daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > General > NASF Archive

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 30th, 2005, 08:45 AM   #701
Markitect

Likes (Received): 0

The full County Board gave its support to the development proposal submitted by Ryon Cos. and RSC & Associates for a block in the Park East corridor (see info and images posted here a few days back). The Board's approval gives developers a 90-day window to purchase the land.

The County received only two sumbissions for its request for proposals on the property. Developers for the winning bid offered $3.51 million for the land, and are proposing a mix of high-end condos and retail space ranging from small stores to big box retailers. The competing bidder, Full Spectrum, had proposed building less-expensive housing on the site that would fufill affordable housing requirements. The initially offered a lower purchase price of $1.3 million, but later increased the offer to $3.88 million, under the condition they would receive $2.5 million of tax incrementasl financing from the City.

Details in the [Journal Sentinel: Board OKs Park East proposal - $73 million plan calls for condos, retail space
Markitect no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old September 30th, 2005, 05:03 PM   #702
milwaukeeunseen
Look closer...

Likes (Received): 2

I'm not sure I'd want to live in a place called "the Edge."

The building is definately large for the neighborhood, but I don't think it's too big. It fits nicely with the Holton Street bridge.

As for the Park East parcel. Let's get shovel in dirt in get this freakin' thing built. I'm tired of looking at empty lots, although its a huge improvement over that freeway.
Old September 30th, 2005, 06:43 PM   #703
avissers
So I says to her, I says

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by milwaukeeunseen
I'm not sure I'd want to live in a place called "the Edge."

The building is definately large for the neighborhood, but I don't think it's too big. It fits nicely with the Holton Street bridge.

As for the Park East parcel. Let's get shovel in dirt in get this freakin' thing built. I'm tired of looking at empty lots, although its a huge improvement over that freeway.
I agree. There are so many projects that we have seen in the Park East (such as The Terraces) and it would be nice to see some movement on them at some point in time while I am alive. I understand that there is so much more to do (Like pre-selling units and what not) - I guess I am just impatient...
Old September 30th, 2005, 07:18 PM   #704
miltown
urban informant

Likes (Received): 84

the edge looks nice even though I think a different name could reach more people. I am also impatient andwould like to see something get done in the park east.
miltown no está en línea  
Old September 30th, 2005, 08:34 PM   #705
jmancuso
make it so...

Likes (Received): 56

thread has gone way past 500 post limit so continue discussion here:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=262998
jmancuso no está en línea