daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls

Supertalls Discussions of projects under construction at least 300m/1,000 ft tall.
» Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 31st, 2014, 10:37 PM   #801
SkYsCrApEr2013
AnYtHiNg CaN bE rEaLiTy

Likes (Received): 1051

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneGuy View Post
Long post is long
Obvious comment is obvious

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and

MY FIRST ANNIVERSARY ON SKYSCRAPERCITY

onewtclover liked this post
SkYsCrApEr2013 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old January 1st, 2015, 01:18 AM   #802
Naif Saudi

Likes (Received): 5525

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleh93 View Post
Just wooow

︷︸

hqho1671, captain-gin, oscillation liked this post
Naif Saudi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2015, 08:25 PM   #803
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Likes (Received): 29257

Another day in the Kingdom by Faisal Bin Zarah, on Flickr

desertpunk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2015, 04:10 PM   #804
K.S.A
Kingdom tower lover

Likes (Received): 2534

RIYADH | Capital Market Authority Headquarters | 385m | 1263ft | 77 fl | Com

K.S.A no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2015, 02:52 AM   #805
ThatOneGuy
Run Like Hell

Likes (Received): 14127

There's still a crane on top and pieces of the brise-soleil missing

pteranodon liked this post
ThatOneGuy está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2015, 04:46 PM   #806
ibib

Likes (Received): 2826

Riyadh Skyline by Bakar_88, on Flickr
Old January 23rd, 2015, 06:44 PM   #807
Faisal Shourov
Bleach lover

Likes (Received): 3654

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indica View Post
LA is actually considered desert too (all the way to the beach even), although its truly mixed in the LA basin. When you travel east past the mountains, and get to the REAL deserts surrounding LA, it doesnt look much different - lots of sand dunes, except we have a lot of valleys created by the mountain ranges here.. Panamint Valley, where Death Valley is located, is a VERY odd place, and a very good experience to visit - just dont go during summer where the temps are 120 plus degrees

Years ago there was a proposal to build the "California Sky Tower" at 150 floors but they shot down the proposal because of the earthquakes. It was a great design, and easily would have been one of the best in the US. Of course after many studies, they found later that these giant over-engineered buildings are the safest places to be (or in the subways in LA) in a seismic event! LA is listed as the 2nd largest city in the US, but that is based on population. New York is a 12 mile by 2 mile (roughly) island, so its definitely not the largest city, just the most populated. LA is around 12 million, (NYC at 18 million approx), but our population numbers here in LA dont include all the millions of illegals, so in essence LA is physically the largest city AND most populated in the US by FAR, and we are just talking about LA for city limits, not LA county. Its a real damn shame and downright crazy, that we dont have anything larger than the US Bank tower yet, at 310m tall. They are building something taller now at 330 or 335m tall I believe and will look very very nice, but the actual roof will actually be a bit lower then the existing tallest. There is a large sail shaped roof feature to be constructed at the top, along with a spire, to bring it to this height.

Downtown LA is "officially" built on desert, but there is just so much sprawl, that everything is covered and its hard to tell. It wouldnt be so over-populated here, if our govt. was more like the govt. of Saudi Arabia, and ACTUALLY enforced their immigration laws, and close the borders. We are being invaded by millions, upon millions of illegals, so it makes it uniquely different here I guess, and its not in a good way, since all the people here who actually work, have to support the illegals getting their services (welfare, phones, free college just to name a few), that most true citizens cant get themselves. Its not bullshit either, I experienced this myself when I needed help back in 2008 when the shit hit the fan with the economy, and they would not help me at all..

I know, I know.. I veered off subject but couldn't resist, since someone brought up LA! So if anyone wants to flame me for speaking of this in this spot, go right ahead, I dont normally do this - Again I just did this because LA was mentioned. I only make a few posts a year average, mostly just read the posts and enjoy all the valuable info obtained from people's efforts around the world, to share in our online community. I have been here since 2002 or 2003 actually, the 2005 date on my account is actually not correct.

We are expecting another large quake, and when it does, the same thing might end up happening like what happened back in 1992 (7.3 quake) and 1994 (6.9 quake that was under rated and really a 7.1), and this is just naming a few, but millions of yuppies will run out of here! Ill never forget all the classmates that randomly disappeared after 1994, because their families were scared shitless, and the tens of thousands of aftershocks in the following months contributed to this!

Same thing will happen again, even if San Andreas fault snaps and we get the 8.0 - 8.4 quake we have been expecting which can happen any time now, the large towers (anything from late 1950's to early 1960's) will most likely be just fine with little to no damage. If you are curious what its like to be high up in a building a large quake, look on youtube for the Japanese quake, there were lots of videos taken from 50-60 stories up (at least) along with one taken from the Tokyo Tower at 300m high, showing the buildings swaying and absorbing most of the shock, while the shorter, and fatter buildings not built as well, took most of the damage. There was this one video where in the middle of the shaking, you can hear the steel frames creaking in the building, and the guys speaking in Japanese were laughing it off, and watching the other buildings through the windows while video taping the event.. The tidal wave is actually what created most of the destruction over there, despite there being some pretty intense shaking from a 9.0 quake.

I will end this with saying that I wish I could visit Saudi Arabia, but most Americans are not generally liked much in this region from my understanding, unless we are talking about the subject of being a "military umbrella." I really want to visit Dubai actually and have NO problems respecting the local laws of where ever I visit, I just think that some of these countries need to actually do more to support tourism and promote more tourist-friendly laws, if they are building all these massive towers out of nowhere, and want to turn it into a large business and resort hub. If I wanted to go and see Makkah (or Mecca if I am spelling it correctly), I wouldn't be allowed to see this, or even the massive hotel behind it (unless I was in disguise) because of it being holy land which I DO respect; I just dont agree with that shit, when we allow Mosques to be built just about anywhere, even within close range (just blocks away) from where 9/11 happened, and people are very bitter about that - although I really believe that was the US govt. that was involved and most Americans are under a spell of serious indoctrination under the guise of freedom when we really are not free here either; but I wont get into that nonsense here, I have already blabbered too much, and will probably just get labeled as another "American Idiot" for this post, even though I completely speaketh the truth on this matter!

As for this tower that is what this thread is about, its actually one of my favorite looking ones being constructed right now! It will look beyond excellent when done!
You are more respectful than most Americans towards the Middle East. If anybody dislikes your comment they are bigoted.

America and Middle East should try to have peace between themselves. For the sake of humanity
Faisal Shourov no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2015, 07:40 PM   #808
JmSepe
Nobel Prize Laureate

Likes (Received): 193

Nice cluster of glass buildings, looks like that skyline is bound to continually evolve in the coming years.

You can also find me in simtropolis, sc4devotions, anime-manga forum, the blue knight forum, mangafox, archives of our own, fanfiction, tumblr, blogspot, instagram, facebook and twitter.
JmSepe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2015, 03:51 AM   #809
MUHA
A Deep Miracle

Likes (Received): 1350

By Riyadh Crusher

"Saudi Arabia's best days lie ahead." <3

captain-gin, luci203 liked this post
MUHA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2015, 11:12 AM   #810
b.alotaby

Likes (Received): 742

KAFD, Racing Against The Clock I. Feb-20-15

Saudi Arabia's potentials are just starting to blossom!.

mafd12, aruckert, captain-gin, m-man liked this post
b.alotaby no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2015, 11:13 AM   #811
b.alotaby

KAFD. The Glorious Glitter. Feb-23-15

mafd12, captain-gin liked this post
Old February 26th, 2015, 11:15 AM   #812
b.alotaby

KFAD, Amidst The Golden Sand II. Jan-9-15

Old February 28th, 2015, 06:52 PM   #813
Munwon

Likes (Received): 1512

Too bad it wasn't built 10 years ago. It might of gotten some media attention.
Munwon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2015, 09:49 PM   #814
ThatOneGuy
Run Like Hell

Likes (Received): 14127

It barely gets attention here
ThatOneGuy está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2015, 01:21 PM   #815
K.S.A
Kingdom tower lover

Likes (Received): 2534

Old April 21st, 2015, 06:03 PM   #816