SkyscraperCity Forum banner

WORLI | Century IT Park | 300m | 59 fl | U/C

59K views 131 replies 36 participants last post by  v952010 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Lower Parel - Century Textiles Office Tower U/C

Guys, I had never heard of this nor thought of an area or project as massive as this.

This looks to be a little across Oasis and the area that this property covers is massive.

The pic below shows 2 large cranes on the site. I managed to go in and find that this is the Century Textile Mills or Century Textiles. I enquired thinking it to be Indiabulls Blue but the security guard said it is not and it is their own office construction.

Design:

Update: U/C 9th, July 2011

We need to get more details as it looks huge, ground work is done, the building at one end is above ground level as you see in the other pic below.

Century Textiles - U/C Pic 1

Closer View of the massive u/c:

Here you see the building u/c is one or two levels above ground,

This give a lil idea, as i managed to take this when the gates just opened

See less See more
#121 · (Edited)
Commercial buildings have always tended to be shorter than their residential counterparts in India. Mumbai being India's only skyscraper city and financial capital is the most likely place for a tall commercial building in India. It may take some more years as GDP increases but it's bound to happen eventually.

There is plenty of space remaining in the Century Mills construction site. This may well morph into a residential supertall, but a super tall nonetheless. In Worli, they cannot leave such prime land idle for long.

^^We might again become laughing stock in international forum. :eek:hno:
Next time , we should be ultra careful before making a thread in the international forum.
Exactly bro.These commercial supertall and skyscraper projects are letting us down.Hence we need to be cautious before creating a anew thread.:bash::bash::bash:
A thread in the international sub-forums should never be looked at personally. Haters and mockers are gonna hate and mock, even for thriving projects. I'm sure we've all seen that many many times. The "proposed supertalls" sub-forum has more than twice as many pages (8 pages) than the actual supertalls sub-forum (3 pages). So many threads across so many different countries have been created for projects that never materialized in the international sub-forums that I doubt anyone managed to keep a count.

When you have two dozen active skyscraper threads and nearly ten active supertall threads for just one city (Mumbai), it's to be expected there will be changes! No other city in the world has so many active U/C threads in those two sub-forums (skyscrapers and supertalls).

This is why I always keep telling not to create an international thread unless atleast a dozen floors are built. We can keep the threads here.

Look what happened to the India tower. They were building the foundations, all super exciting. But later, a massive disappointment.
Hell, look at what happened to the Pentominium in Dubai. Yet, Dubai forumers keep creating multitudes of threads, such as Marina 106, which by the way is also now on hold.
The biggest mall in China and in the world, in the heart of the much vaulted PRD is empty and running losses. Ok, so they take it in their stride.

Topher51 created a proposed thread for an 800m+ supertall in Karachi. Ok, so it may just not take off, but something else may. So cool, Topher51 will contnue creating threads.

At the worst, the international thread for Century IT Park may be moved to the "On Hold" section for the time being, but not right away. We have to wait and watch to see what happens to that prime piece of mill-redevelopment land first.

Oops if this is the case then it looks like they cut the supertall short. But it was bound to happen, there is really no need for commercial towers right now, especially not one 300m tall.

Yet another embarrassment for India!
These are not embarrassments... at worst, it's a temporary setback.
Most international forumers won't even be bothered if that international thread moves into cold storage.
India really has a lot going for her and we are all her ambassadors. :)

#118 ·
The market for the commercial buildings might be down right now but 4 years down the road, it won't be the same situation. Ruby and Kohinoor have problems because they are ready for use in the present, thereby increasing the operating cost for the buiders without tenants. On the other hand, those who are just starting out and have deep pockets, will definitely be able to ride the next boom cycle. Therefore, I don't think that those who have announced their projects should backtrack just yet or re-convert their buildings into residential projects - this would be short-term thinking. Do we have all the information to ascertain what exactly is happening to the Century tower. We need first hand information before reacting the way we are.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.