daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > دار زايـــد United Arab Emirates

دار زايـــد United Arab Emirates The exciting new world in Dubai , Abu Dhabi and other Emirates

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 13th, 2006, 12:49 AM   #1
Ben_Burj
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Dubai boom during the Immovest Congress at the ITB Berlin

While browsing the list of events for the ITB-BERLIN trade faire i found the following on dubai and thought it might be interest to some people here.

if i am not to busy that day i will train to attend this event.

Friday, March 10, 2006

17:00 - 17:30

Immovest Congress
Dubai boom: Demand is still keeping up with supply - how risky is the real estate business

Dubai pioneers share experiences: Ralph P. Viereck, Engel &Völckers Projektmarketing International GmbH, Dr. Ekkehard E. Paulus, ACN International GmbH, Hotel & Resort Development

Veranstalter: Messe Berlin GmbH/Bernd Heuer Dialog

Place:
ICC Berlin
Saal 4/5

Last edited by Ben_Burj; February 13th, 2006 at 12:58 AM.
Ben_Burj no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 13th, 2006, 12:58 AM   #2
dubaiflo
Back in the Sandpit

Likes (Received): 35

would love to see that, if it was during holidays i'd go there.
i expect detailed information ben_burj!
dubaiflo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2006, 01:18 AM   #3
Ben_Burj
BANNED

@flo: havn't you worked with Engel &Völckers in dubai? if I don't have a scheduled business meeting or an overlapping event at the same time I will for sure be there and keep every body updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubaiflo
would love to see that, if it was during holidays i'd go there.
It will take place of Friday afternoon around 17H so my guess is that you can still catch a flight to Berlin from Munich airport with air-berlin or germania or germans-wings or whatever. (Tagel airport is not far away from the conference venue)

The event continues also during the weekend last year nakheel was present with a stand at the trade faire but be aware this trade faire is more about travel and tourism than real estate (never the less they have the immoinvest forum this year).
Old February 13th, 2006, 01:31 AM   #4
dubaiflo
Back in the Sandpit

mhm i will see what i can do and if it will be possible to go there.

would be great, we could meet i could bring my sister

anyway, yes i have worked at E&V in may, that is true, i happen to know the middle east head for that matter, i am sure he will attend this event.
Old February 13th, 2006, 01:39 AM   #5
Ben_Burj
BANNED

Quote:
mhm i will see what i can do and if it will be possible to go there.

would be great, we could meet i could bring my sister
and your cat please he also needs to come, yeah it will be cool if you can make it let me know if you can make it. just let me know off your time constraints due to school and i can try to check what ever is available (flight ect..) as this is the second time i attend the event. also my advice will be not to wait to long before making a hotel/airline reservation since the ITB is a major event.

Quote:
anyway, yes i have worked at E&V in may, that is true, i happen to know the middle east head for that matter, i am sure he will attend this event.
What you can do is also to say hello to the head in Europe by saying that you know Mr…….ect.

Also many people attend those events not necessarily for the speakers but to network and to know other people interested in the Dubai real estate market. What I normally do when sitting beside some one is to ask the question if this is their first time in the forum blah blah blah and at the end of the day this is an extra business contact.
Old February 13th, 2006, 02:39 PM   #6
dubaiflo
Back in the Sandpit

very good. well it is friday, school ends at 1o'clock and heading to the airport takes ~1 hour... mhm will have to check that..
Old February 13th, 2006, 03:10 PM   #7
fahed
Mr Anti

Likes (Received): 1

ahm, ahm ... HELLO ... testing .. testing !
Old February 13th, 2006, 05:46 PM   #8
Ben_Burj
BANNED

Quote:
very good. well it is friday, school ends at 1o'clock and heading to the airport takes ~1 hour... mhm will have to check that..
Tell the school that you must visit the doctor
Old February 13th, 2006, 06:06 PM   #9
Ben_Burj
BANNED

Quote:

Well with www.flydba.com there is a flight leaving at 15:15 h and arriving in Berlin around 16:20 h it must enough to arrive at the conference place at around 17H but of course this is assuming that the flight will be leaving on time. and of course assuming you know your way around berlin.

Other wise Lufthansa has a flight leaving at 14:25 and at 15:05.

Well the school ends at 1 O’clock but here we are assuming that you will be an angel during that day and that they will not keep you at the school for extra work because you will tell a blond girl that she is stupid
Old February 13th, 2006, 06:55 PM   #10
dubaiflo
Back in the Sandpit

Hehe i would have to limit my freedom of speech

mhm that sounds pretty good, how much is that flight?
Old February 13th, 2006, 07:45 PM   #11
Ben_Burj
BANNED

118€ including taxes this is a one way flight the return flight is less expensive. i havn't checked the price with lufthansa but you can do it directly on their website. but honestly if i was you i will take the earlier flight (little bit cheaper) around 13:40 to be certain to have plenty of time ahead. Juste leave the school during the lunch time or find some excuses I mean if I can do it in Belgium then why it wouldn’t work in the kingdom of Bavaria

If your parent wouldn't want to finace your trip to Berlin tell them that you will stay one less night in abu dhabi palace hotel
Old February 13th, 2006, 09:28 PM   #12
dubaiflo
Back in the Sandpit

i prefer the emirates palace honestly.

well not sure this would cost 200€ ++ just for the 30min there, i know it would be interesting and useful and i might meet the E&V CEO Middle East again, but well.. not sure if it is worth.

and i might meet ben burj of course
Old February 13th, 2006, 10:20 PM   #13
Ben_Burj
BANNED

Well if you are going to pay it from your savings or if you will have to sell your evil cat in order to attend this event I would say it is not worth it.

Another point I will not say it is 200Euro I would rather say 300Euro (in case you stay the night in Berlin) because it is not worth it to come stay for few hours and then fly back, the exposition closes around 5:30 so you wouldn’t be able to visit any thing around.

Since you are under the age of 25 the train can be a cheap option but then you will have to catch a train early in the morning to be in Berlin on time.

I am staying for the whole week there but again I don’t go there because of the Dubai conference I go there because I am in the business of the travel industry. It is up to you to see how worth it is to see again or not the Middle East director.

Well I tell you what if you make it I will wear as in those pictures http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...62#post6838462
Old February 16th, 2006, 04:38 PM   #14
Ben_Burj
BANNED

Just received their newsletter and the cost of the conference is around 300 euro for the 2 days conference. If some one is into real estate this is good value for money because you will get the chance to meet and mix with other professional. But if you are only interested in the 30 min talk about Dubai then it is not worth it.
Old February 16th, 2006, 07:04 PM   #15
dubaiflo
Back in the Sandpit

ok thanks
Old February 16th, 2006, 10:58 PM   #16
Ben_Burj
BANNED

you are welcome, hope you did not sell your cat in order to attend the evant