search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Fun Forums > Creative Corner > The Drawing Board > Scale Models

Scale Models Showcase and discussions

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 18th, 2017, 01:33 PM   #721
LAbuilder
Future Architect

Likes (Received): 231

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudyU View Post
Ginseng, we are going to have to rely on you to create a paper model of the Burj Khalifa. One was done by someone a few years ago, but it has no real formal way of assembling it! I'd like to see you, one day, create one with some good instructions. Maybe I just didn't take the time to really work with that one project, but I'd rather rely on one of your models. This is not a request. Just a nice little hint lol.
Anyway, some time ago I built a GIGANTIC Burj Khalifa, (half a meter tall) now I've got no space for it, and I have it in a cellar. If we find a way to send it from Bilbao to Houston I've got no problem in giving it to you. Tell me if you want it, and we'll look for a way of sending it. Here's a pic:

RudyU liked this post

Last edited by LAbuilder; August 9th, 2017 at 12:17 PM.
LAbuilder no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 18th, 2017, 06:15 PM   #722
RudyU

Likes (Received): 34

OMG, LABuilder! Yes I would love to have it for my architectural model collection! What is it made of, because I can see some awesome reflection in the "glass"! Please look in to finding a way to send it. I am assuming it could be placed in a rectangular box, with the model surrounded by packing material to keep it safe in transport. I am not familiar with Spain's postal/shipping services and the prices so I'm stuck on that part lol. You would be my hero for 2017 should you be able to send it to me! Just let me know when you have things ready and I'll send you my home address through private message. Holy cow, that is a beautiful piece. Are you sure you don't wish to keep it??

Last edited by RudyU; July 18th, 2017 at 06:23 PM.
RudyU no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2017, 08:41 PM   #723
LAbuilder
Future Architect

Sure! It is done out of foam. The texture is printed on the foam, and then covered with a glassy coat. I'll look for a way of sending it. BTW, it has also lights I didn't want to pay for it, so I took the dimensions and plans from a Cubicfun brand model a friend of mine did, and carefully reproduced it with some texture adjustments and a more realistic top Now it's taking far too much space at home, and it's better you enjoy it, rather than keeping it in a cellar

RudyU liked this post

Last edited by LAbuilder; July 18th, 2017 at 08:48 PM.
LAbuilder no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2017, 01:12 AM   #724
DesertBleau999

Likes (Received): 174

How do you print a 1:1500 and a 1:1700 together so that they are the same scale when printed?
DesertBleau999 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2017, 04:14 AM   #725
RudyU

Likes (Received): 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAbuilder View Post
Sure! It is done out of foam. The texture is printed on the foam, and then covered with a glassy coat. I'll look for a way of sending it. BTW, it has also lights I didn't want to pay for it, so I took the dimensions and plans from a Cubicfun brand model a friend of mine did, and carefully reproduced it with some texture adjustments and a more realistic top Now it's taking far too much space at home, and it's better you enjoy it, rather than keeping it in a cellar
Bro, you are the best. I will highly respect and take care of it. Just let me know when you get the shipping method worked out and I will send you my address. It's going to be like Christmas to me!

LAbuilder liked this post
RudyU no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2017, 04:50 PM   #726
ginseng

Likes (Received): 892

Burj Khalifa model is a nice idea, but I'm afraid I can't do this. I won't have as much time for models anymore and my overall enthusiasm also isn't what it used to be. So if I'm to make anything at all, it must be something I'm 100% invested in. That means I won't be taking any requests or suggestions and instead I'll be focusing on my considerable backlog while I still can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertBleau999 View Post
How do you print a 1:1500 and a 1:1700 together so that they are the same scale when printed?
That depends on what models you want to combine. In this case it's not just about scale, but also about resolution. My models have resolution 4 pixels per meter, so for example models in Rei's scale (2px/m) can be converted easily - enlarge by 200% (in nearest neighbor mode) and copypaste into any of my model files.

spidey7312 liked this post
ginseng no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2017, 05:48 PM   #727
SGT.

Likes (Received): 26

Yup when you get to the level ginseng is at things can get boring.how to improve what is already best
SGT. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2017, 07:04 AM   #728
DesertBleau999

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginseng View Post
Burj Khalifa model is a nice idea, but I'm afraid I can't do this. I won't have as much time for models anymore and my overall enthusiasm also isn't what it used to be. So if I'm to make anything at all, it must be something I'm 100% invested in. That means I won't be taking any requests or suggestions and instead I'll be focusing on my considerable backlog while I still can.

That depends on what models you want to combine. In this case it's not just about scale, but also about resolution. My models have resolution 4 pixels per meter, so for example models in Rei's scale (2px/m) can be converted easily - enlarge by 200% (in nearest neighbor mode) and copypaste into any of my model files.
Thanks for answering, I just tried it with two separate scale models and it worked. Also not to sound pushy, but how is progress on the Columbia Center.
Old August 8th, 2017, 04:23 PM   #729
ginseng

The tower itself is almost done. The base not so much...

SGT., DesertBleau999, LAbuilder liked this post
Old August 8th, 2017, 11:34 PM   #730
DesertBleau999

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginseng View Post
The tower itself is almost done. The base not so much...

I know, I'm working on the 1201 3rd Avenue Tower in Seattle and the base is quite difficult.

ginseng liked this post
Old August 14th, 2017, 10:12 PM   #731
LadyAmanita

Likes (Received): 229

Where did you get that 270 Park Avenue model? My 277 Park is getting lonely without its neighbor across the street
LadyAmanita no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2017, 09:29 AM   #732
ginseng

It's a model by Grayhouse http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...8&postcount=24
The version I built is slightly edited. I printed it at 18.1% http://i.imgur.com/s4iCvR9.jpg

LadyAmanita, LAbuilder liked this post
Old August 15th, 2017, 03:59 PM   #733
Feind

Likes (Received): 13

Very glad to see your editing 270 park avenue, I have just completed a model in Ukraine hotel Moscow, then starts to make your Rockefeller center model
Feind no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2017, 09:59 AM   #734
LadyAmanita

Ginseng, do I print out the one you linked to on imgur at 18.1%? Or is that your edited and scaled down version? Either way, thanks!
Old August 16th, 2017, 10:38 AM   #735
LAbuilder
Future Architect

Also,could you post a couple photos more? Specially of the "bridge", please
Old August 16th, 2017, 11:21 PM   #736
ginseng

The one at imgur is my edit. However, I made a mistake in the above post. The edit should be printed at 38.1% for 1:1500 scale.
I took some photos of the model. You can see it isn't in a very good shape so I'll probably rebuild it eventually.

Last edited by ginseng; August 19th, 2017 at 10:20 AM.
Old August 18th, 2017, 03:34 AM   #737
LadyAmanita

So print the one I downloaded from Imgur at 38.1? I just want to make sure I get it right.
Old August 19th, 2017, 10:32 AM   #738
ginseng

Americas Tower, NYC

I worked on this one for a very long time and I absolutely love how it turned out. Also includes three smaller buildings.

Old August 19th, 2017, 11:21 AM   #739
LAbuilder
Future Architect

This is pure diamond!!!!!! Iīm building it right now!!!! You have just blown my mind!!!! Oh god, itīs one of the best Iīve ever seen. Respect, man
Old Yesterday, 06:56 AM   #740
KNR
Penang User

Likes (Received): 74

Ginseng always blow our mind...
KNR no está en línea   Reply With Quote