daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > Local discussions > Romania & Moldova > Development Forums > Bucharest–Ilfov

Old April 18th, 2012, 04:19 PM   #1
Cosmin
Euro Mod

Likes (Received): 4130

Metro Line M5

M5 is a new, 20-km-long Bucharest Metro line currently under construction. The M5 Line will run from Rāul Doamnei to Eroilor in the first phase. After that the line will be extended to Piața Iancului, and from there, under Iancului Road (Șoseaua Iancului), until the line meets Pantelimon on the existing M1 Line. Construction commenced in April 2011 and is expected to end in 2018.

More info available at:

1) Bucharest Metro Line M5 (Wikipedia)

2) m5.metrouusor.com (RO)

Insista, persista, mas nunca desista.

Last edited by Cosmin; April 18th, 2012 at 04:31 PM.
Cosmin no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old April 18th, 2012, 04:56 PM   #2
EduardSA

Likes (Received): 66

Amazing job Cosmin! Can you upload your maps to wikipedia as well please?
EduardSA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2012, 05:27 PM   #3
Cosmin
Euro Mod

Thank you!

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fi...o_line_map.png

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fi...ion_status.png

Feel free to use them as you will. I think I can upload them as SVG as well, right? I'll probably do that, at least for the first one.

If I did something wrong, feel free to point it out. I'm a Wikipedia n00b.

Old April 19th, 2012, 11:46 PM   #4
Keepon
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

Impressive map. You ought to send that to Metrorex as well, I like yours better than theirs, maybe they'll learn something.

Since this thread just opened, I find it appropriate to (re)post some M5 renders too.

Eroilor 2

Keepon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2012, 11:48 PM   #5
Keepon
BANNED

Brancusi

Old April 19th, 2012, 11:57 PM   #6
Cadīr
Genuine Tatar

Likes (Received): 2408

Too much glass for such a polluted city...After the first rain it will not look so good anymore. It will need constant cleaning.

İzmit Bay bridge (PPP, 2682 m.) 3.Bosporus Bridge (PPP, 2164 m.)

Eurasia Tunnel (PPP, 5.4 km) Marmaray Tunnel (U/C)
Cadīr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2012, 12:22 AM   #7
Keepon
BANNED

The majority of big cities are almost always polluted, Bucharest is no exception. Besides, extra cleaning wouldn't be that much of a big deal. I think it's worth it and it would be a small price to pay for having all that extra natural light filling the future stations. But those kind of skylights are usually designed in such a way that they'll clean themselves in rainy weather, or you'll hardly ever notice anything on them (except, probably, if they wouldn't clean them for years).

Eroilor 2 has a pretty cool design, it sort of reminds me of Canary Wharf station in London.
Old April 20th, 2012, 12:34 AM   #8
Cadīr
Genuine Tatar

There's no problem if the stations are to be cleaned on a regular basis.
Still, we must not forget that we're talking about Metrorex. Just have a look at Obor, Saligny, Grozavesti stations...

Old April 20th, 2012, 10:17 AM   #9
AndreiB

Likes (Received): 70

Impressive map Cosmin! I vote Cosmin for Brand Manager at Metrorex

I agree that natural light is a plus in any underground space. Plus, salary costs are very very low in Romania, so I am sure that cleaning it would not be a big budgetary constraint. If Metrorex decides to employ cleaners, of course.

The Bombardier trains are not relevant any more, since the winner was CAF, though.

Please complete my census of problems in Bucharest.
AndreiB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2012, 11:06 AM   #10
Bogdy

Likes (Received): 2382

I'm pretty sure that finally Metrorex will resort to simplistic solutions. Just look on the new M4, and see what kind of finishes they chose, and also in the correspondence pedestrian passage between M1&M2 from Unirii station. I think that at the end of the infrastructure works, the finances will not be enough to sustain this renders. Though it's Metrorex...
Bogdy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2012, 02:55 PM   #11
Keepon
BANNED

Oh, come on. Metrorex does a better job at overall cleaning than, say, RATP (Paris). And, yes, I'm saying this based on my own experience using the Parisian metro. You're making it sound like it's the worst in the world, but they actually deserve credit when it comes to cleaning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogdy View Post
I'm pretty sure that finally Metrorex will resort to simplistic solutions.
Well, looking at the renders, the chosen solutions are really simple ones. With the exception of Eroilor 2, which is a fairly more important station, I think the rest of th stations will have a similar design to Brancusi, or at least I hope so. And I like that simple clean-cut modern design, it's really OK as long as they'll avoid using kitschy colors.
Old April 20th, 2012, 07:59 PM   #12
Cadīr
Genuine Tatar

Should I take pictures of various stations, where the dirt down the window is enough to plant some flowers ?

Old April 20th, 2012, 08:43 PM   #13
Bogdy

Likes (Received): 2382

@ Keepon
It would be nice if they use those kind of skylights, but I'm skeptical they'll look like this renders. For instance at Basarab flyover, the render present a futuristic tram station, and finally the station doesn't look like the station from render. So, I'm expecting to some changes. Moreover this renders, are only informative to have an overall idea.

RATP metro system is a really huge netowork (214 km with 301 stations) therefore it's a bit difficult to mentain the entire network.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadīr View Post
Should I take pictures of various stations, where the dirt down the window is enough to plant some flowers ?
Bogdy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2012, 10:42 AM   #14
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Likes (Received): 2424

M5 works are on-going ATM, on Sunday. They were U/C yesterday too. I will probably post later today some short movies I made yesterday with works at some stations.
Castles and Mansions in Romania
Le Clerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2012, 08:20 PM   #15
LucianPopa1000
BANNED

Likes (Received): 713

Mie mi se par prea multe 2 statii intre universitate si eroilor.Chiar nu e necesar,mai ales ca statia Cismigiu e la 2-300 m de Izvor.Si statie la piata Rosetti cred ca e ridicol,e la 300 m de uniersitate.Distanta intre statii nu ar trebui sa fie mai mica de 900=1000 m.Poate 800 m in cartiere unde desnitatea populatiei e de 3-4 ori mai mare decat in centru.Exista ceva conceret despre portiunea universitate-pantelimon?
LucianPopa1000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2012, 08:40 PM   #16
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Au fost ingradite parcurile Eroilor si Moghioros. cred ca vor incepe in curand lucrarile si acolo.
Old April 27th, 2012, 08:52 PM   #17
Cosmin
Euro Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucianPopa1000 View Post
Mie mi se par prea multe 2 statii intre universitate si eroilor.Chiar nu e necesar,mai ales ca statia Cismigiu e la 2-300 m de Izvor.Si statie la piata Rosetti cred ca e ridicol,e la 300 m de uniersitate.Distanta intre statii nu ar trebui sa fie mai mica de 900=1000 m.Poate 800 m in cartiere unde desnitatea populatiei e de 3-4 ori mai mare decat in centru.
Va rog, haideti sa renuntam macar acum, cand linia este deja in constructie, la aceeasi discutie pe care o tot repetam de cand exista forumul.

Chiar daca o tineti pe a voastra, chiar daca considerati ca-i ridicol, ca si parizienii sunt ridicoli, ca poate ei au nevoie, dar noi nu samd (toate argumente pe care le-am citit de nenumarate ori), pana la urma proiectul este in derulare.

Old April 27th, 2012, 10:33 PM   #18
feroviar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
Va rog, haideti sa renuntam macar acum, cand linia este deja in constructie, la aceeasi discutie pe care o tot repetam de cand exista forumul.

Chiar daca o tineti pe a voastra, chiar daca considerati ca-i ridicol, ca si parizienii sunt ridicoli, ca poate ei au nevoie, dar noi nu samd (toate argumente pe care le-am citit de nenumarate ori), pana la urma proiectul este in derulare.
Ce se construieste in Drumul Taberei pana la Eroilor este batut in cuie insa intre Eroilor si Pantelimon lucrurile cred ca ar mai trebui cantarite.
Sa luam tronsonul Eroilor Universitate. Exista doua posibilitati:
1. Sa avem doua statii, Cismigiu si Hasdeu cu legatura la M4 dar fara legatura la M1/3, cea mai apropiata statie fiind Izvor (traseul M4 intre Piata Virgiliu si Pod Hasdeu pe sub strazile Berzei si Vasile Parvan).
2. Sa se construiasca o singura statie situata intre Piata Mihail Kogalniceanu si Schitu Magureanu (traseul M4 intre Piata Virgiliu si Izvor ~pe sub strazile Grigore Cobalcescu si Schitu Magureanu) dar cu posibilitatea legaturii cu magistrala M1/3 (la statia Izvor).
Cred ca varianta a doua ar permite legaturi mai flexibile pentru un numar mult mai mare de calatori.
Sa nu uitam faptul ca in centru transportul de suprafata nu trebuie suprimat.

Last edited by feroviar; April 27th, 2012 at 10:44 PM.
feroviar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2012, 10:50 PM   #19
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Ingradirea de la Parc Eoilor:

Old April 27th, 2012, 11:02 PM   #20
Le Clerk
AUTOBANN.ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Clerk View Post
M5 works are on-going ATM, on Sunday. They were U/C yesterday too. I will probably post later today some short movies I made yesterday with works at some stations.
Va promisesem cateva videoclipuri cu lucrari la M5. Urmeaza acum.