daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > دار زايـــد United Arab Emirates

دار زايـــد United Arab Emirates The exciting new world in Dubai , Abu Dhabi and other Emirates

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old January 27th, 2006, 05:50 PM   #41
smussuw
Patriotic Emirati

Likes (Received): 533

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikes
Yes Dubai Boy, tolerance is the keyword.
he was dissapointed by u

Just now Ive read that Holland will ban two arabic channels because they say that it is anti Semitic. Where is freedom of speech?

It is ok to have an anti-muslim newspaper but not an anti semitic one right?
smussuw no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old January 27th, 2006, 05:53 PM   #42
malec
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Likes (Received): 126

Why is everyone here generalising so much. You can't blame a whole country for what some stupid guy said in a news paper. Aswell siddis, what the hell's that supposed to mean? Maybe you should show some tolerance aswell since certainly the large majority of muslims do not enjoy crashing planes into buildings

Also I know I don't follow Islam so sorry if I say some ignorant things. Christians and Americans are made fun of every single day by the media like in south park, simpsons and family guy and nobody minds too much. Surely it can go over the top sometimes but boycotting products from an entire country for what a few guys said is a bit too much IMO.

Just my 2 cents, continue
malec no está en línea  
Old January 27th, 2006, 05:53 PM   #43
DonQui
BANNED

Likes (Received): 10

BUY DANISH AND NORWEGIAN PRODUCTS!!!!!!!!!!

Learn how free people operate in the civilized Western world.

DonQui no está en línea  
Old January 27th, 2006, 05:57 PM   #44
FREKI
Lord of Legoland

Likes (Received): 6395

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saif
some people dont know what the Prophet means to Muslims
Some people don't know what freedom of speach meens to the west!

Quote:
making fun pictures of Jesus is insulting to Muslims
Good for them, I don't care!

Quote:
making fun pictures of God is insulting to Mulims
Good for them again.... I still don't care, since I don't belive in unproven things!

Quote:
calling Islam and muslims funny and offending names is insulting to muslims
So is it to all people... but you don't see us boycoting Pakistan when the ML made a 50.000DKK reward on the cartoonist's heads - we solved the issue with communication *wink wink*

Quote:
making fun Pictures of the Prophet isnt equal to the above its something so big that Denmark may not be able to handle.
We have been doing just fine since september, thanks you very much!

I think you have my country confused with some who bends over backwards because some nuts in a country have got the hole issue wrong and acts without knowing all the facts!
Old January 27th, 2006, 05:58 PM   #45
dazz

Likes (Received): 0

I made some searches, you can correct me if these quotes are wrong.

"
Islam forbid in Islamic house present of statue namely pictures, because presence of this statue cause of running away of angels.

clean your house from pictures and statues and not breeding a dog for any necessity or utility like hunting or guarding.

Angels will not enter a house if it contains a dog, (or a picture of a living creature).
"
dazz no está en línea  
Old January 27th, 2006, 06:16 PM   #46
smussuw
Patriotic Emirati

Likes (Received): 533

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQui
BUY DANISH AND NORWEGIAN PRODUCTS!!!!!!!!!!

Learn how free people operate in the civilized Western world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazz

"
Islam forbid in Islamic house present of statue namely pictures, because presence of this statue cause of running away of angels.

clean your house from pictures and statues and not breeding a dog for any necessity or utility like hunting or guarding.

Angels will not enter a house if it contains a dog, (or a picture of a living creature).
"
It isnt really about drawing him.

What can u say about this?

smussuw no está en línea  
Old January 27th, 2006, 06:30 PM   #47
Saif

Likes (Received): 2

oh well then i suggest you make up insulting movies and plays about the prophet , just to make muslims used to it and learn your "freedom of speach" and be responseble for the results.

those pictures weren't about freedom of speach as you are advertising, its more like spreading hatrads between people and provoking people without sending any messages but hatrard and stupidness full of lies and provokations.

keep doing that and at the end see if it was worth it or not.

and by the way i dont care what you care about or what you dont care about , i just made examples of how seriouse that was, not to preach you by any means.
Old January 27th, 2006, 06:32 PM   #48
dazz

but isn't the point of forbitting to hang photos of living creatures on walls, is that people would not start to worship those photos as false gods?
dazz no está en línea  
Old January 27th, 2006, 06:32 PM   #49
Hviid
Positivist

Likes (Received): 79

Quote:
Originally Posted by smussuw
What can u say about this?

I think thats hilarious!

Just like i think these are hilarious!

Old January 27th, 2006, 06:34 PM   #50
juiced
go with the flow

Likes (Received): 2

Does anyone have links to the cartoons that were offensive? Was it only the one pic above that smussuw just posted?
juiced no está en línea  
Old January 27th, 2006, 06:34 PM   #51
DG
Emirian Lady

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:

"

"
these are our beliefs and everybody should respect them, same as you respect Jews, Hindus,....etc beliefs.

what will happen if an Arabic or Muslim cartoonist make fun of Jewish or Christian religions, i think it will be a world wide massacre against Muslims!
DG no está en línea  
Old January 27th, 2006, 06:36 PM   #52
dazz

"

The official Catholic and Orthodox Christian understanding of the Ten commandments is as follows

1. "I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before me. You shall not make for yourself a graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them or serve them; for I the LORD your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments."

"
dazz no está en línea  
Old January 27th, 2006, 06:39 PM   #53
Hviid
Positivist

Likes (Received): 79

Here's another:

(http://www.randomfunnypictures.com/f...ctures/124.jpg)

An insult towards Jesus/Christians/Cathlics CANNOT get bigger than that! Still.. WHO F*CKING CARES? I don't. Neither does any other normal/western/civilized country! We respect everyones right to think/speak/draw/etc.
Old January 27th, 2006, 06:42 PM   #54
malec
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Likes (Received): 126

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG
these are our beliefs and everybody should respect them, same as you respect Jews, Hindus,....etc beliefs.

what will happen if an Arabic or Muslim cartoonist make fun of Jewish or Christian religions, i think it will be a world wide massacre against Muslims!
Not much actually. Well, if the cartoon is as funny as south park then I don't think a lot of people would mind. Sure there would be some who wouldn't like the idea but I don't think the majority of people would care
malec no está en línea  
Old January 27th, 2006, 06:44 PM   #55
huit

Likes (Received): 183

I hope the moderators don't lock/delete this and other similar threads - It's amazing how many of forumers were just waiting to burst out their hatred against Islam and Muslims. I'd like them to come to limelight!

As for the boycott issue is concerned, the advocates of free speech here have to understand that insulting the Prophet of Islam is simply not acceptable for us Muslims! Therefore, the reaction of Muslims is quite rational. Islam does NOT approve of insulting other religions and their rituals/god(s)/personalities etc. So all that Muslims are demanding is that they too be respected! Religion is everything for us! Respect and be respected - that is all we ask! Same goes for atheists!
If the Danish have freedom of speech then the Muslims too have the freedom of choice - and they're choosing not to buy Danish products - pretty simple IMHO.
huit no está en línea  
Old January 27th, 2006, 06:52 PM   #56
Ben_Burj
BANNED

Freedom of expression is nice but freedom of expression also means that the Danish government has the right to condemn the cartoons which they don’t do because they support the insult.

It is interesting how westerners are lecturing us on the freedom of expression while they wanted to bombard aljazeera TV in Qatar.

Any way such things don’t surprise me from a country like Denmark where the extreme rights and neo Nazis parties are extremely popular during elections.

For the first time since the 2nd WW the nazis participated in the danish local elections on November 18th. They were on the polllist for just one city council elections south of the capital Copenhagen, where they managed to establish a headquarters and open a nazi radio 2 years ago. Now, international law and UN declarations forbids racist activity, Denmark has signed them also, but the Danish state puts the "liberty of expression" in the first place. This has made Denmark a safe heaven for nazis expelled from Germany and for nazi publishing houses unable to operate elsewhere.

An other example is this one

In september 5 seamen were acquitted for murder, after having murdered 2 nigerians aboard their ship 5 years ago. The 2 nigerians had been hidden on the ship, and were not discovered until the ship was 40 kilometers off the Nigerian coast. One of the ships danish officers went wild, and did beat the shit out of the nigerians until 4 other danish seamen "for humanitarian reaons and in order to save their lives" threw them off the ship. 40 kilometers off shore. All 5 were acquitted of murder, and later it turned out, that hidden passengers are routinely gassed to death in the ships cargo trunks.

For example in Denmark it is known that people from Somalia (women and children) are afraid of walking in the street because many people will start to harass them and attach them physically. And all of this is documented in a complain to the U.N http://www.faklen.dk/en/doc/somalia.shtml

An other example of how fascism and Nazism is spreading fast in Denmark (source:http://www.iraqirabita.org/index.php?do=article&id=2829) an number of Danish soldier were found guilty of torturing innocent Iraqi civilians by a Danish military court nevertheless the court decided to free them because the judges decided that the soldiers did not any thing wrong and worth punishing by torturing innocent Iraqis civilians. One of the women involved in torturing Iraqi prisoners while repeat while torturing the Iraqi innocent civilians: ‘Muslims are dogs and pigs’

Not only this but some people in the street will walk to the culpable soldiers and offer them flowers while thanking them for torturing innocent Iraqi civilians
Ben_Burj no está en línea  
Old January 27th, 2006, 06:52 PM   #57
DonQui
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG

1) The Muslim world does not respect everyone's beliefs. You go to other countries demanding that those who are gracious enough to take the poor and marginalized of your socieites change their laws to fit your conveniences. You persecute Christians living within your territories, or at best, simply deny them full rights.

2) And in regards to the hysterial ranting part, you my friend are a dolt. We in fact don't care what the Muslim world thinks of our religions, our people, our governments. And if we did, we are civilized enough to respect your INHERENT right to free speech. Now respect the Scandinavians' right and quit your yapping.

DonQui no está en línea  
Old January 27th, 2006, 06:54 PM   #58
Hosain85

Likes (Received):

Danish should aplogize for their OWN sake

Holy Quran

Already has He sent you Word in the Book, that when ye hear the signs of Allah held in defiance and ridicule, ye are not to sit with them unless they turn to a different theme: if ye did, ye would be like them. For Allah will collect the hypocrites and those who defy faith all in Hell.

4:140

Old January 27th, 2006, 06:55 PM   #59
Ben_Burj
BANNED

Good news a Danish company lost 250 million of sales in Saudi Arabia alone
http://www.middle-east-online.com/?id=35842
Ben_Burj no está en línea  
Old January 27th, 2006, 06:56 PM   #60
DonQui
BANNED

Quote:
"

The official Catholic and Orthodox Christian understanding of the Ten commandments is as follows

1. "I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before me. You shall not make for yourself a graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them or serve them; for I the LORD your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments."

"
I suggest that we carpet bomb the Vatican then.
DonQui no está en línea  

Closed Thread