daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > OZScrapers > Skyscrapers & local issues > Projects, Construction, Skyscrapers & Statistics > Queensland > Everything else

Old August 3rd, 2004, 01:00 AM   #1
JayT
Like whatever....

Likes (Received): 391

Classic Quotes from one with a problem

aussieinsoho

Hey Guys – this forummer has a major grudge or hate towards anything to do with Brisbane or Queensland. I know who he is and he was once banned for it now he is back to his old tricks again.

Below is just a selection of a few of its posts over a few days – take a look at what he does because as you can see he has absolutely nothing nice to say.- and probably has no idea.

Feel free to add your own quotes from this guy - its quite a laugh and probably should be taken with a grain of salt.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/search...0&pp=25&page=2

On the Gold Coast:
that's exactly what I meant...I am embarrassed that the Gold Coast and Surfer's (so not ) Pardaise are in my country.

please please please...NO Versace hotel in Melbourne...YUCK!

please please please don't ever compare Miami to the Gold Coast...it si offensive

Fair enough...maybe the GC isn't as depressing as Blackpool...but WTF, if you think the GC is glamorous you need to look up the word in the dictionary...Monaco is glamorous, Possitano and Capri are...

Doesn't take away the fact that it's still misleading.....if I was to describe the Gold Coast to a foreigner, 'the Blackpool of australia' would be much more appropriate.

On Q1
yeah, you just keep going on and kidding yourself.......we all know it's nothing more than a flagpole.........still Q1 will still be a nice building...just not as tall as Eureka.

On Aurora:
I have to disagree...a very unfortunate looking building......it is a wasted opportunity...it is going to be the tallest or one of the tallest in Brisbane and they go for this boring, 'holiday' type...

On Queensland
I don't understand why someone would have SEQ's population as their sig....it's not like anyone really cares.....over here in Europe most people wouldn't even know where South East Queensland is.

On Brisbane:
And I've said it a thousand times and I'll say it again...Brisbane does not have bars or clubs in the same league as Sydney....in fact I'm quite sure there isn't one decent club in Brisbane.....it's...

The reason I chose Brisbane and Canberra is because I think they are just soooooo boring. The architecture is dull, the cities are lifeless and in Brisbane especially the people are quite terrifying.... n Australia....the crappest would have to be a tie between brisbane and canberra

I think Shao has an inferiority complex........
please don't suggest to overseas visitors that it is worth going to Brisbane...coz' it simply wouldn't be worth their while....other parts fo QLD...

love some of those pics...and they demonstrate just how small Brisbane is....which I'm not saying is a bad thing.

very very cute little skyline

ON Melbourne - LOL
mate....that pic of 'density melbourne style' is sensational.....
jeez...freshwater resi si steaming along.......
fuck...this scraper is looking so beautiful...I still can't really fathom what it is going to look like when completed....I am literally wetting myself with anticipation
Asmuch as I like sydney town hall...Melbourne/Victoria is in a league of it's own when it comes to town halls....what an amazing collection
wow...when this station is done, it WILL be the premier station in the whole country....you lucky Melburnians

Please feel free to add your own 'classic' aussieinsoho quotes - they are easy to find because nearly 1 in 3 of his quotes is a negative comment on us.
jt

Last edited by JayT; August 3rd, 2004 at 02:36 AM.
JayT no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old August 3rd, 2004, 03:39 AM   #2
Orfeo

Likes (Received): 24

Though I agree that aussieinsoho at the very least holds a grudge towards Brisbane, I don't think this is very positive. Culwulla has given him his last warning in another thread and hopefully that will be enough for him to keep his messages civil.
Orfeo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2004, 04:14 AM   #3
CULWULLA

Likes (Received): 1496

all of his posts will be deleted until he starts behaving.the balls in his court. if he continues. hes gone
Old August 3rd, 2004, 05:27 AM   #4
JayT
Like whatever....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orfeo
Though I agree that aussieinsoho at the very least holds a grudge towards Brisbane, I don't think this is very positive. Culwulla has given him his last warning in another thread and hopefully that will be enough for him to keep his messages civil.
A - this is in the Queensland part of the forum and I don't think he will see it.

B - I just think its amazing that some people still believe or think what they wright about Brisbane/Qld. It actually makes me laugh to think that someone could be so dumb and insular.
That is why I created this thread - so us Queenslanders could laugh together.

Also I thought we could post other stuff people say - that makes no sense or is complete crap.

C - Better we post it in our 'lets make fun of them' thread where they won't see it rather than arguing a mute point and ruining a perfectly good thread on something - you can't change their minds.

There are too many arguments in this forum.

jt
Old August 3rd, 2004, 06:28 AM   #5
andy77aus

Likes (Received): 0

haha this guy is quite a character. Why does it seem most Qld haters are from melbourne. I think its because they never get laid here and become quite bitter.
This guy has obviously nothing better to do with his time. But the comparison of his comments does make me laugh
andy77aus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2004, 07:01 AM   #6
Dean

Likes (Received): 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayT
It actually makes me laugh to think that someone could be so dumb and insular.

Also I thought we could post other stuff people say - that makes no sense or is complete crap.
jt
I think this pretty much sums up what most forumers think of u chop.

Cheers

Dean - Melbourne
Dean no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2004, 08:01 AM   #7
JayT
Like whatever....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean
I think this pretty much sums up what most forumers think of u chop.

Cheers

Dean - Melbourne
This isn't directed at you Dean - I have respect for you even though you piss me off occasionally. You seem to have a brain unlike some others of your home town who have a real chip on their shoulders for some reason in relation to Queensland - or even other states.

I am very impressed with you that you even found this thread - it being buried in a Queensland section of the forum!!!

jt
Old August 3rd, 2004, 08:23 AM   #8
Dean

Likes (Received): 135

The reason i found it is because i always look at this section... I have an interest in engineering and architecture as i was once a practicing Civil Engineer, so people like yourself and others may think im focusd on Melbourne threads but in reality im focused on Eng/Architecture from all parts.

Cheers

Dean - Melbourne
Dean no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2004, 08:24 AM   #9
Blend

Likes (Received): 2

JayT's post gave me a new view on him. He seems to hold a grudge for every city in aus apart from melbourne!
Blend no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2004, 08:30 AM   #10
JayT
Like whatever....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean
The reason i found it is because i always look at this section... I have an interest in engineering and architecture as i was once a practicing Civil Engineer, so people like yourself and others may think im focusd on Melbourne threads but in reality im focused on Eng/Architecture from all parts.

Cheers

Dean - Melbourne
Thats cool, My main interest is in the Queensland area first - because of time constraints. But when I do have time I like to browse the other forums, particularly the Victorian forum but NSW is good too. South Australian forums have become interesting recently!!!

jt
Old August 3rd, 2004, 08:32 AM   #11
JayT
Like whatever....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blend
JayT's post gave me a new view on him. He seems to hold a grudge for every city in aus apart from melbourne!
Read Closer - he also thinks the sun shine out of Perths Ass - LOL. He only does it to put down Brisbane in his own subtle between the lines way.

jt
Old August 3rd, 2004, 08:36 AM   #12
Oriolus
OzScrapers Moderator

Likes (Received): 236

I'm not at all impressed by people having grudges against cities - I can't understand it - I think it's more they have a grudge against people in the city. I always visit a place with a positive attitude and even what others consider fetid hellholes or stinking cesspools rarely dissapoint me. I love discovering what a city or town has to offer whether it be old of new, good or "bad". Every city is unique and has a character of it's own which is never bad, just different. That's why I hate city comparisons and people who have vendettas against certain cities.

Visit me on flickr
Oriolus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2004, 10:52 AM   #13
Aussie Bhoy

Likes (Received): 733

deleted
Aussie Bhoy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2004, 11:47 AM   #14
Macca-GC
Robert Owen Fan!

Likes (Received): 40

I think this may all stem from the Q1 Vs Eureka thing.

I say, we go to war against Victoria and kick their asses. NSW can join in too.

No, seriously, everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but he's going too far.

And that quote about comparing the Gold Coast to Miami, that's because of me. Same with the Versace one. And I think a couple of the other GC ones were too.

Please claim them if they were directed at you. Let's see who they were directed at.
Macca-GC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2004, 12:13 AM   #15
Brizzy-Mike

Maybe that guy's a bit old fashioned, Briz and Qld still has an amazingly bad reputation that is being slowly eroded away. As for glamour, well, um. GC really does not quite get there. However, if glamour is that brittle veneer of sophistication masking the overcrowded dog eat dog rat race of London and some parts of Europe then I think he is missing the point. No amount of glamour and sophistication can hide the rubbish on the beaches and fetid water of the Cote D'Azur. I got a skin rash swimming in that stuff. Clean air and clean seas as well as the fab weather is a much rare commodity than that attempt at sophistication. I was not impressed with the Versace on GC at all.
Brizzy-Mike no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2004, 01:54 AM   #16
Amaruu
BANNED

Hey I dont have a problem with QLD, SEQ or Brisbane.

Okay, I admit, as a Collingwood supporter, for obvious reasons, I can't stand the Brisbane Lions. I also think its unfair that the Lions get all this extra money in the salary cap, but what you gonna do?

But thats about as far as my anti-QLD grudge goes.

Cheers.
Amaruu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2004, 04:48 AM   #17
Orfeo

Likes (Received): 24

I just think it drags the whole forum down when there is a thread essentialy making fun of someone, even if that person does deserve it. This is just some guy who gets his kickes by putting down Queensland/ers. So why expend the effort insulting him when there are so much better things to do?

One thing I will say is that since Cullwulla gave him the ultimatum (thank you!), he has been acting like he is a victim. This annoys me more than anything he has said.
Orfeo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2004, 06:22 AM   #18
CULWULLA

Likes (Received): 1496

i just want him to behave like a human being and post positive and useful posts. one thing i hate seeing are negative comments on such a progressive and positive forum!!
Old August 4th, 2004, 10:55 AM   #19
Macca-GC
Robert Owen Fan!

Likes (Received): 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brizzy-Mike
I was not impressed with the Versace on GC at all.
From the GCB today:

66 rooms have been hired out for heaps of arabs for the next few weeks. Accomadation bill will be atleast $1million.

Note: Not a direct quote
Macca-GC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2004, 12:01 AM   #20
Brizzy-Mike

Had to go and have a look at it, the Versace that is, I thought it was a very ordinary building with a make-over of versace type details pasted on.
Brizzy-Mike no está en línea   Reply With Quote