daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Low-Rise

Low-Rise projects with ten floors or less

Old October 21st, 2003, 02:26 PM   #1
baqthier
RISING LIKE A SPIRE!

Likes (Received): 8

KUALA LUMPUR CONVENTION CENTRE | Kuala Lumpur (KLCC) | Completed (2003)

From KLCC Website
http://www.klcc.com.my/KLCCWeb/Web2003.nsf/?Open

"The proposed hotel is conceived as a 4 star hotel which is seamlessly integrated with the Convention Centre. It will provide accommodation not only for convention and exhibition delegates but will also cater for visiting business people to the Kuala Lumpur City Centre precinct generally.

Located at the eastern wing of the Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre, the hotel has been configured with two wings serviced by a central elevator core. The stepping building mass minimizes overshadowing of the park, while the first level of accommodation rooms at Level 11 are elevated above the Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre roofs to enable full access to the park and precinct views.

The taller wing provides for uninterrupted views to the park and allows for the most advantageous solar orientation. This wing contains various types of guest rooms between Level 11 and Level 32 with the uppermost level accommodating the gym, swimming pool, steam and dry sauna and spa facilities.

The lower east and west wing contains approximately 9 rooms per floor between Level 11 and 26. The facade is modelled to have views of the park and is protected by sunscreens.

Entry to the hotel is via the hotel entrance hall, which is a transit arrival space, from where guests will be directed to public lifts to take them to the registration desk located at the sky lounge at Level 5.

Taxi, bus and vehicle access to the hotel is via Persiaran KLCC. A porte cochere will provide for taxi and bus set down at street level.

· Sky Lobby Main Reception on Level 5 and dedicated Group Reception on Level 1.
· Buffet and signature restaurants and park view lounge on higher levels.
· Business centre with private meeting rooms.
· Swimming pool, children wading pool, gym, steam and dry sauna facilities on rooftop.
· Direct internal access to Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre.
· Dedicated parking for hotel guests. "
baqthier no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old October 21st, 2003, 03:30 PM   #2
dtkoh

Likes (Received): 0

Is it the Traders Hotel?
dtkoh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2003, 04:00 PM   #3
baqthier
RISING LIKE A SPIRE!

Not sure. Can't find any news either
Old October 21st, 2003, 05:32 PM   #4
szehoong
M O D E R A T O R

Likes (Received): 1053

Quote:
Originally posted by dtkoh

Is it the Traders Hotel?
Yes! According to KLCC (in an article)....it would be Traders Hotel (part of Shangri-La Hotels Group).
szehoong no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2003, 05:34 PM   #5
szehoong
M O D E R A T O R

BAQ!!! I saw it first!....arggghhh....you beat me into posting this......hehehe

joking onli.....hehhe......they are now pretty fast into construction.....
Old October 22nd, 2003, 02:53 AM   #6
ZaHiRnYa???
you are you and i am me..

Likes (Received): 45

Quote:
Originally posted by szehoong

BAQ!!! I saw it first!....arggghhh....you beat me into posting this......hehehe

joking onli.....hehhe......they are now pretty fast into construction.....
Szehoong, the article already been inside the KLCC website ages ago la...how come you didn't notice at all That's is why Baq managed to beat you.

Yeah, the construction is damn fast...but do you know which one is more faster ? The mysterious one beside Singaporean Embassy. I swear that is no single information about it. Did you manage to get any ?
Old October 22nd, 2003, 03:31 AM   #7
szehoong
M O D E R A T O R

Quote:
Originally posted by ZaHiRnYa???

Szehoong, the article already been inside the KLCC website ages ago la...how come you didn't notice at all That's is why Baq managed to beat you.

Yeah, the construction is damn fast...but do you know which one is more faster ? The mysterious one beside Singaporean Embassy. I swear that is no single information about it. Did you manage to get any ?
Actually I managed only to have seen it yesterday before I got home from office. I didn't know they actually 'update' the website as it had been like that for ages........well......just an instinct to check it out yday afternoon.

Nope....I did not managed to get any info on the one next to Sporean High Comm.......
Old October 22nd, 2003, 04:06 AM   #8
baqthier
RISING LIKE A SPIRE!

Hehe, they just update it on the 9th
Usually they would state the height in metres lah for their project skyscrapers, bu this one is unavailable. What do you guys think of the design? I think this one looks fine but kinda different. Anyway, that's what I like about the KL, lotsa different taste combined into one skyline.
Old October 22nd, 2003, 04:00 PM   #9
SEED

Likes (Received): 4

men... hope it get build fast!!!! the Aquarium thingz inda canvention centre must be super mad yo
SEED no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2003, 03:26 PM   #10
TYW
Penang Skyscrapers Hunter

Likes (Received): 16

wow!! it looks like the convention centre abit

"the said Municipality of George Town shall on the First Day of January in the Year of our Lord one thousand nine hundred and fifty seven and forever thereafter be a city and shall be called and styled the CITY OF GEORGE TOWN instead of the Municipality of George Town and shall thenceforth have all such rank, liberties, privileges and immunities as are incident to a city." - Queen Elizabeth II
TYW no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2003, 02:22 AM   #11
ZaHiRnYa???
you are you and i am me..

Likes (Received): 45

Quote:

Nope....I did not managed to get any info on the one next to Sporean High Comm.......
I passed thru that site yesterday and found out bout the mysterious construction after all. It will be a construction of 2 block 20 storey condominium and 3 storey annexe building. There's no rendering yet cause the developer just put the sign 2 days ago after a month into construction.

Mmm...3 different condominium construction at the same time, all near to each other. How interesting

Last edited by ZaHiRnYa???; November 2nd, 2003 at 06:16 AM.
ZaHiRnYa??? no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2004, 10:41 AM   #12
baqthier
RISING LIKE A SPIRE!

Latest aerial of KLCC Convention Center

I took on the 5th of January from Menara KL!

Old January 13th, 2004, 11:20 AM   #13
szehoong
M O D E R A T O R

Re: Latest aerial of KLCC Convention Center

Quote:
Originally posted by baqthier

I took on the 5th of January from Menara KL!

Nice pix! Waiting more from ya!
Old January 14th, 2004, 06:40 PM   #14
SEED

Likes (Received): 4

GO KLCC Cenvention centre!!!! cant wait to see it goes up another stori!!!
SEED no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2004, 09:36 AM   #15
szehoong
M O D E R A T O R

Quote:
Originally posted by SEED

GO KLCC Cenvention centre!!!! cant wait to see it goes up another stori!!!
well....you'll be seeing more of it soon as they are kinda fast building this thing........and they uses steel so it would be pretty fast.....
Old January 16th, 2004, 04:30 PM   #16
TYW
Penang Skyscrapers Hunter

Likes (Received): 16

wah, so near exxon mobil.

"the said Municipality of George Town shall on the First Day of January in the Year of our Lord one thousand nine hundred and fifty seven and forever thereafter be a city and shall be called and styled the CITY OF GEORGE TOWN instead of the Municipality of George Town and shall thenceforth have all such rank, liberties, privileges and immunities as are incident to a city." - Queen Elizabeth II
TYW no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2004, 04:23 AM   #17
Blabbyboy
Melbourne Zealot

Likes (Received): 2

Any renders of what it looks like when finished?
Old February 3rd, 2004, 07:03 AM   #18
archilless

Likes (Received):

Quote:

well....you'll be seeing more of it soon as they are kinda fast building this thing........and they uses steel so it would be pretty fast.....
it's very hard to get steel nowday.. i heard gov agreed in price increase for steel product soon... and our greedy supplier hold their delivery until the new price officially anounced..

even my project (stadium tun razak upgrade) also susah mau cari those steel..
Old February 3rd, 2004, 06:16 PM   #19
szehoong
M O D E R A T O R

Quote:
Originally posted by archilless

it's very hard to get steel nowday.. i heard gov agreed in price increase for steel product soon... and our greedy supplier hold their delivery until the new price officially anounced..

even my project (stadium tun razak upgrade) also susah mau cari those steel..
aiyoh...if like dat...luckily not many projects used em in large proportion like this one......
Old February 18th, 2004, 04:46 AM   #20
baqthier
RISING LIKE A SPIRE!

The KLCC Convention Center Complex THREAD

http://www.klcc.com.my

"The latest addition to the KLCC development precinct will be the Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre. Planned to attract regional and international conventions, trade shows, public exhibitions, dinner functions and sporting events; the centre comprises a 3,000-seat plenary hall, 500-seat theatre, 110,000 square feet (10,000 square metres) of exhibition space, large conference halls, grand ballroom, banquet hall and 19 meeting rooms. Complementary facilities to be provided include VVIP suites, media room, business centre, bridal suites, prayer rooms, medical room, AV production rooms, concierge and luggage rooms.
A retail space for food outlets with over 200 seats, family restaurant, café, travel agency and bureau d'change will also be included. The convention centre will incorporate a large aquarium that focuses on "edu-tainment"; a truly unique underwater experience with extensive use of multi-media technologies that integrates technology, education and entertainment. To be developed as part of the convention centre complex is a 600-room four-star hotel that provides a convenient accommodation for convention business delegates.

This landmark development will be equipped with state-of-the-art data network, structured cabling, wireless LAN, telecommunication and digital audiovisual facilities, which give flexibility for delegates to access more material and stay connected to their home base. These facilities shall establish a new benchmark for a convention venue.

The Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre, together with the existing Mandarin Oriental Kuala Lumpur and the shopping and entertainment facilities of Suria KLCC complex provide a unique integrated precinct that can cater to needs of international and local convention and exhibition centre delegates.

The Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre and the proposed hotel is an exciting addition to Kuala Lumpur, justifying the claim that KLCC is one of the most important urban spaces in the world.
"