SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Ayala Center Cebú Redevelopment [com|app]

1M views 5K replies 324 participants last post by  blazinfire 
#1 ·
Ayala phase 2 expansion to kick off next year
The Freeman
Friday, December 28, 2007

After the completion of the lagoon development of Ayala Center Cebu, which is expected by March or April, Cebu Holdings Inc. (CHI) will kick off another expansion plan of the shopping mall area pursuing the original plan of developing the Cebu Business Park’s (CBP) 9.6 hectare super block.

In an interview with CHI president and chief executive officer (CEO) Francis O. Monera, he said that the Phase 2-B project .will be pursued by the company next year, starting with a study on how to develop a concept for another shopping mall expansion

CHI is going to finish its P850 million expansion project of Ayala Center including the completion of the Ayala Center expansion building, and the transformation of its lagoon area to a chic Food and Beverage (F&B) strip.

According to Monera, details of the upcoming expansion will be determined after the design study will be finished.

This means that after the face lift of Ayala Center Cebu with the opening of its new expansion building in the middle of this year, and the unveiling of re-designed al fresco lagoon area, a more expanded shopping mall will be seen by Cebuanos in the next few years.

The Ayala Center Cebu, which is the crown jewel of the 50-hectare Cebu Business Park (CBP), has occupied only 3.5 hectares of the CBP super block, excluding the lagoon redevelopment.

With this, CHI still has ample of remaining lots to be development in the super block area to maximize the entire 9.6 hectares.

“The whole super-block is under review and is subject to design study. The study will start next year,” Monera said.

The P600 million lagoon redevelopment project will have a total leasable area of 8,6000 square meters, about 70 percent of these leaseable areas are already reserved by new tenants, Monera said.

In 2006, Ayala Center Cebu contributed a total revenue of P398 million to CHI. While Ayala Food and Entertainment Center (AFEC), together with its theater operations under the company’s wholly-owned subsidiary, Cebu Leisure Company, Inc. (CLCI) reported a P100 million contribution to CHI’s total revenue in 2006.

The year 2006 was the most celebrated year for CHI, as it raked a one billion peso mark in revenue, with 76 percent increase of its income, a 10-year high in the company’s book history. – Ehda M. Dagooc

See less See more
#89 ·
wow ang ganda magkahiwig sa Greenbelt
eheheheh..Greenbelt na Greenbelt! astig! :eek:kay:

photos by joseph lim of CHI
pero mas astig eto...I love this scene...I can only imagine pagtapos na sya...weeeeeee.....it looks exactly like Greenbelt but this scene (Leisure Oasis) is more appealing than the latter (Gbelt), imo. :eek:kay: love it!

#95 ·
my friends are dismayed about ayala cebu's new wing, they say SMs northing wing is way better! i told them to wait for this expansion! i hope they will put lots and lots of greens...

any news about establishments going to occupy that soon to be finished portion? im sure high end!

#96 ·
my friends are dismayed about ayala cebu's new wing, they say SMs northing wing is way better! i told them to wait for this expansion! i hope they will put lots and lots of greens...

any news about establishments going to occupy that soon to be finished portion? im sure high end!
Agree. Medyo alanganin ang expansion wing. Hehe.

#98 ·
^^i think that annex is ok. it's just that it's not big. it's probably an urgent expansion. it's not even part of their phase 2 just like the leisure oasis.