SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Bhumibol Bridge (Industrial Ring Road Bridge)

178K views 771 replies 108 participants last post by  napoleon 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Yep, The structure it's self stunned me by it's scale.......Yes, It'll be one of the biggest of it's kind when completed...SO LARGE!!!....:eek:kay:

#5 ·
Yes, The bridge structural Design it's self also looks like one in HK...:)

#7 ·
Yep, This project is HUGH

#9 ·
Apr 17, 2004 :

#13 ·
Yes, the construction has gone very far now....and the size of it is just unbelieveable !!....I'm sure that more than 2/3 of Bangkokean don't even noticed this project does exist...:D

#15 ·
#17 ·
Thanks Ankor !....Question, this is the design of it., and seems like there are 4 cable-touched pillars altogether right?

#18 ·
kiku99 said:
it will be part of the express way? Bangkok roads are just getting better and better. :)

If I'm not mistaken, It's part of teh Southern Ring Road.....right?

#19 ·
Naah Khun chat, The bridge you have taken photos is the T bridge for Industrial Ring Road connecting Rama 3, Phra Padaeng (Suksawat and downtown Phrapadaeng), and Poochao Samingphrai togather ... since Rama 9 bridge has reached the traffic capacity Limit ... Not a part of Soutehrn Kanchanaphisek outer Ring Road whihs not born yet due to the fighting even after Ch Karnchang has won the bidding ... and the Collusion seems to plays around with SOuthern kanchanaphisek Outer Ring Road even after quotign the lowest bid ... to creare the cost overrun later on ...

#20 ·
But according to the news I'v read, Ch Karnchang has won the highway part and the Ital-Thai has got a bridge contract...., So I'm little confused now..

#22 ·
What u r talking about, the suspension bridge design is the new one....the old one is just a concrete bridge like without any designs.......I defnietly prefer this one...

#23 ·
This is the design they'r building

and I think it's nice enough..

#24 ·
The Update avalable at :

www.2bangkok.com

Here are some pics from 2bangkok.com

New Latest on the progress of the mega-bridge - May 4, 2004

Jerry send in these latest shots of the new bridge construction. Compare these to the ones taken a month ago--the v-shaped support on the far side of the river has gone up in just a month.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.