daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > South > South India Projects > Karnataka > Hubli-Dharwad

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 31st, 2014, 01:31 PM   #2381
ajay ramchandran

Likes (Received): 635

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manjunath kasigavi View Post
In collaboration with some indian brand I believe.. same was the case with Easyday (Walmart in collaboration with Bharti Airtel)
I can think of only Auchan/SPAR. Walmart I think has almost given up regarding its entry to India.Indian govt has put several restrictions and they are not happy. Things might change. TESCO is eyeing India too.Walmart is know as ASDA here.They have their presence in poorer areas of UK and their items are substandard too but cheaper. Sainsbury has its presence in good areas . Waitrose,Marks and spencer and Sainsbury target the premium customers and their quality is far better than Asda ,Tesco ,Lidl or Spar.TESCO is rated above ASDA.

If you find a posh city in India ...you are in Dakshina Kannada ,Yes you are in Mangaluru.

Restaurants ,coffee shops,Pubs ,Night clubs,Wine malls....you will find here
The clean city.Already a Smart city in India with regard to Solid waste management
The Banking city,known as cradle of India's banking Industry.
The Educational/Health Hub..Home to two of the best educational Institutions of India.
The Mall City.Will soon have the 1.3 million sq feet European Lotus Mall .
The Ice cream city of India.
The Emerging Petro/IT hub

ajay ramchandran no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old August 31st, 2014, 02:02 PM   #2382
sujaysjn
Hoo-Balli Singa-Pura

Likes (Received): 1237

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay ramchandran View Post

I can think of only Auchan/SPAR. Waitrose,Marks and spencer and Sainsbury target the premium customers and their quality is far better than Asda ,Tesco ,Lidl or Spar.TESCO is rated above ASDA.
Somerfield is also a good chain of retails in UK. When I was in London between 2007-2009 I was regular customer of them and some tmes Tesco and Sciencebury..
Old August 31st, 2014, 08:47 PM   #2383
ajay ramchandran

Likes (Received): 635

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujaysjn View Post
Somerfield is also a good chain of retails in UK. When I was in London between 2007-2009 I was regular customer of them and some tmes Tesco and Sciencebury..
Would place Somerfield with Lidl and spar.

For Food Marks and spencer is good,would say excellent followed by Waitrose and Sainsbury. Marks is very expensive but you pay for quality.Similarly Waitrose and Sainsbury are good but cheaper than Marks. When it comes to fruits ,vegetables and and food items the above three make a difference but they are more expensive too.

Marks and spencer will soon be entering the food segment in India.
The location of supermarkets in the UK is very class based! I am afraid to state that.That is how they run their business and attract customers.It took me so many years to realise that.Infact never thought about it during the first 10 years .

If you find a posh city in India ...you are in Dakshina Kannada ,Yes you are in Mangaluru.

Restaurants ,coffee shops,Pubs ,Night clubs,Wine malls....you will find here
The clean city.Already a Smart city in India with regard to Solid waste management
The Banking city,known as cradle of India's banking Industry.
The Educational/Health Hub..Home to two of the best educational Institutions of India.
The Mall City.Will soon have the 1.3 million sq feet European Lotus Mall .
The Ice cream city of India.
The Emerging Petro/IT hub

Last edited by ajay ramchandran; August 31st, 2014 at 08:53 PM.
ajay ramchandran no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2014, 01:44 AM   #2384
sujaysjn
Hoo-Balli Singa-Pura

Likes (Received): 1237

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay ramchandran View Post
Would place Somerfield with Lidl and spar.

For Food Marks and spencer is good,would say excellent followed by Waitrose and Sainsbury. Marks is very expensive but you pay for quality.Similarly Waitrose and Sainsbury are good but cheaper than Marks. When it comes to fruits ,vegetables and and food items the above three make a difference but they are more expensive too.

Marks and spencer will soon be entering the food segment in India.
The location of supermarkets in the UK is very class based! I am afraid to state that.That is how they run their business and attract customers.It took me so many years to realise that.Infact never thought about it during the first 10 years .
I completely agree with you. That's how the retails run their business.World's second biggest retail hypermarkets french Carrefore withdrew its service from here in Singapore and other Asian countries last year after losses for successive years. Where as Malaysian hypermarket Giant is running successfully in that place. For successful business they need to understand the in and out of the people of that region..

ajay ramchandran liked this post
sujaysjn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2014, 04:28 PM   #2385
Manjunath kasigavi

Likes (Received): 675

"Subway" to open soon in Hubli....
Manjunath kasigavi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2014, 08:00 PM   #2386
gouravrattihalli

Likes (Received): 22

Quote:
Where?
gouravrattihalli no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2014, 04:29 PM   #2387
rtatscrape
The Hublite

Likes (Received): 62

Quote:
Please specify the location
Old September 16th, 2014, 07:39 PM   #2388
prashanth.0619r

Likes (Received): 530

Hubli gets spa with fish therapy

HUBLI: Barefoot Buddies here has introduced a natural foot exfoliation treatment by tiny doctor fish at the Fish Spa, the first of its kind in North Karnataka, at the Urban Oasis Mall.

Fish Spa is a natural pedicure from Turkey and many people in the UK, Thailand and Japan use it on a weekly basis. Garra Rufa fish are used in it.

Sunil Patil, one of the Spa's founder, said he got the idea for the venture during his visit to Hyderabad and Bangalore 6 months ago. "When I saw how good it is, I felt I should start it in my home town," he said. Shiv Biradar, the co-founder, said he was impressed by the idea. "Both of us worked on the plan for two months and collected the required information," he said.

Both said Garra Rufa fish, also called Doctor Fish, nibbles away the dead skin. "As Garra Rufa fish don't have teeth, they just nibble and there's no fear of suffering a bite. The treatment is absolutely painless and it stimulates acupuncture points that improve blood circulation and regulate the nervous system," they said.

Shiv said hygiene is their highest priority. "The Garra Rufa fish don't transfer diseases to humans. We ensure that the person's feet are carefully washed and examined before treatment. Moreover, the aquariums are installed with powerful filters which sterilize water more than eight times per hour," he said.

He added that people suffering from injuries in legs and those with skin diseases are not allowed to get the pedicure done.

Entrepreneur Vikas Solanki, who has got the treatment done, said it's a safe process to eliminate stress. "In Hubli, it's cheaper compared to spas in Bangalore and other cities," he said. Businessman Vijay Matti said it's a thrilling experience. "I plan to take my friends to the spa," he added.

Allabhaksh, Veena Daniel and other visitors said one should have at least 4-5 sittings to get the full benefit of this therapy.
Stay updated on the go with The Times of India’s mobile apps. Click here to download it for your device.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/C...w/42637729.cms
prashanth.0619r no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2014, 11:26 AM   #2389
mangalore mania
Indian First

Likes (Received): 2222

Changing from Enjoying the Mangalore's rise to Karnataka's Pride

Mangalore Forum
mangalore mania no está en línea   Reply With Quote