SkyscraperCity Forum banner

NEW YORK | One World Trade Center (1WTC) | 541m | 1776ft | 94 fl | Com

22M views 59K replies 4K participants last post by  Riley1066 
#1 ·
Since the world trade center is finally under construction. I wanted to create this thread for photos and news about skyscrapersd and the memorial happening at ground zero. Please post photos of the site plan, and construction photos happening at the site. Hope you guys enjoy!!!!!! :)

#48,502 ·
^^ Sounds awesome.

I'm curious, is the FAA light really visible or just barely?
Just as bright as the ESB red strobe. My only problem is it seems to blink alittle to quick.

You can use the NY Harbor cam to see how the building looks at night.

The camera sometimes rotate to view the Verrazano bridge.:cheers:

#48,509 ·
Most of the highrises in New York are too boxy and made of concrete with outdated designs. Also there is a scarcity of supertalls at the moment, which becomes apparent when NYC skylines is scaled next to Dubai and Hong Kong, although this issue will be solved within 5 years. New York needs more varied architecture to have maintain it's position as the second best skyline in the world. It might lose its place to Shenzhen within 7-8 years from now.
Which is the best skyline at the moment?

#48,515 ·
I know that but it looked cooler to me with the x"s
Shit the x's is what made the tower unique in it's own way, it looked like a modern version of the Hancock bldg only much more modern and still had the sleekness of the rest of the WTC bunch., it's still unique in that it's going to have 4 spires and let's just hope they build it to the height they originally intentended? I think 1183 was the proposal. But as for this, I disliked the base at first, but now that it's got some progress, I'm actually liking it quite a lot now.

Reactions: L.A.F.2.
#48,519 ·
Most of the highrises in New York are too boxy and made of concrete with outdated designs. Also there is a scarcity of supertalls at the moment, which becomes apparent when NYC skylines is scaled next to Dubai and Hong Kong, although this issue will be solved within 5 years. New York needs more varied architecture to have maintain it's position as the second best skyline in the world. It might lose its place to Shenzhen within 7-8 years from now.
Sorry for the off-topic, but that's the most stupid thing I've ever read in this forum. Outdated designs? Dude, it's called history. If NYC is outdated, then we should demolish the whole Paris so we get a modern city :nuts: Sorry but I prefer most of old buildings like the Empire State Building, the Chrysler Building, the formerly known Bank of Manhattan Trust Building, 70 Pine Street, and even any old building surrounding Central Park or on the Upper East Side, than many of the new projects being under construction or that have been proposed.

Highrises and Supertall buildings are good, I guess that's why we are all here, but calling NYC outdated, boxy and concrete-ish ....that's just lame.

Shenzhen? LMAO, please............