daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > Metropolis & States > Texas > Photos

Old March 1st, 2008, 08:13 AM   #1
LSyd
Megalomaniac

Likes (Received): 195

my Dallas pics - aerials, cranes, downtown and more

most pics taken a couple weeks ago; a few taken last year. Dallas is kickass.

click for soundtrack

click for mega pano

click for mega pano

kiss my ass photo-hating building security...

this one's for the Texas haters

-

- gleegieboy
LSyd no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old March 1st, 2008, 08:14 AM   #2
g-man430

Likes (Received): 24

Speechless.
g-man430 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2008, 08:30 AM   #3
Solid
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

I think I've seen some of those photos before. And it always strikes me how much better Dallas looks from a distance than when you really go there.

I think I will go out and take some photos of what most of Dallas really looks like (you know, the non-glamourous photo op locations and post in on this website so that non-residents can REALLY get an idea of what to expect if they visit there. I've been here for about a month and it really looks dry and deader in real life than it does in those photos. If fact, I believe there have been several brush fires in the area and it's only February.

Except those photos at the beginning with the brown air, most of them make Dallas look almost livable. Let's see what I come up with.
Solid no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2008, 08:39 AM   #4
LSyd
Megalomaniac

thanks gman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid View Post
I think I've seen some of those photos before. And it always strikes me how much better Dallas looks from a distance than when you really go there.

I think I will go out and take some photos of what most of Dallas really looks like (you know, the non-glamourous photo op locations and post in on this website so that non-residents can REALLY get an idea of what to expect if they visit there. I've been here for about a month and it really looks dry and deader in real life than it does in those photos. If fact, I believe there have been several brush fires in the area and it's only February.

Except those photos at the beginning with the brown air, most of them make Dallas look almost livable. Let's see what I come up with.
i think you're a miserable dumbass party pooper. stop trolling and get a fucking brain and life. if you don't like it, go back to wherever you came from. you'll probably bitch about there, too.

-

- gleegieboy
Old March 1st, 2008, 08:43 AM   #5
g-man430

That's how I feel about Skyliner. We all get along so well on this forum.
g-man430 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2008, 08:46 AM   #6
Solid
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSyd View Post
thanks gman.

i think you're a miserable dumbass party pooper. stop trolling and get a fucking brain and life. if you don't like it, go back to wherever you came from. you'll probably bitch about there, too.

-
No need to be so angry. I never said I didn't like Dallas. I just don't think that photo montage painted a complete picture of the ENTIRE Dallas experience. But I intend to.

You shouldn't be so insecure about Dallas, it's a lovely town. I especially love the South, East, and West sides. They're sooo real.
Old March 1st, 2008, 08:48 AM   #7
g-man430

Wait. What about the north? That's the best of them all.
Old March 1st, 2008, 08:59 AM   #8
LSyd
Megalomaniac

Quote:
No need to be so angry. I never said I didn't like Dallas. I just don't think that photo montage painted a complete picture of the ENTIRE Dallas experience. But I intend to.

You shouldn't be so insecure about Dallas, it's a lovely town. I especially love the South, East, and West sides. They're sooo real.
well, get off your ass and post the pics and stop being such a trolling douche. all of your posts on this forum seem to be complaints about Dallas. put up or shut the fuck up.

and no, you haven't seen these pics before.

-

- gleegieboy
Old March 1st, 2008, 09:05 AM   #9
Jan
High there, what's up!

Likes (Received): 3002

^ easy there mate. Whatever your reason is, reacting like that is not the way to go.
Jan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2008, 09:06 AM   #10
Solid
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Wait. What about the north? That's the best of them all.
O yes, there are some great places near Webb Chapel I know of and some great prairies and that lovely drive up I-35 E to Denton. Lots of gas stations and McDonalds and Walmarts. I know a lot of great places to give people an idea of what Dallas REALLY looks like.

And I promise that MY photo montage of Dallas will be ALL MY OWN photography. And they won't ALL be of that 1/2 square mile north of Downtown. Everybody only ever post photos of Dallas from this tiny area of the city. There are hundreds of square miles outside of uptown that I think people would like to see.
Old March 1st, 2008, 09:13 AM   #11
Seattlelife

Likes (Received): 158

This was a great photo tour of Downtown Dallas.

Thank you!

Sonicsgate, a must see! Just click and watch.
http://www.sonicsgate.org/
Seattlelife no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2008, 09:17 AM   #12
Solid
BANNED

Quote:
well, get off your ass and post the pics and stop being such a trolling douche. all of your posts on this forum seem to be complaints about Dallas. put up or shut the fuck up.

-
Calm down. What's with the attacks. Are you 12 years old or something. I never said anything wrong about you or Dallas, yet. Just because I am not 'in love' with Dallas doesn't mean I am not allowed to voice an opinion or two.

You are taking this much too personal and being way too immature for me to believe you took those arial shots. I don't think you are old enough to go on an airplane by yourself. I'm not sure you're old enough to even know how to USE a camera. I know you ripped these photos off from somewhere. I've seen SEVERAL of these on other websites.

But be patient. I will post my photo montage next week. I need to go out and take some before I can post them. Unlike you.

Last edited by Solid; March 1st, 2008 at 10:50 AM.
Old March 1st, 2008, 09:18 AM   #13
g-man430

Quote:

-
I know i'm a trolling douche and I post a lot but I already went out and took pics today.
Old March 1st, 2008, 09:19 AM   #14
g-man430

Quote:
Calm down. What's with the attacks. Are you 12 years old or something. I never said anything wrong about you or Dallas. Just because I am not 'in love' with Dallas doesn't mean I am not allowed to voice and opinion or two.

You are taking this much to personal and being way to immature for me to believe you took those arial shot. I know you ripped these photos off from somewhere.

But be patient. I will post my photo montage next week. I need to go out and take some before I can post them. Unlike you.
Well, if everybody would get bashing me then I would be calm. Jeez.
Old March 1st, 2008, 09:31 AM   #15
Solid
BANNED

O.K. I know that LSyd is so insecure about Dallas he can't handle an outsider's perspective. And probably needs something STRONG to calm himself down before he gives himself a heart attack.

But I think g-man must be on some hallucinogens.

Last edited by Solid; March 1st, 2008 at 10:04 AM.
Old March 1st, 2008, 09:35 AM   #16
g-man430

Nope. Just too much Redbull. Lsyd does tend to have an eye for graffiti, dereliction and stray souls though.
Old March 1st, 2008, 10:06 AM   #17
Solid
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Lsyd does tend to have an eye for graffiti, dereliction and stray souls though.
No. He just has an eye for stealing nice photos of ugly cities.
Old March 1st, 2008, 10:14 AM   #18
g-man430

It's not ugly is it? I've never been to Dallas so I don't know.
Old March 1st, 2008, 10:42 AM   #19
Solid
BANNED

Well, like I said before that plagiarist blew a gasket, Dallas looks MUCH better from a distance. Notice that the photos that make Dallas look the best, were taken from MILES away. The photos that make Dallas appear the most inviting are very pin pointed at the towers that stick out above the flat landscape. I don't think Lsyd would want to take photos of Dallas in just the opposite direction as the angles 'he says' he got, because they would reveal nothing but suburban sprawl and unattractive landscapes.

The downtown and uptown areas are tiny compared to the rest of the metro. It might take up 1 square mile, if that. Those areas look very interesting at night, but in the day, when you are surrounded by it, you notice that most of the architecture is very plain, cold, and sterile. Dallas does not have much of a soul or character. Lots of newness and glitter. No real substance. Most of the people stay in their cars until they get where they are going, so you don't really see people walking on the sidewalks like you would in a real city.

If you step one foot out of downtown or uptown, there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to see at all. Most people spend a large percentage of their days stuck on the ugliest freeways you can imagine. Long never ending stretches of pizza huts, wendy's and dollar thrift stores is what 99% of Dallas consist of.

Like a lot of places it has some good things and a lot of bad things. The only people I've ever really met since I have been visiting here who like Dallas are from Dallas. The other outsiders like me are not all that impressed with it. It's very ordinary.

That's might take. I know a few insecure people from Dallas will probably be angry at my comments, but I know it's because deep down they know I'm right and telling the truth. And they only want to hear good things about their town. If they really thought there was no truth in my comments they would ignore it, but just watch.

It's just an opinion no need to have a meltdown.

Last edited by Solid; March 1st, 2008 at 10:48 AM.
Old March 1st, 2008, 10:49 AM   #20
brightside.
Honorary Scouser

Likes (Received): 6940

Very nice pics! I wanna visit Dallas now.

twitter
brightside. no está en línea   Reply With Quote