. And also, this one in Ostrava does not look so bad.

#7 ·
I like this glass extension.

Thanks for news about road projects.

How about tram lines? Do they buy more modern trams?
I was watching pictures of Ostrava on different websites, I also watched some movies on YouTube and most vehicles look kind of old.
How about tracks itself? Many Polish cities modernizing them for EU money.

Anyway I'm going to see it myself. I'm visiting hometown in March so I'm going to pop in to Ostrava.

But any news about infrastructure are welcome.

And final question is why so few people write about Ostrava? Cities of similar size in Poland or Slovakia (Bratislava) have dozen of threads with many forumers. Are citizens of Ostrava not interested about development?

I hope to read more often about neighbouring metropolis;)

#9 ·
I was on DPO website.
There are information about current flet of buses, trams, and trolleys.
From what I remember most of buses are not low floor. Also number of new trams is not wery high.
I couldn't find any information about new fleet coming soon. Are there any buys in progress?
There are also no info about track renowation.
Is DPO responsible for tracks and vehicles or just for fleet? In some polish cities tracks are maintained by road department in city hall while buses and trams are run by separate organizations.
How does it work in Ostrava? And where I can find more infos about current constructions and coming public transport projects?

One more qustion.
If I take train from Cesky Tesin where shoud I get off? Should I go all the way to main railway station or should I get off somwhere on a way, like Vitkovice, Svinov or somwhere else? And if I get off on main railway station how long does it take to walk to center?

#10 ·
As I know only some of vehicles are low-floor since they're quite expensive to purchase but there is enough of them to cover the network. I can see low-floors often - trams, buses, trolleys. However DPO prefers to refurbish old vehicles because of cost savings. Try to google for more info.

I have never traveled by train from Tesin... generaly there are 4 main stations in Ostrava - Svinov, Main station, Vitkovice and Stred. Most people prefer to use Svinov when traveling to Prague, because it have been rebuilt recently and is easy to access for domestics. Main station is quite close to the city center but is old and ugly. Vitkovice is suitable for those living on the south but only few trains is heading there (but you may go through when going from Tesin). Stred is a small station in the city center... fine when traveling to the mountains.

#18 ·
CD have not been privatized yet. Recently they've split into several companies operating passenger service, cargo and track maintanance separately. Actualy there is no private railway operator (correct me if I'm wrong) but one is on the way (Student Agency). All the track investments is funded by government.

And I have no idea whether they're making profit or lost... profit would surprise me a lot.

#19 ·
^^ Thx. Well, Student Agency will certainly make profit. They gonna be really popular offering those low prices. I'm planning to use that agency regularly. I've just checked their prices this morning, and they are surprisingly cheap.

#21 ·
^^ I guess they will rent them. If they plan to operate international railway lines too, it can even be profitable. But you're right, paying the rent and maintenance costs and railway-usage fee gonna be pretty high for a relatively small company. Nevertheless, the bus branch won't go bankrupt for a while, it has a great future providing lower prices than lowcost airlines.

#27 ·
Here is link to thread which I started some time ago about Ostrava airport.
It is part of transportation so we should write about in this thread.
How can I close the old one?
By the way any new connections coming to Ostrava?
Especially from UK? ;)

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=542503

#28 ·
On Czech railway forum I've seen City Elephant train sets.
Do I have a chance to get them from Cesky Tesin to Ostrava?
From railway timetable I see there are two connections.
Via Havirov and via Bohumin. Do you know on which connection I'm more likely to get City Elephant?
I really want to check these trains ;)

#38 · (Edited)
Honza, Y236k:

Nemáte někdo nějakou mapku či vizualizaci, jak bude vypadat Přívoz a Fifejdy až se dokončí přivaděč k dálnici od Mariánkohorské a okolí? Poněvadž se bude hodně bourat a kdoví co stavět. Třeba jestli se nezmění trolejbusové vedení a takové ty věci mě zajímají :). Ne že bych byl líný se k tomu prosurfovat sám, ale jsem :D.

Kappa21:

Population ranking of Czech cities, TOP 50:

01. Praha 1,218,600
02. Brno 368,900
03. Ostrava 317,100
04. Plzeň 165,200
05. Liberec 104,100
06. Olomouc 102,300
07. Ústí nad Labem 98,700
08. Hradec Králové 96,200
09. České Budějovice 96,100
10. Pardubice 90,500
11. Havířov 84,200
12. Zlín 79,400
13. Kladno 71,700
14. Most 67,200
15. Karviná 64,300
16. Frýdek-Místek 60,200
17. Opava 60,200
18. Karlovy Vary 53,700
19. Teplice 53,600
20. Děčín 53,000
21. Jihlava 51,100
22. Chomutov 50,800
23. Prostějov 47,700
24. Přerov 47,300
25. Jablonec nad Nisou 46,300
26. Mladá Boleslav 45,800
27. Třebíč 38,700
28. Třinec 38,100
29. Česká Lípa 38,100
30. Tábor 36,200
31. Příbram 35,900
32. Znojmo 35,200
33. Orlová 34,900
34. Cheb 33,500
35. Trutnov 31,900
36. Kolín 30,800
37. Písek 29,900
38. Šumperk 29,500
39. Kroměříž 29,100
40. Vsetín 28,000
41. Nový Jičín 27,700
42. Litvínov 27,400
43. Valašské Meziříčí 27,300
44. Hodonín 26,400
45. Uherské Hradiště 26,300
46. Český Těšín 26,200
47. Krnov 25,600
48. Litoměřice 25,500
49. Břeclav 25,500
50. Sokolov 24,800

#39 ·
Honza, Y236k:

Nemáte někdo nějakou mapku či vizualizaci, jak bude vypadat Přívoz a Fifejdy až se dokončí přivaděč k dálnici od Mariánkohorské a okolí? Poněvadž se bude hodně bourat a kdoví co stavět. Třeba jestli se nezmění trolejbusové vedení a takové ty věci mě zajímají :). Ne že bych byl líný se k tomu prosurfovat sám, ale jsem :D.
Ja jsem liny nebyl, a presto jsem zadne vizualizace nenasel ani drive, ani ted.

Neco je tady: http://www.vpupraha.cz/pdf/prodlouzena_mistecka.pdf
A jinak doporucuju mapovy server MMO s uzemnim planem: http://gisova.ostrava.cz/webmaps/mapaup/viewer.htm

Obavam se, ze s vizualizacemi se nikdo nenamahal.

#40 ·
Na rsd.cz je uvedeno docela hodně staveb v Ostravě a v okolí v přípravě a před zahájením.

PDF I/11 Ostrava Rudná - hranice okresu Ostrava Opava
S22,5/100 a S24,5/100 výstavba 2/2009 - 3/2012

PDF I/11 hranice okresu - Mokré Lazce,
S 22,5/80 výstavba 8/2008 - 3/2012

PDF I/67 Skřečoň - Bohumín (obchvat)
S9,5/50 a S11,5/80 výstavba 12/2008 - 6/2010

PDF I/56 Ostrava, prodloužená Místecká I. a II. stavba
MR24,5/80 výstavba 4/2008 - 11/2010

PDF I/11 Hrádek průtah
S11,5/80 s rezervou na rozšíření, výstavba 8/2008 - 8/2011

PDF I/11 a I/56 propojení silnic v Opavě
S11,5/80 výstavba 4/2008 - 2/2010

Jen bych si dovolil komentář - a na jižní moravě zas h*vno

#41 ·
Silnice 11 mela byt ve 4 pruhovem usporadani hotova uz pred 20 lety, jet na Opavu ve spicce je o hubu a o nervy. Minuly tyden jsem jel z Ostravy do Krnova, coz je nejakych 55 km, hodinu a pul. Doufam taky, ze nekdy dojde na planovane rozsireni ul. Rudne v useku mezi krizovatkami se silnicemi 58 a 56, protoze prujezd temito misty je taktez mimoradnym motoristickym zazitkem.

R67 je IMHO v soucasnosti zbytecna...

Edit: a jeste jsem si vzpomel... v priprave je obchvat Pribora (I/58), Skotnic a Mosnova, melo by snad zacit stavet letos nebo pristi rok.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.