SkyscraperCity Forum banner
4M views 8K replies 647 participants last post by  TM_Germany 
#1 ·
This is probably the biggest reconstruction project in Germany right now. The area around the Frauenkirche will be rebuilt in a classic and modern way which means that most buildings will be reconstructed along with some modern additions.

See less See more
#2,302 ·
Finally, they planted some trees! :D

#2,304 · (Edited)
Of course it will, look at Warsaw. You just can't tell today the old town isn't authentic.
Maybe, who knows. But remember that Warsaw's reconstruction in the early 50s cannot be compared to Dresden's.

In Warsaw, many of the the outer walls of the houses that were to be reconstructed, were still standing. The ones that had collapsed, were reconstructed in the old manner: with a frame made out of brick, then covered with plaster.

In Dresden, the concrete buildings will always remain concrete. Maybe we won't notice it in 20 years. But for example the windows (dormers?) in the mansarde roofs show the fact that it's concrete you're looking at.

Edit: my bad, just read that Urbanista1 wrote the same three weeks ago, and better phrased :)

#2,307 ·
#2,310 ·
The building between the Köhler'sches Haus and the Kulturpalast is atrocious. :bash:

yes, these trees are not new, but only within the last decade or so. Wish they would grow faster to hide the Kultupalast!!!
They sure do grow very slowly. :S

#2,312 ·
Naturally I would've preferred a reconstruction next to the Köhler'sches Haus (I assume there was something on that spot before the war), but IMO this new building is by modern architecture standards pretty good-looking and has a nice sleek appearance. I mean, they could've come up with something truly atrocious and ugly, like most of today's architecture.

#2,317 ·
They aren't really going to built that piece of sh*t architecture between the Köhler'sches Haus and the Kulturpalast, do they? Dresden haters! Why don't they built that crap from a bunch of Munich architects on the Marketplace in Munich itself? That building doesn't fit in the Altstadt of Dresden, that ugly building does fit at the border of the Dresden :)