daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > دار زايـــد United Arab Emirates

دار زايـــد United Arab Emirates The exciting new world in Dubai , Abu Dhabi and other Emirates

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old January 27th, 2006, 11:19 PM   #81
FREKI
Lord of Legoland

Likes (Received): 6385

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayan
i´m saying that some people need to use there commen sense and say stuff more nicely otherwise it would lead to conflict in stead of discussion and dialogue..
If all parts used their common sense there would be no conflict at all! The pictures might be extreme seen with a Saudi Arabian point of view, but not by a Danish... and the pictures was only published in Denmark and later Norway!

It's a muslim delegation that brought the published, and the fake ones to the middle East, India and Parkistan..

It's the same delegation that have deliberatly translated the Danish wrong and quoted the Danish politicians wrong, in an atempt to gather support..

It's the same delegation, which is now trying to make up for the damage they have done and are admitting that they the result is not what they wanted..

But I'm sure none of that is told in the 9 o'clock news in Saudi Arabia or by the Imam at Friday prayer...

The truth is out there, but when people have set their mind that Denmark is a small anti-muslim country that tries to insult all muslims all around the world, it hard to convince them othervise...

But please try to look into the real story... with the multiple cartoonists and the book and the immigrational problem we have in Denmark and the fear the radical islamist spread around our part of the world..

Then you will see that Denmark is one of the most welcoming multi-cultural nations in the world, where all are 100% equal nomatter what religion, or lack of, they might have!

Sponsored Links
Old January 27th, 2006, 11:27 PM   #82
thryve
°°°°°°°°°°

Likes (Received): 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben_Burj
For example in Denmark it is known that people from Somalia (women and children) are afraid of walking in the street because many people will start to harass them and attach them physically. And all of this is documented in a complain to the U.N
Buddy, there are human rights abuses in EVERY country. Come to Canada... natives aren't treated very well all the time. The French Canadians used to be discriminated against.

So get over it.
thryve no está en línea  
Old January 27th, 2006, 11:30 PM   #83
vid

Likes (Received): 921

Another reason to hate Denmark!

As if I needed one! And Hans Island is ours, you bastards!
Old January 27th, 2006, 11:33 PM   #84
crazyevildude

Likes (Received): 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQui

Islam is ripe for a Reformation. The Christian one happened between 1400 and 1500 years after its founding. It has been nearly 1400 years since the founding of Islam.
In all fairness, Christian - Particularly in America, are just as bad when it comes to any form of freedom of expression that they find 'offensive'. Look through the churchs comdemnation of heavy metal for proof of this. Burning copies of Iron maidens The Number of The Beast showed no only a lack of belief in freedom of speech, but also a complete lack of understanding as Iron Maiden are a somewhat christian band and The Number of the Beast is an anti-satan album.

But this is just as stupid. I'm sorry, Denmark is not a Muslim country, and it also has freedom of speech by law. They can make fun of whatever they want just like we can here. Start acting like you are some specific victim here. Islam is the latested in a long line of things to be insulted, poked fun at. It doesn't matter if you find it insulting - Nobody is forcing you to read it are they?
You can tell by these pictures that they are semi-serious at most in nature which to me makes them quite funny. Just like I find anything remotley offensive to anything (even things I believe in) funny. But even if they were someones serious opinion, they are still entitled to them. Just as I and you are entitled to think they are arseholes for whatever they do/say.

The issue only becomes a grey area when opinions are stated as fact (holocoust denial) or if illegal actions are encouraged, if it said (We should bind together to kill all Muslims or something it would obviously not be ok.)
crazyevildude no está en línea  
Old January 27th, 2006, 11:34 PM   #85
SkyView

Likes (Received): 13

By this I would like to puke on all these overheated religious retards.

Thank you.
SkyView no está en línea  
Old January 27th, 2006, 11:34 PM   #86
SuperDog
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by smussuw
^ I totally support freedom of speech but sorry, insutling our prophet isnt part of freedom.
Oh yes it is...

Every time I go through an airport inspection I curse Mohammed out loud!!!.

Now... That's freedom of speech!
SuperDog no está en línea  
Old January 27th, 2006, 11:49 PM   #87
Qaywani

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayan
But on thing i´ve learned from this thread is that a lot of muslims cant take any criticism..
When you criticise irrationally then you get irrational responses, i'm not surprised the majority of muslims are pissed.

I mean what they (the muslim forummers) are saying is also part of freedom of speech

Also to muslims who are boycotting danish and norwegian products, please, please, please, do not think this is representative of the Danish or Norwegian government. It will all boil down into pointless generalisations and hatred.
Qaywani no está en línea  
Old January 27th, 2006, 11:58 PM   #88
montecristo

I'm not muslim... but i remember in Italy, everytime someone made some joke on holocaust or jewish race/people, politics protected this community.

I'm agree, on my personal experience, that danish people are one of the most narowminded & racistic community of europe.

Permit something like this is not only stupid but really an incitement, to poor little kids on violance and racial/religious discrimination. It has nothing to do with freedom, but only with diseducation, and the governement should really act against facts like this one.
montecristo no está en línea  
Old January 28th, 2006, 12:03 AM   #89
montecristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDog
Oh yes it is...

You can curse everyone names you want, but teaching a kid to hate is something else. It's a criminal behaviour and has to be banned by your governement
Old January 28th, 2006, 12:08 AM   #90
crazyevildude

Likes (Received): 160

Quote:
Oh yes it is...

Yes, and a fantastic example of how freedom of speech includes anything you want to say, no matter how idiotic it may be.

Everyone has a right to be a horrible person, whether anyone will like you for it is a different matter .

I don't like people having double standards though, if you believe in freedom of speech then everyone is allowed to say what they want. Whethere you like it or not. And if you don't believe in freedom of speech, fine. But you can't critises what happens in other countries that do believe in it. Call it a culture clash if you like.
crazyevildude no está en línea  
Old January 28th, 2006, 12:40 AM   #91
malec
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Likes (Received): 126

And I'm allowed to call SuperDog a gimp who's most likely a 12 year old kid. It's clear he just wants to piss off those that follow Islam here and that he doesn't really want to contribute anything to this debate.
malec no está en línea  
Old January 28th, 2006, 12:45 AM   #92
LordMarshall
Evil is a Point of View

Location: Banja Luka - San Francisco - Washington DC - Taipei - Damascus - Amman - Jakarta - Seoul
Likes (Received): 5225

Some of the statements written here by my fellow Europeans are disgusting. How dare you insult another mans faith. How dare you criticize another mans way of life. Where is your grand European understanding you backless imperialist dogs? You dare speak of freedoms yet you trample upon others ideals. You hide behind a veneer of a hollow concept of personal rights.

You impose your style of government on nations and states. Expect people to follow your way of life. Impose global domination upon the thousands of tribes of man. Europe should be ashamed of itself. How dare you speak of democracy and freedom of speech you who started the bloodiest conflicts in history of man. How dare you impose your ideals you who butchered millions and destroyed cultures in the name of enlightenment

Europe be ashamed because what I have read here this is you darkest hour. You no longer can claim to stand for anything but bigotry and anti-racial policies. Europe be ashamed for your thoughts exposed here speak clearer then your perceived ideology. You stand for only one thing the Western European Global Order.

ONE WORD – ONE CULTURE – ONE IDEAL

Your fascist drums sound louder then ever.

“The Roots of Violence: Wealth without work, Pleasure without conscience, Knowledge without character, Commerce without morality, Science without humanity, Worship without sacrifice, Politics without principles” - Mahatma Gandhi

LordMarshall está en línea ahora  
Old January 28th, 2006, 12:52 AM   #93
Towers
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Oh yes it is...

fine if you say it too yourself nobody cares. but if you say it to a muslims face, he has the given right to kick your balls until they break
Towers no está en línea  
Old January 28th, 2006, 01:04 AM   #94
DonQui
BANNED

Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyevildude
In all fairness, Christian - Particularly in America, are just as bad when it comes to any form of freedom of expression that they find 'offensive'. Look through the churchs comdemnation of heavy metal for proof of this. Burning copies of Iron maidens The Number of The Beast showed no only a lack of belief in freedom of speech, but also a complete lack of understanding as Iron Maiden are a somewhat christian band and The Number of the Beast is an anti-satan album.
Bullshit and you know this. We do not have honor killings in the US, discriminate women because they are inherently inferior, nor incarcerate and execute people because they are gay.

Last edited by DonQui; January 28th, 2006 at 01:09 AM.
DonQui no está en línea  
Old January 28th, 2006, 01:04 AM   #95
montecristo

I think people are little bit overheated here.

Lord Marshall you are a little bit harsh and extremistic.

Most european are against racism and mostly well balanced.

Two WW tought us to be.

It seems to me that the seed of hate comes from somewhere else on the other side from the seaside probably.

To teach kids anti racism feelings is an absolut priority in every country of the world and any kind of freedom of speech is more important than this.
Therefore i find a real scandal the behaviour of the danish and norwegian governement.
Old January 28th, 2006, 01:07 AM   #96
LordMarshall
Evil is a Point of View

Location: Banja Luka - San Francisco - Washington DC - Taipei - Damascus - Amman - Jakarta - Seoul
Likes (Received): 5225

I wrote what i saw here and it made me ashamed of my European heritage.

statments by some of the people here from Europe are unacceptable. if they value what they say they do then they should have not made some of the coments that they did.

i stand by my statment, and if you view it as more extremistic then i am sadened that you have failed to see what our fellow Europeans wrote here.

“The Roots of Violence: Wealth without work, Pleasure without conscience, Knowledge without character, Commerce without morality, Science without humanity, Worship without sacrifice, Politics without principles” - Mahatma Gandhi

LordMarshall está en línea ahora  
Old January 28th, 2006, 01:11 AM   #97
montecristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQui
Bullshit and you know this. We do not have honor killings in the US, discriminate women because they are inherently inferior, not incarcerate and execute people that are gay.

You american still have death penalty and use it commonly.

You american have one of the most discriminating system against black people. And you had it since centuries.

Long list could follow.
Old January 28th, 2006, 01:12 AM   #98
Köbtke

Likes (Received): 198

This is getting ridiculous. Some people appareantly can't see that it's not the Danish or Norwegian governments and it's not the Danish or Norwegian people who've posted the or drawn the pictures.

And the governments can't do anything about it, so how can their behavior be a scandal?

This has nothing to do with "trampling" on Muslims or anyone elses' rights. No one has attacked Islam, or said that Muslims are inferior, or shouldn't be allowed every right to practice their religion and their way of life. 12 individual persons and a newspaper have drawn and printed pictures of Mohammed, and many Muslims have taken offence by this, and are complaining. Which they have every right to do.

And to say Denmark is a racist or xenophobic country in general is simply idiotic I can only take it that Dansk Folkeparti ha succeeded in giving us a bad reputation some places.
Köbtke no está en línea  
Old January 28th, 2006, 01:13 AM   #99
reignman
+90 TR - Eurasia

Likes (Received): 3

I support this boycott, actually we dont use any danish products here. (by the way i think kinder is a swiss company)

Some guys need to know that freedom of speech not same with freedom of insult. This is an obvious insult to Islam and I dont understand why you insist about this "freedom of speech" crap.

Last edited by reignman; January 28th, 2006 at 01:21 AM.
reignman no está en línea  
Old January 28th, 2006, 01:18 AM   #100
montecristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordMarshall
I wrote what i saw here and it made me ashamed of my European heritage.

statments by some of the people here from Europe are unacceptable. if they value what they say they do then they should have not made some of the coments that they did.

i stand by my statment, and if you view it as more extremistic then i am sadened that you have failed to see what our fellow Europeans wrote here.
Generalization is the best path for extremism.

Europe is, mostly, a solid anti racism and anti religious discrimination stronghold of the world.

I find statement of my european felows unaceptable too.
But that should not lead to more hate. It's not necessary.

Closed Thread