daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Pengangkutan

Pengangkutan aviation, automotive, rail and urban transportation

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 9th, 2005, 12:11 AM   #1
bobdikl

Likes (Received): 1

MAJU EXPRESSWAY (MEX) | formerly KL-Putrajaya Highway | E20

http://www.sripetaling.net/
bobdikl no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old October 9th, 2005, 01:41 AM   #2
Vince
Vince

Likes (Received): 516

Elevated highway? what for? Encouraging people to drive smoothly to the administration centre instead of taking the mass transit? Or to facilitate the tuns and datos to travel smoothly into KL for their own whims and fancies, so that they can get off work at 3pm and dine in a "fine establishment" downtown KL? In my opinion, another gross example of wasted public funds, just like the proposed LRT in Putrajaya, especially when so much of Malaysia needs repairing and upgrade.
Vince no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2005, 10:28 PM   #3
Lastresorter
Mi I.Ali - Loca Stoopa

Likes (Received): 2

The only solution for all these... sack the "one" who's responsible for all these flaws... I don't care if he even roars in Sg. Siput...
Lastresorter no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2005, 02:52 AM   #4
bobdikl

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Elevated highway? what for? Encouraging people to drive smoothly to the administration centre instead of taking the mass transit? Or to facilitate the tuns and datos to travel smoothly into KL for their own whims and fancies, so that they can get off work at 3pm and dine in a "fine establishment" downtown KL? In my opinion, another gross example of wasted public funds, just like the proposed LRT in Putrajaya, especially when so much of Malaysia needs repairing and upgrade.
I just have to agree with you this time about the Elevated highway....
First class expressways are everywhere, particularly in the Klang Valley, we are not in shortage of highways including the putrajaya. In fact I strongly think we need to significantly reduce the cars and the highways by converting them into exclusive for mass modern buses/taxis use only and then implementing the high congestion charge. It is completely pointless to think they can solve other cities' traffic, if they can't even solve the capital's problems. The KL metro system is never a priority and it actually desperately in need fund for additional expansion, and there is a soon to be completed metro system to join putrajaya and the rest of the Klang valley. Yes the current ERL rail express service is ridiculously expensive, so I believe the highways cash would be more appropriate to spend on subsidizing the ordinary commuters in the capital.
Maybe the MPs and the datuk-datin favour to drive then taking the metro rail to shop/parliment's service in the downtown. Afterall they are just Malaysian. They might think they're the master and the men or women of very important than ordinary people! ..... this would certainly contribute to their properties market value at the expense of the environment.
bobdikl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2005, 09:03 AM   #5
szehoong
M O D E R A T O R

Likes (Received): 1140

This is the only highway project that I totally object especially given the proximity of the highway to the houses. I've been following this saga since day one and it is very disheartening to see our minister turning a blind eye to the issue

I actually have no problem with the highway initially as I've studied the alignment and the ROW of the highway because it would no doubt relieve the traffic in certain highways heading south. However this highway should have turn-offs and interchanges at certain points (like Jalan Loke Yew and TPM) to be considered an effective traffic solution. But if they do not then I think this is a totally waste of money. There is a benefit of doubt but we shouldn't write off the original proposal as yet as I haven't seen the current alignment as yet
Old October 11th, 2005, 11:34 AM   #6
globocentric

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince

Completely agree. Putrajaya is already a project fraught with impunity and this damn highway is designed to complement it. These bunch of incompetent officers will continue to feed their appetite with more luxuries using taxpayers money while being grossly indifferent to the infrastructure of other cities that badly needs upgrading. I wonder how long they can sustain treating the population like a bunch of idiots
globocentric no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2005, 12:00 PM   #7
szehoong
M O D E R A T O R

Likes (Received): 1140

Let's us all try at least to understand the entire scope of this project before jumping into the anti-Putrajaya (or at least the anti-Putrajaya Highway) camp. How many of you guys actually do know the actual alignment of the project? If you must criticise at least make it a constructive one lah
Old October 11th, 2005, 12:11 PM   #8
James Foong

Reallignment will be near impossible. Mayb they hv to suggest to built underpass highway on that section. That's would eliminate many safety concerns. In my view, whether it is a waste project or not, we still hv to build this one day. Perhaps here, we need to pay for the high price of d past blunders here. Somethg must be done to minimize the impact of the highway to the residents, but not a halt to the project.
James Foong no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2007, 08:06 AM   #9
nazrey

Likes (Received): 2150

Very exciting!
nazrey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2007, 08:08 AM   #10
nazrey

Old January 10th, 2007, 08:11 AM   #11
nazrey

Old January 10th, 2007, 08:42 AM   #12
allurban
All Urban

Likes (Received): 4

Id love to be the owners of those houses right now....

Sigh...I lived on Pers. Kewajipan in Subang Jaya near SJMC until December 06...the construction of the Subang Kelana elevated link chased me out of that neighbourhood

Now I live in a house where I can look over the highway, instead of having the highway look over my house....

Sigh/.....

Cheers, m
allurban no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2007, 01:31 PM   #13
OshHisham
BANNED

what to do...?in japan. this situation is normal...but what they do instead is having a kind of sound proof wall along the highways
OshHisham no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2007, 02:19 PM   #14
alienwong

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazrey View Post

Oh no!!!!!! the highway is constructed so close to the residential area!!!! My Godness!!!!!! Don they think the construction may cause dangerous to the owners?!
alienwong no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2007, 04:35 PM   #15
TYW
Penang Skyscrapers Hunter

Likes (Received): 16

i think this was the highway that the residents complained to be too close to their houses a few months ago right??

"the said Municipality of George Town shall on the First Day of January in the Year of our Lord one thousand nine hundred and fifty seven and forever thereafter be a city and shall be called and styled the CITY OF GEORGE TOWN instead of the Municipality of George Town and shall thenceforth have all such rank, liberties, privileges and immunities as are incident to a city." - Queen Elizabeth II
TYW no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2007, 04:35 PM   #16
ZaHiRnYa???
you are you and i am me..

Likes (Received): 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYW View Post
i think this was the highway that the residents complained to be too close to their houses a few months ago right??
yes.
Old January 11th, 2007, 02:15 AM   #17
acela

Likes (Received): 11

Hopefully when it opens, we don't hear any cars jumping from the highway to the houses.That would be a disaster or as an act of stupidity knowing that's going to happen.Who is to blame if this thing happen?Gov or driver?
acela no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2007, 05:27 AM   #18
alienwong

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by acela View Post
Hopefully when it opens, we don't hear any cars jumping from the highway to the houses.That would be a disaster or as an act of stupidity knowing that's going to happen.Who is to blame if this thing happen?Gov or driver?
This one can blame gov, because how can build highway at residential area one!!!!! Don know which stupid achitect do such stupid things.......
alienwong no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2007, 02:57 PM   #19
James Foong

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshkoshbgood View Post
what to do...?in japan. this situation is normal...but what they do instead is having a kind of sound proof wall along the highways
Besides providing sound proof wall, the operator must create a buffer zone along this stretch by limiting the speed too.
James Foong no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2007, 10:33 AM   #20
allurban
All Urban

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYW View Post
I thought the highway was close...but not this close!

If the media had shown these pictures...alot more people would be up in arms.

Cheers, m
allurban no está en línea   Reply With Quote