daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > دار زايـــد United Arab Emirates

دار زايـــد United Arab Emirates The exciting new world in Dubai , Abu Dhabi and other Emirates

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old January 27th, 2006, 04:39 PM   #21
siddis

Likes (Received): 2

In my country can deny Holocaust is much as you want.Nobody will arrest you for saying such sick things, but everyone will hate you.

siddis no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old January 27th, 2006, 04:42 PM   #22
Bikes
sababa

Likes (Received): 2782

Quote:
Originally Posted by smussuw
Where is freedom of expression when some one denies the holocust? Why do they have to be sued?
Well, while there are millions of jokes of Holocaust in Europe, cartoons and everything and nobody will get sued, some muslim countries are boycotting for a few stupid drawings. This is THE RIGHT COMPARISON, not what you wrote. If you are interested about that question i can tell you, but dont want to be offtopic in here.
Old January 27th, 2006, 04:46 PM   #23
smussuw
Patriotic Emirati

Likes (Received): 533

^ this isnt really what Ive read

Last edited by smussuw; January 27th, 2006 at 04:57 PM.
smussuw no está en línea  
Old January 27th, 2006, 04:51 PM   #24
Zim Flyer
Rock Lord

Likes (Received): 216

cheers Juiced.

OK, I can appreciate why you are all angry about these idiots who have attacked Islam and Mohammed, but don't blame the countries of Denmark and Norway, they have a free press and can't ban newspapers, even there own royal families are criticised by some of their newspapers but they won't ban them.

Why don't you instead target any of the companies which advertise in those newspapers / magazines, regardless or not of them selling their products in the Middle East. The negative publicity world wide will cause sponsers to abandon them and be a warning to other publications.
Zim Flyer no está en línea  
Old January 27th, 2006, 04:55 PM   #25
siddis

Quote:
^ am not denying it

Well, that's good. I'm not a fan of offending islam or any other religions. However I'm a big fan of freedom of expression. That means that I have to accept the right of other people to say and write things that I don't like.
siddis no está en línea  
Old January 27th, 2006, 05:03 PM   #26
smussuw
Patriotic Emirati

^ I totally support freedom of speech but sorry, insutling our prophet isnt part of freedom.
smussuw no está en línea  
Old January 27th, 2006, 05:05 PM   #27
FREKI
Lord of Legoland

Likes (Received): 6385

In the words of my vise prime minister:

"Freedom of speech is the very foundation of Danish democracy. Freedom of speech is far reaching and the Danish government has no means of influencing the press."

And to those who aperently do not know much about freedom of speech:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech
Old January 27th, 2006, 05:22 PM   #28
Bikes
sababa

Quote:
^ this isnt really what Ive read
So get your facts right. You get in jail for denying Holocaust in Germany, but you wont get to jail anywhere in Europe for making FUN out of anything.

" I totally support freedom of speech but sorry, insutling our prophet isnt part of freedom."

Sorry, but making FUN out of anything is part of freedom of speech, to critisize is also part of freedom of speech.
Old January 27th, 2006, 05:22 PM   #29
smussuw
Patriotic Emirati

^ that isnt our view about freedom of expression sorry. I guess I was right about the holocust then.

What can I say more than those who have done it would have no excuse infront God. I feel sorry for them because they would burn for ever
smussuw no está en línea  
Old January 27th, 2006, 05:23 PM   #30
siddis

Quote:
^ I totally support freedom of speech but sorry, insutling our prophet isnt part of freedom.
Crashing passenger jets into skyscrapers and blowing up buses and trains in the name of Islam isn't really a nice thing to do against us.
siddis no está en línea  
Old January 27th, 2006, 05:29 PM   #31
Bikes
sababa

Quote:
^ that isnt our view about freedom of expression sorry. I guess I was right about the holocust then.

What can I say more than those who have done it would have no excuse infront God. I feel sorry for them because they would burn for ever
Smussuw, have you wondered that not everyone believes in god? For them god might not exist, as for me either, so i wouldnt care about burning and things like this. Try to accept other cultures as well, not only yours.

And you are not right about the holocaust topic, but as i said i dont want to be offtopic, if you want i can pm you, but wont post it here.
Old January 27th, 2006, 05:30 PM   #32
FREKI
Lord of Legoland

Worldwide Press Freedom Index 2005
( http://www.rsf.org/rubrique.php3?id_rubrique=554 )

#1 Denmark 0,50

#101 United Arab Emirates 25,75
#154 Saudi Arabia 66,00
Old January 27th, 2006, 05:34 PM   #33
Saif

pathetic a$$ holes, they could've expressed their opinion by other means rather than making muslims in Denmark and around the world insulted.

you can make whatever definition of "freedom of Speach", we dont give a shit, they insulted over 1 billion person around the world not an easy insult like calling Islam a terrorest religion but a big one by making fun of the person of the prophet.

those people are Ignorant and want to mix up terms of freedom of speach and start insulting other religions.

as muslims we dont care what people "say" as in speach to islam but making photos for fun sake of the Prophet which more than 1 billion person respect isn't something would pass easly like an ignorant statment or any other criticism.

this is not interfering with Danish freedom ( as many ignorants may think) its a protest against those who insulted a whole religion by making fun of the Prophet.

its our freedom to Protest as we like no??
Old January 27th, 2006, 05:34 PM   #34
Dubai_Boy
I love Abu Dhabi.

Likes (Received): 2467

I am so dissapointed in some of you guys !!

The amount of ignorance and intolerance is over whelming

SHAME ON ALL OF YOU.
Old January 27th, 2006, 05:40 PM   #35
smussuw
Patriotic Emirati

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikes
Try to accept other cultures as well, not only yours
Exactly, they should accept our culture by not insulting our prophet

Accepting others doesnt including accepting insulting us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddis
Crashing passenger jets into skyscrapers and blowing up buses and trains in the name of Islam isn't really a nice thing to do against us.
what goes around comes around
smussuw no está en línea  
Old January 27th, 2006, 05:42 PM   #36
Bikes
sababa

Yes Dubai Boy, tolerance is the keyword.
Old January 27th, 2006, 05:43 PM   #37
Balikbayan
William

Likes (Received): 3

Shayan - I also don't know what tollerance is but most muslems don't know what tolerance is!
Balikbayan no está en línea  
Old January 27th, 2006, 05:43 PM   #38
Saif

some people dont know what the Prophet means to Muslims,

making fun pictures of Jesus is insulting to Muslims

making fun pictures of God is insulting to Mulims

calling Islam and muslims funny and offending names is insulting to muslims

and there are many other examples.

all the Above wont and doesnt usually cause any reaction from muslims around the world.
But making fun Pictures of the Prophet isnt equal to the above its something so big that Denmark may not be able to handle.

read more about importance of Prophet to Muslims. Insulting the Prophet like that is even more than insulting a loved member of the family.
Old January 27th, 2006, 05:46 PM   #39
FREKI
Lord of Legoland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saif
pathetic a$$ holes, they could've expressed their opinion by other means rather than making muslims in Denmark and around the world insulted.
You clearly have no idea about WHY the cartoons were made in the first place

Try looking into the facts before calling people names!

Quote:
you can make whatever definition of "freedom of Speach", we dont give a shit, they insulted over 1 billion person around the world not an easy insult like calling Islam a terrorest religion but a big one by making fun of the person of the prophet.
Oh man, no one has made fun of anybody!

The cartoons were made because the normal cartoonist didn't dare to make them because of the the violent muslims we have in Denmark these days, so Jyllands Posten asked the illustraters in Denmark to make some drawings to show that freedom still exist in Denmark!

Quote:
those people are Ignorant and want to mix up terms of freedom of speach and start insulting other religions.
A religion is nothing more than a fairytale imo - and the Danish goverment' s - so why should unproven teories be valued higher then the freedom of speach?

Quote:
as muslims we dont care what people "say" as in speach to islam but making photos for fun sake of the Prophet which more than 1 billion person respect isn't something would pass easly like an ignorant statment or any other criticism.
No not with a little help from anti-western imans and statecontrolled media

But since you're on the internet, do me a fovor and read some of the free press to see what's really going on... you'll thank me in the end!
Old January 27th, 2006, 05:48 PM   #40
ZOHAR
DAMNED

Likes (Received): 43

any speech?

I could never leave Tel Aviv(Tel Aviv house anthem)

Tel Aviv is a RAINBOW in the Middle East.

AMSTERDAM HERE I COME;)
ZOHAR no está en línea  

Closed Thread