daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > دار زايـــد United Arab Emirates

دار زايـــد United Arab Emirates The exciting new world in Dubai , Abu Dhabi and other Emirates

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old January 30th, 2006, 11:22 PM   #1
Hviid
Positivist

Likes (Received): 79

Honourable Citizens of The Muslim World (from Jyllands-Posten)

From Jyllands-Posten (www.jp.dk)

Honourable Citizens of The Muslim World
Morgenavisen Jyllands-Posten is a strong proponent of democracy and freedom of religion. The newspaper respects the right of any human being to practise his or her religion. Serious misunderstandings in respect of some drawings of the Prophet Mohammed have led to much anger and, lately, also boycott of Danish goods in Muslim countries.

Please allow me to correct these misunderstandings.
On 30 September last year, Morgenavisen Jyllands-Posten published 12 different cartoonists' idea of what the Prophet Mohammed might have looked like. The initiative was taken as part of an ongoing public debate on freedom of expression, a freedom much cherished in Denmark.

In our opinion, the 12 drawings were sober. They were not intended to be offensive, nor were they at variance with Danish law, but they have indisputably offended many Muslims for which we apologize.

Since then a number of offensive drawings have circulated in The Middle East which have never been published in Morgenavisen Jyllands-Posten and which we would never have published, had they been offered to us. We would have refused to publish them on the grounds that they violated our ethical code.

Morgenavisen Jyllands-Posten attaches importance to upholding the highest ethical standards based upon the respect of our fundamental values. It is so much more deplorable, therefore, that these drawings were presented as if they had anything to do with Morgenavisen Jyllands-Posten.

Maybe because of culturally based misunderstandings, the initiative to publish the 12 drawings has been interpreted as a campaign against Muslims in Denmark and the rest of the world.

I must categorically dismiss such an interpretation. Because of the very fact that we are strong proponents of the freedom of religion and because we respect the right of any human being to practise his or her religion, offending anybody on the grounds of their religious beliefs is unthinkable to us.

That this happened was, consequently, unintentional.

As a result of the debate that has been going on about the drawings, we have met with representatives of Danish Muslims, and these meetings were held in a positive and constructive spirit. We have also sought in other ways to initiate a fruitful dialogue with Danish Muslims.

It is the wish of Morgenavisen Jyllands-Posten that various ethnic groups should live in peace and harmony with each other and that the debates and disagreements which will always exist in a dynamic society should do so in an atmosphere of mutual respect.

For that reason, Morgenavisen Jyllands-Posten has published many articles describing the positive aspects of integration, for example in a special supplement entitled The Contributors. It portrayed a number of Muslims who have had success in Denmark. The supplement was rewarded by the EU Commission.

Morgenavisen Jyllands-Posten takes exception to symbolic acts suited to demonise specific nationalities, religions and ethnic groups.

Sincerely yours

Carsten Juste
Editor-in-Chief

---------------------------------

Good enough?

Sponsored Links
Old January 30th, 2006, 11:33 PM   #2
Red aRRow
Kickin arse since 19xx

Likes (Received): 340

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLL_4ever
From Jyllands-Posten (www.jp.dk)

In our opinion, the 12 drawings were sober. They were not intended to be offensive, nor were they at variance with Danish law, but they have indisputably offended many Muslims for which we apologize.
Well good enough for me.

I wonder whether the Norwegian right wing paper is going to follow with their apology??
Red aRRow no está en línea  
Old January 30th, 2006, 11:42 PM   #3
Hviid
Positivist

Likes (Received): 79

Remember not to get this mixed up (again)... They are NOT apologizing for publishing the cartoons, they are apologizing for the fact that those cartoons have unintentionally offended so many muslims. Thats it.
Old January 30th, 2006, 11:42 PM   #4
Saif

Likes (Received): 2

well its a trick, they are saying "for which we apologize", which here is refering to what??

anyway its not good enough, but i think it will ease the tention and showed that Newspaper is pissing in their pants to get this matter solved and trying hard to hide that they dont regret publishing them ( i think they wont publish them in the future)

very different style of speach comparing it the the first one where they are proudly saying we will not apologize
Old January 31st, 2006, 01:01 AM   #5
XREX

Likes (Received): 0

بيل كلينتون : ما قامت به الصحف الدنماركية عمل يسيء للإسلام

انتقد الرئيس الأميركي السابق بيل كلينتون بشدة الرسوم الكاريكاتورية الساخرة التي نشرتها بعض الصحف الدنماركية وتناولت النبي محمد "ص"

ووصف بيل كلينتون في حديث له أمام مؤتمر "إثراء المستقبل الاقتصادي للشرق الأوسط" الذي بدا أعماله في الدوحة اليوم ما نشرته الصحف الدنماركية من رسوم كاريكاتورية ساخرة بأنه عمل مسيئ للإسلام وللرسول

وقال كلينتون أن معظم الصراعات التي شهدتها أوروبا طيلة السنوات الخمسين الماضية كان أساسها القضاء على الأفكار والمعتقدات والحملات المعادية للأديان واستبدلتها الدنمارك بهذا العمل السيئ بمعاداة الإسلام

كما انتقد كلينتون التهجم على ديانة بأكملها وعلى عقيدة كاملة مثل العقيدة الإسلامية من خلال آراء فردية استغلت الصحافة لتعبر عما في نفسها، مشيرا إلى أن بعض دول العالم ومنها أوروبا لا تزال حتى الآن تجهل تعاليم الدين الإسلامي الذي يدعوا إلى التسامح والخير للبشرية

Former president Bill Clinton warned of rising anti-Islamic prejudice, comparing it to historic anti-Semitism as he condemned the publishing of the cartoons.

"So now what are we going to do? ... Replace the anti-Semitic prejudice with anti-Islamic prejudice?" he said at an economic conference in the Qatari capital of Doha.

"In Europe, most of the struggles we've had in the past 50 years have been to fight prejudices against Jews, to fight against anti-Semitism," he said.

Clinton described the cartoons as "appalling".

"None of us are totally free of stereotypes about people of different races, different ethnic groups, and different religions ... there was this appalling example in northern Europe, in Denmark ... these totally outrageous cartoons against Islam," he said.

Clinton criticized the tendency to generalize negative news of Islam.

"Because people see headlines that they don't like [they will] apply that to a whole religion, a whole faith, a whole region and a whole people?" he asked.

=========

A poll published on Saturday "in Denmark" showed that a majority of Danes felt their government should not apologize over the cartoons.

Last edited by XREX; January 31st, 2006 at 01:08 AM.
XREX no está en línea  
Old January 31st, 2006, 01:09 AM   #6
SuperDog
BANNED

Personally I have become more intollerant towards muslims ( in particular) and all religions in general. What does the creator of the universe have to do with man's foolishness? Where was Allah and his sidekick Mohamed when the pilgrims got trampeled in Mecca?

For me religion is the work of the devil.(not even the devil exsist in my book)
SuperDog no está en línea  
Old January 31st, 2006, 01:35 AM   #7
Lord Xenu
Genocidal God

Quote:
Originally Posted by XREX
بيل كلينتون : ما قامت به الصحف الدنماركية عمل يسيء للإسلام

انتقد الرئيس الأميركي السابق بيل كلينتون بشدة الرسوم الكاريكاتورية الساخرة التي نشرتها بعض الصحف الدنماركية وتناولت النبي محمد.

ووصف بيل كلينتون في حديث له أمام مؤتمر "إثراء المستقبل الاقتصادي للشرق الأوسط" الذي بدا أعماله في الدوحة اليوم ما نشرته الصحف الدنماركية من رسوم كاريكاتورية ساخرة بأنه عمل مسيئ للإسلام وللرسول.

وقال كلينتون أن معظم الصراعات التي شهدتها أوروبا طيلة السنوات الخمسين الماضية كان أساسها القضاء على الأفكار والمعتقدات والحملات المعادية للأديان واستبدلتها الدنمارك بهذا العمل السيئ بمعاداة الإسلام.

كما انتقد كلينتون التهجم على ديانة بأكملها وعلى عقيدة كاملة مثل العقيدة الإسلامية من خلال آراء فردية استغلت الصحافة لتعبر عما في نفسها، مشيرا إلى أن بعض دول العالم ومنها أوروبا لا تزال حتى الآن تجهل تعاليم الدين الإسلامي الذي يدعوا إلى التسامح والخير للبشرية

Former president Bill Clinton warned of rising anti-Islamic prejudice, comparing it to historic anti-Semitism as he condemned the publishing of the cartoons.

"So now what are we going to do? ... Replace the anti-Semitic prejudice with anti-Islamic prejudice?" he said at an economic conference in the Qatari capital of Doha.

"In Europe, most of the struggles we've had in the past 50 years have been to fight prejudices against Jews, to fight against anti-Semitism," he said.

Clinton described the cartoons as "appalling".

"None of us are totally free of stereotypes about people of different races, different ethnic groups, and different religions ... there was this appalling example in northern Europe, in Denmark ... these totally outrageous cartoons against Islam," he said.

Clinton criticized the tendency to generalize negative news of Islam.

"Because people see headlines that they don't like [they will] apply that to a whole religion, a whole faith, a whole region and a whole people?" he asked.

=========

A poll published on Saturday "in Denmark" showed that a majority of Danes felt their government should not apologize over the cartoons.

Finally, someone who compares Anti-Jewism with Anti-Arab/Islamism

Regarding freedom of speech in europe, the only thing you need to know is saying: "The holocaust is exagerated" will put you behind bars for 10-20 years in most countries.

شو هذا ياعالم؟ شو ما تتحملون مسخرة؟
Old January 31st, 2006, 05:59 AM   #8
Sydney-2006

In the west, anti-Semitic is a crime while anti-Islam is acceptable and is classified as freedom of speech, and any challenge to this reality is faced with accusations of being backward and against freedom of speech……what hypocrisy!!!
Sydney-2006 no está en línea  
Old January 31st, 2006, 06:22 AM   #9
Hosain85

Likes (Received):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney-2006
In the west, anti-Semitic is a crime while anti-Islam is acceptable and is classified as freedom of speech, and any challenge to this reality is faced with accusations of being backward and against freedom of speech……what hypocrisy!!!
Word

Old January 31st, 2006, 09:09 AM   #10
Red aRRow
Kickin arse since 19xx

Likes (Received): 340

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLL_4ever
Remember not to get this mixed up (again)... They are NOT apologizing for publishing the cartoons, they are apologizing for the fact that those cartoons have unintentionally offended so many muslims. Thats it.
Well then Carsten Juste can shove it up his bunghole.
Red aRRow no está en línea  
Old January 31st, 2006, 09:13 AM   #11
DarkBlueBoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDog
Personally I have become more intollerant towards muslims ( in particular) and all religions in general. What does the creator of the universe have to do with man's foolishness? Where was Allah and his sidekick Mohamed when the pilgrims got trampeled in Mecca?

i dont care what everyone will think of my comment, but YOU WILL BURN IN HELL ....

"sidekick" u little turd, ur calling him a side kick,
and ur questioning " where was allah " istagfarallah

u no better than any other animal denouncing religion, what makes u different than animals, who just eat, sleep, shit, and ****....

He is the loving grandfather, leading the prayers in the mosque while His infant grandson clambers upon His shoulders.

He is the only Man to have journeyed to heaven and back.

He is the Hero of Heroes.
DarkBlueBoss no está en línea  
Old January 31st, 2006, 12:02 PM   #12
cyborg81
BANNED

Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDog

BURN IN HELL u superdog,ur actually a SUPERPIG!!!!

that's what u get for insulting people's religion and their followers u commie retard.
cyborg81 no está en línea  
Old January 31st, 2006, 12:08 PM   #13
smussuw
Patriotic Emirati

Likes (Received): 533

I dont know what is the point here. Denmark has the worst reputation now in the Islamic world.

Apologizing wouldnt make any difference.
smussuw no está en línea  
Old January 31st, 2006, 12:11 PM   #14
smussuw
Patriotic Emirati

Funny how nestle had this full page advertizemnet telling us that their products are not Danish

Another Danish company said that it has no relation with what was written.
smussuw no está en línea  
Old January 31st, 2006, 12:19 PM   #15
cyborg81
BANNED

Likes (Received): 8

now the EU is backing denmark,i reckon there should be a complete boycott of goods and products made in the EU.emirates should cancel all the orders on the aircrafts purchased from AIRBUS and go with BOEING,all military orders should be cancelled as well not to mention several multi-billion dollar investments maybe trillions should be withdrawn and we should wait and see how their belly turns upside down.these countries economic growth will go into reverse gear.
cyborg81 no está en línea  
Old January 31st, 2006, 12:52 PM   #16
Bikes
sababa

Likes (Received): 2776

"Denmark has the worst reputation now in the Islamic world"
Really?

I could tell you million worse examples than these drawings, but rather not, if you could only get more proxies you could have seen them as well. This is the most stupid thing ever, the ignorance is infinite. You know smussuw, this is called generalising, and this is racism. Just as stupid as calling muslims terrorists judging by the london bombing. I hope you understand.
Old January 31st, 2006, 12:56 PM   #17
smussuw
Patriotic Emirati

^ It is a fact that Denmark has the worst reputation now in the Islamic world.

of course there are a load of other countries with bad reputation like US, UK and France.

the fashion now is Denmark

Generlizing is like saying all the danish are bad which has never happened.

searching for information has never been difficult for me so proxies arent really an issue.

Last edited by smussuw; January 31st, 2006 at 01:02 PM.
smussuw no está en línea  
Old January 31st, 2006, 01:07 PM   #18
Bikes
sababa

Tell me that saying Denmark has the worst reputation is not a generalisation on the whole population?
Old January 31st, 2006, 01:09 PM   #19
smussuw
Patriotic Emirati

^ I am telling u
smussuw no está en línea  
Old January 31st, 2006, 01:12 PM   #20
Bikes
sababa

If you ask me, i would be insulted if they boycotted our country because of my two stupid countryman....

Closed Thread