daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Africa > East Africa > Somalia > Economy & Business / Dhaqaalaha iyo Ganacsiga

Economy & Business / Dhaqaalaha iyo Ganacsiga Found urban images from all around the world not taken by you

Closed Thread

Old September 29th, 2011, 05:33 AM   #21
Xusein

Likes (Received): 10400

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSP View Post
Poor or not most African countries help each other with that they have and can afford, and this stretches across regions.

Anyway no matter, some how the African countries will lose out because we didn't have money to go build an embassy, mall, hotels, and start the lotto drawing. I learned some time ago people will create a reason for how they desire to feel and act. Anyway let's not argue and keep this thread on topic.....

Healing only comes from the 'arab' countries etc etc etc

Only the 'arab' countries can etc etc etc
Turkey isn't an Arab country!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinze View Post
I get what you are saying but few countries in Africa have the means to look after others futures beyond their own. Turkey is a much better position to do such things, so there's no reason to be upset because other African nations are unable to do such things, they help the small why they can (even if its only in the present).

DSP that's what I'm saying...its almost offending.
I'm not upset at all! I am glad to see a state treat Somalis respectably for once, that's all.
Xusein no está en línea  
Old September 29th, 2011, 05:34 AM   #22
DSP
Married to Zimbobeauty

Likes (Received): 41

Quote:
I get what you are saying but few countries in Africa have the means to look after others futures beyond their own. Turkey is a much better position to do such things, so there's no reason to be upset because other African nations are unable to do such things, they help the small why they can (even if its only in the present).
I don't think anybody's upset. Pointing out inconsistencies creates more questions for enlightening exchanges. Everyone shares points of view and agree or disagree.
So many errors in modern thought. These blind slaves are told they are “free” and “highly educated” even as they march behind signs that would cause any medieval peasant to run screaming away from them in panic-stricken terror. The symbols and concepts that modern man embraces with the naive trust of an infant would be tantamount to billboards reading, ‘This way to your death and enslavement,’ to the understanding of the traditional peasant of antiquity
DSP no está en línea  
Old September 29th, 2011, 05:36 AM   #23
DSP
Married to Zimbobeauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xusein View Post
Turkey isn't an Arab country!

I'm not upset at all! I am glad to see a state treat Somalis respectably for once, that's all.
was an all inclusive statement really. I should have said middle eastern or Eurasian w/e *shrug*

or I guess I should of said only the non 'jareer'(even though many of us have straight hair as well) countries etc etc etc
So many errors in modern thought. These blind slaves are told they are “free” and “highly educated” even as they march behind signs that would cause any medieval peasant to run screaming away from them in panic-stricken terror. The symbols and concepts that modern man embraces with the naive trust of an infant would be tantamount to billboards reading, ‘This way to your death and enslavement,’ to the understanding of the traditional peasant of antiquity
DSP no está en línea  
Old September 29th, 2011, 05:37 AM   #24
Arinze

Likes (Received): 3932

No I mean what does it mean be treated like a state? Which African nation is guilty of not doing that? Its almost like you are saying other nations don't give a crap about Somalia the way Turkey does

Exactly Abesha the way is being phrased is like a jab at other Africans...its insulting quite frankly.

Last edited by Arinze; September 29th, 2011 at 05:44 AM.
Arinze no está en línea  
Old September 29th, 2011, 05:39 AM   #25
abesha
BANNED

Likes (Received): 531

It doesn't matter what African countries do or don't do. They'll never be credited for the effort. When a Muslim country does something, it's congratulated, when a non-Muslim country goes in, it's an American agent, etc, etc. You are not being fair at all Xusien. If Sudan had sent in troops instead of Uganda, Sudan would have been praised as helping Somalis.
Look at how the rhetoric on this board has changed towards TFG. There's no consistency and logic to it.
abesha no está en línea  
Old September 29th, 2011, 05:41 AM   #26
Xusein

Quote:
was an all inclusive statement really. I should have said middle eastern or Eurasian w/e *shrug*

or I guess I should of said only the non 'jareer'(even though many of us have straight hair as well) countries etc etc etc
LOL, you couldn't resist trying to make this whole thing into a racial one.

That's not even anywhere near the reason, you are in permafrost.
Xusein no está en línea  
Old September 29th, 2011, 05:41 AM   #27
DSP
Married to Zimbobeauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by abesha View Post
It doesn't matter what African countries do or don't do. They'll never be credited for the effort. When a Muslim country does something, it's congratulated, when a non-Muslim country goes in, it's an American agent, etc, etc. You are not being fair at all Xusien. If Sudan had sent in troops instead of Uganda, Sudan would have been praised as helping Somalis.
Look at how the rhetoric on this board has changed towards TFG. There's no consistencyand logic to it.
I love this word
DSP no está en línea  
Old September 29th, 2011, 05:43 AM   #28
Xusein

Quote:
No I mean what does it mean be treated like a state? Which African nation is guilty of not doing that? Its almost like you are saying other nations don't give a crap about Somalia the way Turkey does
I'm not almost saying it, I am saying it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abesha View Post
Look at how the rhetoric on this board has changed towards TFG. There's no consistency and logic to it.
No. It is not because they are Muslim.

You guys just don't understand.
Xusein no está en línea  
Old September 29th, 2011, 05:44 AM   #29
DSP
Married to Zimbobeauty

Quote:
LOL, you couldn't resist trying to make this whole thing into a racial one.

That's not even anywhere near the reason, you are in permafrost.
Xusein, its' ethnic and religious all rolled up into a nice bag of inconsistency

I make no apologies for calling things how I see them. That said I would love to see Somalia get back to a sense of normalcy for themselves.
DSP no está en línea  
Old September 29th, 2011, 05:45 AM   #30
DSP
Married to Zimbobeauty

Quote:
I'm not almost saying it, I am saying it.

No. It is not because they are Muslim.

You guys just don't understand.
I'm sure
DSP no está en línea  
Old September 29th, 2011, 05:46 AM   #31
Arinze

Yes we don't understand Thank you for clarifying that, let every African nation never make the mistake of handing anything they have again because heaven forbid a nation give what it can and not try to out compete the UAE or Turkey

Kenya should close up shop since they haven't been understanding for the past 20 years
Its easy to remember the man that gave you millions at one time and forget the man who gave what he could all the time apparently
Arinze no está en línea  
Old September 29th, 2011, 05:47 AM   #32
Xusein

Quote:
Xusein, its' ethnic and religious all rolled up into a nice bag of inconsistency

I make no apologies for calling things how I see them. That said I would love to see Somalia get back to a sense of normalcy for themselves.
Well, you're off base incredibly.

I think it's actually pretty insulting to be honest.
Xusein no está en línea  
Old September 29th, 2011, 05:48 AM   #33
abesha
BANNED

Then explain it Xusien. I'm frankly bewildered by the Turkey infatuation lately. What has Turkey done that others haven't tried? Is it the President going there for a photo-op? Museveni, Meles or Obama would have been blown up if they'd even tried. Is it the food aid? Plenty of countries have given money and food, and neighboring countries are taking in hundreds of thousands of people. So what it is that's so different?
abesha no está en línea  
Old September 29th, 2011, 05:56 AM   #34
DSP
Married to Zimbobeauty

Quote:
Well, you're off base incredibly.

I think it's actually pretty insulting to be honest.
bro it is what it is

not intended to be an insult at all, and shouldnt' be taken as one.

just shedding light
DSP no está en línea  
Old September 29th, 2011, 05:58 AM   #35
Xusein

I've already highlighted what they have done.

I am talking about their economic moves, not throwing aid money or accepting refugees. Looking at Somalia as an opportunity instead of a blight. Of course poor African countries can't match this, but you should not be surprised why we like the Turks. They want Somalia to become a nation again.
Xusein no está en línea  
Old September 29th, 2011, 06:00 AM   #36
Arinze

Okay then why bring it up if you know African nations are not in the position to match it wtf kind of logic is that
I give up

Exactly Abesha, Turkey was a non entity until a few months ago and are now super awesome
Arinze no está en línea  
Old September 29th, 2011, 06:01 AM   #37
abesha
BANNED

Frankly that's strange to me. Turkey was M.I.A. the entire time Somalia has been in chaos. Not a peep. After AU forces battle Al Shabaab out of Mogadishu after years of trying, Turkey finally arrives like some knight in shining armor, and gets heaped with praise. They pretty much literally just parachuted in at the end for a photo-op. They haven't done shit for 20 years. They haven't done a single thing to bring stability to the country. All I've heard from them is the promises made over the past few weeks.
abesha no está en línea  
Old September 29th, 2011, 06:01 AM   #38
Janub
BANNED

Likes (Received): 8

I feel like some people are acting stupid purposely. Last I checked, Uganda is not a Muslim nation and I credited them with extending a hand to Somalia in the past (not the armed intervention but the academic cooperation given to students in Somalia). Some of you are picking a fight for no reason at all, even making things up as you go along or totally ignoring huge factors in the scenario.

I am the least of Turkey's fans and I personally don't care for Turkey as a nation and I thought their aid support to the famine plight was about vanity more than anything - but their support for Somalis and their institutions is telling of a genuine relationship.

If you go back to 2009, there was a major conference between all of Somalia's stakeholders. The conference was 10% about mending Somalia's political woes and 90% about reviving Somalia's economy. The Turks helped bridge a contract that brought together Somalia's 5 biggest telecom companies (including ones in Somaliland) to create a conglomerate that would become the largest employer in the nation's entire history. That conference on its own revived the Somali economy and its progress.

In the same way that the ex-colonialists prepared many Africans to study in their master nations in order to benefit and rule the newly-independent nations, Turkey is taking in hundreds of young Somalis to prepare them to return and care for their nation.

What is different about Turkey's approach to Somalia is glaringly obvious. Turkey views Somalia as a nation, not a case. Turkey actually understands that Somalia is of value and its people can be an asset. Turkey's approach to Somalia is social and economic, hardly even political. Turkey will be in Somalia long after the good rains have come and the famine ends. I have good feelings about this.

As I've said before, I'm no fan of Turkey the nation, but the relationship it has built with Somalia the past few years is deserving of the highest praise. I have no idea why the ladies here feel insecure about Turkey's maturity and bravery towards the Somali dilemma. Turkey is in no better position than many African states, like South Africa or Algeria - but it has the ambition and balls to tackle a huge issue - and like Xusein said, Turkey will reap the rewards by grooming the high-potential slumdog.

Iran has also smelt the savory Somali meal to come and is also working behind the scenes to play its own role in the nation's recovery. This is no longer about charity, this is about opportunity, and some people have smelt the meal to come.
Janub no está en línea  
Old September 29th, 2011, 06:01 AM   #39
DSP
Married to Zimbobeauty

Quote:
I've already highlighted what they have done.

I am talking about their economic moves, not throwing aid money or accepting refugees. Looking at Somalia as an opportunity instead of a blight. Of course poor African countries can't match this, but you should not be surprised why we like the Turks. They want Somalia to become a nation again.
Quote:

and there we have it...

only the Turks and middle eastern countries want Somalia to be a nation again, everyone else doesn't

reminds me of God bless America(and no place else)

what was the name of that Chris Rock movie?

ok I'm going to bed.
DSP no está en línea  
Old September 29th, 2011, 06:02 AM   #40
Xusein

Quote:
Okay then why bring it up if you know African nations are not in the position to match it wtf kind of logic is that
I give up
DSP was the one who brought it up.
Xusein no está en línea  
Closed Thread

Tags
somalia