daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Asian Skyscraper Forums > East Asia > Korean Forum 한국 공개토론

Old January 5th, 2005, 05:37 PM   #1
maerong

Likes (Received): 0

Busan Lotte World Destined to Become Nation's Tallest Building

i just found these information from digital Chosun Ilbo. Just some update for Busan's super tall.
The second Lotte World faced some problems but it seems like it is right on schedule. This would be my first post by the way.

Busan Lotte World Destined to Become Nation's Tallest Building

Construction of the 107-story Busan Lotte World, which was stalled by complications related to making a new or revised Youngdo Bridge, will now begin. The new bridge will be designed and built as a drawbridge, and its construction will begin next January for completion in June 2008.
Lotte Shopping officials said Wednesday that the company would resume work soon on building an amusement park appendage to Busan Lotte World. The construction of the Lotte venture started in December 2002, but as a dispute arose over the removal of Youngdo Bridge, the project was suspended and only 13 percent of the amusement park has been finished.

Some people have suggested that the old bridge should be dismantled and a new one assembled that can cope with the city's increasingly congested levels of traffic, while others have firmly denounced any attempts to touch Youngdo Bridge - a symbol and landmark of the port city.

The 494-meter building will be established on the site of the old Busan City Hall and will house a department store, a discount store, a hotel, a duty-free shop, a cinema, offices and a conference center.

Lotte Shopping spokesmen said that the construction work would create 500,000 jobs and the completed amusement park would need to recruit 50,000 more, in addition to generating W15 billion a year in taxes.

The building would become the tallest building in Korean as well as Busan's latest tourist attraction, claimed company officials, adding that the construction of the amusement park would be completed two years later than originally planned.

The department store, discount store and cinema will open at the end of 2008, while the hotel and office will be available for use after 2013.

(Park Joo-young, park21@chosun.com )
maerong no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old January 6th, 2005, 12:36 AM   #2
mookiecece
Seoul-jah

Likes (Received): 3

so it took them like 5 years just to settle over the bridge.... I'm dying to see some visible progress

btw, welcome to the forum maerong nim
mookiecece no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2005, 12:43 AM   #3
mumbojumbo

If they decided to delay construction... why didn't they raise the height to surpass Burj Dubai. I thought the "title" was Lotte's dream. Good news nonetheless.

Btw, the design will remain the same correct?
mumbojumbo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2005, 12:46 AM   #4
kyenan

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavv
Why didn't they raise the height to surpass Burj Dubai. I thought the "title" was Lotte's dream and main goal in promoting this mega-project.
If they had tried to change the height that much, it would have been like they start from the beginning.
kyenan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2005, 12:46 AM   #5
mumbojumbo

Well... construction stopped for 2 years... 2 WHOLE YEARS!!!
mumbojumbo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2005, 01:12 AM   #6
Ellatur

Likes (Received): 4

Finally.. lets get some supertalls in korea!
Ellatur no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2005, 02:28 AM   #7
SUNNI
architect by day

Likes (Received): 9

yes its about time they restart,,,,all it is now is a dirt field (the latest picture i saww on the net) ㅡㅡ;;

anyways!~ great news!!
Old January 6th, 2005, 05:27 AM   #8
SkylineTurbo
|| PAKISTAN ZINDABAD ||

Likes (Received): 5

Is there a hight limit for structures in Seoul?
SkylineTurbo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2005, 06:49 AM   #9
maerong

Most Korean people don't like super tall buildings. They believe it is waste of money and useless which i totally disagree. Tower Palace which is currently tallest building in Korea is actually not residential building but Samsung Tower or something which would have been 100 stories. But people who live around the area opposed the idea and protest begun. Korean people protest all the time in such a violent way which i hate the most about my own people. Always Korean people think about something to complain for and fight for them. Samething is happening for Lotte world 2 tower which is proposed in Seoul Jamsil Area. This huge area near first Lotte world has been left alone for very long time 18years!!!!! Shin Kyuk Ho the lotte CEO bought this land for 80millions dollors verylong time ago. The land value now is so enormous it costs almost 900million dollors. I know about this very well because i live in Song Pa Gu right infront of Olympic Park which is near this area. People opposed this idea and made banner that says "we oppose Lotte's super tall and we will fight to death" or something. always death involves in these banner with red writings. However dumbass airforce is the main reason why this building is not getting built.

The most annoying people are however left wing bastards those goddamn environmentalist and liberal freaks(Un-Dong-Geon) that always opposes everything big corporations do. These people are the biggest problem to our country's development. The left wing morons who believes that we should have expressed condolence when Kim Il Sung died should be removed from our country and sent to North Korea if they love North Korea so much. Well whatam i talking about, ok this is whole different issue we Koreans are facing today so i will stop now. But important thing is that these super tall must be built to show off our powerful economic status and show the world how this crappy and small third world country had developed into 12th most powerful country in the world. We must show most careless and uneducated Americans and Europeans who categorize Republic of Korea with other poor countries which pisses me off every time should be educated. ANd best way to educate them and put knowledge into their brain is to show them!!!

Last edited by maerong; January 6th, 2005 at 05:07 PM.
Old January 6th, 2005, 07:29 AM   #10
noli

Looks like youre quite the nationalist. Way to classify Europeans and Americans as uneducated. Oh yeah...

Get a grip. Building super talls just for the purpose of showing off is the equivalent of small dick syndrome.
noli no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2005, 08:16 AM   #11
SUNNI
architect by day

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackadder
Is there a hight limit for structures in Seoul?
yes, but this one is in Busan
Old January 6th, 2005, 08:22 AM   #12
SUNNI
architect by day

Quote:
Originally Posted by maerong
Most Korean people don't like super tall buildings. They believe it is waste of money and useless which i totally disagree. Tower Palace which is currently tallest building in Korea is actually not residential building but Samsung Tower or something which would have been 100 stories. But people who live around the area opposed the idea and protest begun. Korean people protest all the time in such a violent way which i hate the most about my own people. Always Korean people think about something to complain for and fight for them. Samething is happening for Lotte world 2 tower which is proposed in Seoul Jamsil Area. This huge area near first Lotte world has been left alone for very long time 18years!!!!! Shin Kyuk Ho the lotte CEO bought this land for 80millions dollors verylong time ago. The land value now is so enormous it costs almost 900million dollors. I know about this very well because i live in Song Pa Gu right infront of Olympic Park which is near this area. People opposed this idea and made banner that says "we oppose Lotte's super tall and we will fight to death" or something. always death involves in these banner with red writings. However dumbass airforce is the main reason why this building is not getting built.

The most annoying people are however left wing bastards those goddamn environmentalist and liberal freaks(Un-Dong-Geon) that always opposes everything big corporations do. These people are the biggest problem to our country's development. The left wing morons who believes that we should have expressed condolence when Kim Il Sung died should be removed from our country and sent to North Korea if they love North Korea so much. Well whatam i talking about, ok this is whole different issue we Koreans are facing today so i will stop now. But important thing is that these super tall must be built to show off our powerful economic status and show the world how this crappy and small third world country had developed into 12th most powerful country in the world. We must show most careless and uneducated Americans and Europeans who categorize Republic of Korea with Thailand and Vietnam which pisses me off every time should be educated. ANd best way to educate them and put knowledge into their brain is to show them!!!
maerong,, you could have worded that last part abit better as there are many Thailand and Vietnamese people in this forum also ;;

but otherwise i completly agree with everything you say,,,,i also live in songpa gu ;;; welcome the SSC forums
Old January 6th, 2005, 01:42 PM   #13
Ray
BANNED

What about the IBC?

I guess they mean this building will be finished before the IBC is done, right?
Ray no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2005, 02:45 PM   #14
SUNNI
architect by day

who knows,,,,
Old January 6th, 2005, 05:47 PM   #15
maerong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koreanczyk
Looks like youre quite the nationalist. Way to classify Europeans and Americans as uneducated. Oh yeah...

Get a grip. Building super talls just for the purpose of showing off is the equivalent of small dick syndrome.

yes i'm nationalist but you must understand. If you live in South Korea you must know what took place in 2002 i think right after World Cup. Two middle school girls' death because American Gi ran over them sparked anti american sentiments. This american Gi was later sentenced bail or something and went back to his country. what Koreans upset is the fact that he was found not guilty of an accident. Of course it was an accident but he killed two school girls and was sentenced not guilty??? I definitely believe anti american sentiments is not a good thing and it will hurt our relationship with United States. As i repeatedly say those left wing bastards who lead this anti americanism disgust me. Yet i do understand why they are so pissed off. I don't believe It is not only that school girl children that caused this anti americanism but america's unwillingness to recognize South Korea as their partner rather than their slaves. In 2004 American Gi again stabbed Korean man and he was arrested by our police and then he waved $1 bill at Korean police and asked him if he could be released. This angered me even more because American Gi treat South Korea as colonies.

Once Korean Journalist went to Germany and interviewed with grade 3 elementry school children and showed them two pictures one 1960s south Korea downtown and other one 2004 and asked them which picture is the South Korea. THe most of kids picked 1960's picture and waved at cameramen.
Most Europeans definitely have misconception about Asia. They know Japan is rich and China is big and powerful and other countries are all poor and same. The reason Europeans' failure to recognize Korea's economic statue is not Europeans' fault but it is ours. That's why i'm insisting that we must show off something that has symbol of our economic strength and perfect example would be super tall buildings.
Old January 7th, 2005, 01:54 AM   #16
noli

So wait, you are basing your opinion of Europeans on what? Grade 3 ELEMENTARY students not knowing about Seoul?! Dude, I live in South Korea, read my signature. If I were to base my opinion of Koreans on the knowledge of third grade elementary students, Id have to conclude Koreans dont know much about the world.
noli no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2005, 04:38 AM   #17
SkylineTurbo
|| PAKISTAN ZINDABAD ||

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray
What about the IBC?

I guess they mean this building will be finished before the IBC is done, right?
Yes being built but didn't the South Korean Air Force request the hight to be reduced? I'm not sure if it was IBC.
SkylineTurbo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2005, 04:52 AM   #18
Ellatur

Likes (Received): 4

i don't think i heard about this height reduction request.. but it is going to get built and alot of the other DMC complexes are built and or under construction and i think they are only looking for financial investors

btw blackadder congrats for hitting the 1000th post
Ellatur no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2005, 05:22 AM   #19
SUNNI
architect by day

where is the IBC being built?
i might go there someday before it go back to the Coast...
Old January 7th, 2005, 05:44 AM   #20
London™
K-Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUNNI
where is the IBC being built?
i might go there someday before it go back to the Coast...
Sang-am Dong, near the World Cup Stadium.

Well, for the IBC, don't hold your breath. The construction won't begin in any time soon.

@ Maerong: ahem
London™ no está en línea   Reply With Quote