daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Citytalk and Urban Issues > Guess the City

Guess the City Can you guess the location?

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 21st, 2012, 12:29 PM   #121
jose l.

Exclamation there is a problem with the web site

i don't if other people have problem accessing to the page or not, but i am not able to go neither guess the city, rate the banner and one on one, when you click for those options, it keep moving the circle and waiting to show up tha page but stay as it is,,,,
is some else has been getting problem or it is only me?

Sponsored Links
Old November 21st, 2012, 12:45 PM   #122
Bovin
Meuh

Likes (Received): 196

Quote:
Originally Posted by jose l. View Post
i don't if other people have problem accessing to the page or not, but i am not able to go neither guess the city, rate the banner and one on one, when you click for those options, it keep moving the circle and waiting to show up tha page but stay as it is,,,,
is some else has been getting problem or it is only me?
You're not alone. Below is the message I get when I try to vote on "one on one" or to guess the city of the day:

It's been preventing me from voting for anything for a few days, I don't know why either, but it clearly indicates that the website is experiencing problems (or undergoing maintenance)...
Bovin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2012, 03:46 AM   #123
jose l.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bovin View Post
You're not alone. Below is the message I get when I try to vote on "one on one" or to guess the city of the day:

It's been preventing me from voting for anything for a few days, I don't know why either, but it clearly indicates that the website is experiencing problems (or undergoing maintenance)...
yes sometimes i was getting the same message you posted, but also after 6 days failing to connect with the daily menu, and finally i was able to go thru that menu, then i realized that some members didn't have problem accessing on that after reading comments for the daily guessing the city, for two day it was doing normal, now since last night,,,,,again i am not able to access to the daily menu, i reported last time with Jan with not answer
Old February 12th, 2013, 01:36 PM   #124
Bovin
Meuh

Cool

5 months later, here we go for an update

298 cities from 107 different countries have been featured in 886 days, from early September 2010 to late January 2013. In other words, each city has been repeated only 2.9 times in average.
All in all, with 16 appearances in 29 months, Bangkok doesn't weigh more than 1.81% of the total, which also means that no city weighs more than 2% of the total. Besides only 14 cities have represented more than 1% since the beginning.
Which looks to confirm a great effort of diversification, despite what we may be led to think when we feel a city is repeated too often compared to the others.

As regards countries, the USA and China still dominate the game (1 city out of 4 is either American or Chinese). Moreover, the first 10 countries still weigh more than 50% of the total. However 107 different countries have been represented in 2 years and a half, among which 82 more than once.

Below is the number of times each city has appeared since the beginning of the game in September 2010

Per country :
Old February 17th, 2013, 02:58 AM   #125
jose l.

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bovin View Post
5 months later, here we go for an update

298 cities from 107 different countries have been featured in 886 days, from early September 2010 to late January 2013. In other words, each city has been repeated only 2.9 times in average.
All in all, with 16 appearances in 29 months, Bangkok doesn't weigh more than 1.81% of the total, which also means that no city weighs more than 2% of the total. Besides only 14 cities have represented more than 1% since the beginning.
Which looks to confirm a great effort of diversification, despite what we may be led to think when we feel a city is repeated too often compared to the others.

As regards countries, the USA and China still dominate the game (1 city out of 4 is either American or Chinese). Moreover, the first 10 countries still weigh more than 50% of the total. However 107 different countries have been represented in 2 years and a half, among which 82 more than once.

Below is the number of times each city has appeared since the beginning of the game in September 2010

Per country :
this is totally ridiculous... that makes me more upset, i can't understand why bangkok have been posted 16 times and manila or Santo Domingo have not been posted for the first time. just to mention a sample of a big city . i believe Jan or whoever is doing this has some discrimination or personal issues with phillippines or D. Republic, Jamaica or other country still missing? \\ whoever with common sense see this sheet,,, will say right away there is discrmination and preference for others
Old February 17th, 2013, 07:47 PM   #126
Bovin
Meuh

Quote:
Originally Posted by jose l. View Post
this is totally ridiculous... that makes me more upset, i can't understand why bangkok have been posted 16 times and manila or Santo Domingo have not been posted for the first time. just to mention a sample of a big city . i believe Jan or whoever is doing this has some discrimination or personal issues with phillippines or D. Republic, Jamaica or other country still missing? \\ whoever with common sense see this sheet,,, will say right away there is discrmination and preference for others
Your peremptory tone and your willing to see some discrimination at all costs prevent you from seeing the simple truth I'm afraid. And there's a great probabiltiy that this truth be that Jan just doesn't think that much about it. Why has a city like Mulhouse been featured twice whereas much bigger and more famous French cities such as Lyon, Bordeaux or Toulouse have never appeared ? Probably because Jan may have been to Mulhouse or may have heard of this town for some reason, which may have not been the case for the other French cities. That is an example among dozens of others.
You talk about ridicule. But your conspiracy theories and your daily complaints hold yourself up to ridicule.
Figures are here to prove there's no so-called discrimination at all.
More than ten new cities appear every month in average. The most often repeated city appears only once every 2 months. The top ten cities appear once every 3 months. Why ? Because they are famous cities which Jan is probably familar with. And because this game has never been supposed to distribute the appearances equally between every city in the world (which would make the game predictable by the way), or between every city for which you would request an image that would suit you eventually.
Talking about common sense, I suggest you take those things much less seriously, to begin with...
Old March 20th, 2016, 12:49 PM   #127
Motul
Oh Gloria Inaccesible

Likes (Received): 13973

Ni71069529 ku710695297106952971069529ki

︷︸︸ ︷ ︸︷
︷︸

North South Cone, Best Cone.
Motul está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2016, 12:50 PM   #128
Motul
Oh Gloria Inaccesible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motul View Post
Ni71069529 ku710695297106952971069529ki

OkI

︷︸︸ ︷ ︸︷
︷︸

Old March 20th, 2016, 12:53 PM   #129
Motul
Oh Gloria Inaccesible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motul View Post
OkI

Mm

︷︸︸ ︷ ︸︷
︷︸

Old March 20th, 2016, 08:42 PM   #130
Yellow Fever
City Of Rain

Likes (Received): 56058

wth are these?
Yellow Fever no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2017, 04:23 AM   #131
A Chicagoan
I Love Chicago!

Likes (Received): 1599

For cities in the United States, I like to choose cities with a population of over 100,000 or that are known for some reason. For example: Athens GA (pop. 123K), Lexington MA (site of the Battle of Lexington and Concord in 1775).