SkyscraperCity Forum banner
41 - 60 of 5,474 Posts
Discussion starter · #42 ·
Nothing really spectacular for me with regards to Greenbelt. The first time I was there was in 2003 and the last time was a few months ago. For me it's just an oversized high end mall with a garden in the middle part,hehe..

I've never been to Trinoma but from your description it seems to be an "architectural deviation" from the usual and we should have more of this kind of innovation -- and not the usual concrete mall that I'm used to.

that's why i was referring to trinoma landscaping (referring to the rooftop garden), not the "boxy" building itself (which isn't bad, compared to sm north edsa's box). but i'll take trinoma's architecture anytime than ayala center cebu's boring annex.

in the context of philippine landscaping standards, trinoma's rooftop garden is impressive, considering it's built on the rooftop: cascading water beside the stairs, a kiosk-like starbucks in the middle, the endless sound of flowing water, a nice view of quezon city (if you look beyond a squatter's colony, which will soon be relocated).

i just hope the ayala lagoon project is up to standard, especially the finishing. none of us want to be disappointed by having high expectations, do we? that is why i refrained from comparing it to greenbelt, which is way up there. we have yet to see the finished product. until then, let's have our fingers crossed. renderings and rumors aren't the best basis of how good a project is, and good track record is only as good as the last project. ;)

but yes, i support the ayala lagoon project all the way :cheers:

Discussion starter · #46 ·
^^

Grabe ang malls sa ato noh? in some 1st world countries malls are not one of the main attractions sa city when it comes to commercial centers, hehe..

^^ big possibility bai @nold... i'm sure this project (proposal) from Filinvest will have the best ambiance (better than Boardwalk Mall) ...i can imagine all shops facing the Mactan Channel with a very nice promenade...

^^
hehe is this for real? i thought you guys were referring to the effect from the smokebelchers outside :D

41 - 60 of 5,474 Posts