SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Where do you live?

Odkud jste? Where do you come from?

86K views 139 replies 69 participants last post by  bratislav 
#1 · (Edited)
So where do you live, that's the question...
If you don't live in Czech Rep but have some special interest or relationship with our country, you can write something about it here :)

P.S. Pokud jste z Karlovarského kraje, zaškrtněte prosím variantu Plzeň, případně Ústí nad Labem (podle osobních preferencí). Děkuji ;)

#137 ·
in English there's an old saying about "telling war stories" - it is more probable than not that the good doctor 'embellished' things.

I've hit a bit a dead end - I suspect Pirasba is a mutilated phonetic of possibly an unrecognized place. his schooling in Neutitschein could easily have been at an Internat and not necessarily near his place of birth.

I had hoped to find more history on Dr. Wencke - he was quite chatty and possibly had more published, but I haven't found anything, yet.

thanks for your interest and help!

#138 ·
Hi everyone. I've been living in Brno for 3.5 years, and I'm originally coming from Skopje, Macedonia.
I'm a huge fan of transport, infrastructure and architecture, and I'm excited about the ongoing and planned projects for Brno. Hopefully my Czech will improve in time so I can participate in some discussions on the threads :D

#139 ·
I am originally from Sweden, and I have visited almost every European country. I moved to Praha three years ago to be with my girlfriend at the time. After the breakup, I decided to stay - I fell in love with this country, the culture, the safety, the food, and the healthcare! Czechs should realize what a great country they were born in and live in 😄

I often hear people say, "if I were younger or if I had money, I would travel abroad," yet they have no idea how it works everywhere else in Europe. Recently I was talking to a middle-aged lady about Sweden, and she started telling me how safe and great the country is 😂 It looks like she got stuck in time because Sweden is no longer the Sweden it used to be.

If there are any Swedes in Prague, let me know. We can go for a coffee or play darts!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.