daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Africa > East Africa > Somalia > Economy & Business / Dhaqaalaha iyo Ganacsiga

Economy & Business / Dhaqaalaha iyo Ganacsiga Found urban images from all around the world not taken by you

Closed Thread

Old September 29th, 2011, 06:06 PM   #121
DSP
Married to Zimbobeauty

Likes (Received): 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nomadic Warrior View Post
Explains where your insecurities comes from really

Explain this logic.. I'd love to know how you deduce I am insecure because of my country of origin.
So many errors in modern thought. These blind slaves are told they are “free” and “highly educated” even as they march behind signs that would cause any medieval peasant to run screaming away from them in panic-stricken terror. The symbols and concepts that modern man embraces with the naive trust of an infant would be tantamount to billboards reading, ‘This way to your death and enslavement,’ to the understanding of the traditional peasant of antiquity
DSP no está en línea  
Old September 29th, 2011, 06:06 PM   #122
Arinze

Likes (Received): 3932

DSP the guy is nuts, I'm all for taking investment from everyone and anyone after a decade of IMF promises that investment will come and they never did, this is the perfect time for Africa to capitalize on the fact it is the last untouched market.

He gets mad because we don't know the outs and ins about Somalia (though that was not my concern really )
I take Africana studies classes and to be honest beyond Somalia had a dictator, he was overthrown, civil war, black hawk down, more civil war and terrorism/piracy it gets no more deep than that. I know more about Zimbabwe than Somalia at this point, so I ask questions when I don't understand things about Somali life(which incidentally I rarely talk about beyond posting articles about the famine situation, donations etc).
And I doubt the Black Hawk down class my school offers is going to be indepth either.

Nobody has qualms about you talking about other countries issues, in one Boko Harem thread Mr. Eritrean made a suggestion on how best to tackle them, no one shouted him down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nomadic Warrior View Post
Listen, I’m not going to waste my precious valuable time with two internet addicts, who flame to get their sadistic hit. I have much better things to do with my times.

However, all I wanted to say was that Janub and Constantine MMX hit the nail on the head in this thread and their posts echoed the sentiments of the Somali people. But unfortunately, this thread was derailed by jealously and weirdly misplaced hatred by others which disappointing. But this is commonly found on these forums and especially from highly active posters. That said, yet again, I personally welcome Iran and Turkey’s involvement in Somalia and their path to development is certainly an example Somalia can follow since they share many similarities

There is no more to add than this, the end
Yawn can you crawl back into your cave? your saber rattling has gotten a tad bit old as well as your sell by date insults.

Last edited by Arinze; September 29th, 2011 at 06:15 PM.
Arinze no está en línea  
Old September 29th, 2011, 06:07 PM   #123
NYConscious

Likes (Received): 452

Abesha is a 'Christian' crusader. She comes from a country that does not tolerate people of other faiths. Ironically there is nothing Christian about the leadership from her country. They have enslaved and killed more Africans than any other nation on the continent.
NYConscious no está en línea  
Old September 29th, 2011, 06:08 PM   #124
DSP
Married to Zimbobeauty

Likes (Received): 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinze View Post
Yawn can yo crawl back into your cave? your saber rattling has gotten a tad bit old.
no no I want to see his explaination 1st. I need a good laugh today.
So many errors in modern thought. These blind slaves are told they are “free” and “highly educated” even as they march behind signs that would cause any medieval peasant to run screaming away from them in panic-stricken terror. The symbols and concepts that modern man embraces with the naive trust of an infant would be tantamount to billboards reading, ‘This way to your death and enslavement,’ to the understanding of the traditional peasant of antiquity
DSP no está en línea  
Old September 29th, 2011, 06:08 PM   #125
abesha
BANNED

Likes (Received): 531

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYConscious View Post
Abesha is a 'Christian' crusader. She comes from a country that does not tolerate people of other faiths. Ironically there is nothing Christian about the leadership from her country. They have enslaved and killed more Africans than any other nation on the continent.
I'm atheist.

What a moron

Plus, the country has all kinds of faiths, unlike Eritrea where protestants are put in shipping containers.
abesha no está en línea  
Old September 29th, 2011, 06:14 PM   #126
NYConscious

Quote:
Originally Posted by abesha View Post
I'm atheist.

What a moron

Plus, the country has all kinds of faiths, unlike Eritrea where protestants are put in shipping containers.

Of course you're an atheist. So I suggest you keep Christians and Christianity out of your mouth. Only someone as brainless as you could be an atheist. Ethiopian dictators are the reason why native Ethiopians of the Jewish faith fled in thousands to a country where they are no welcomed. Ethiopian dictators are the reason why millions of Ethiopians of Muslim origin were forcefully converted by the gun. At least in Eritrea there is a tolerance for religion, people have been converting and reconverting naturally for centuries due to intermarriage, trade, movement of people. Just because we don't allow blood sucking white missionaries into country does not make us any less tolerant. We just direct them to your direction and you will welcome them with open arms.
Old September 29th, 2011, 06:23 PM   #127
abesha
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYConscious View Post
Of course you're an atheist. So I suggest you keep Christians and Christianity out of your mouth. Only someone as brainless as you could be an atheist. Ethiopian dictators are the reason why native Ethiopians of the Jewish faith fled in thousands to a country where they are no welcomed. Ethiopian dictators are the reason why millions of Ethiopians of Muslim origin were forcefully converted by the gun. At least in Eritrea there is a tolerance for religion, people have been converting and reconverting naturally for centuries due to intermarriage, trade, movement of people. Just because we don't allow blood sucking white missionaries into country does not make us any less tolerant. We just direct them to your direction and you will welcome them with open arms.
Now that you've exorcised yourself, can we return to the topic at hand?
abesha no está en línea  
Old September 29th, 2011, 06:26 PM   #128
Constantine MMX
RETIRED

Likes (Received): 98

Abesha nice cop out, and you had the nerve to accuse Xusein of doing exactly that a few pages earlier, but no worries I will still dissect some of the delicious looking rants you decided to post instead.

Let me address the post below first:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinze View Post
-List these airlines, only Ethiopia, South Africa, and Kenya come to mind
Come to mind, yet nowhere to be seen, despite tons of Somalis using their services indirectly to fly to Somali cities. Turkish Airlines is starting flights to Mogadishu directly despite having a small Somali clientele.

Quote:
-Which countries?
Morocco and Senegal come to mind.

Quote:
-Um where? Education institutions in many nations are in disrepair.
Listen, I'm not going to list every major African Academic institution, there are plenty of prestigious ones churning out greater thinkers and scholars.

Quote:
-Okay, didn't know that was a requirement. But I will pass the memo on to GEJ
Its symbolic, the Turkish president didn't just talk the talk, he walked the walk.

Quote:
- its bad, but I doubt solidarity will feed people.
Millions of Africans are dying of starvation across Africa every year. Ideally continental wide responses would be the solution to this situation, but as the African summit has clearly shown, we are decades away from any sort of "African brotherhood".

Quote:
I rather they send funds from their home than meet spend money and pass one useless resolution.
Indeed, the only three African countries worthy of mention with regards to responding to crisis in the Horn of Africa during that summit are Angola, Egypt and Algeria, whose pledges made up 90% of the figure that was raised.

Quote:
But when exactly did Somalia help others during peace time
- How about securing peace between Tanzania and Uganda through the Mogadishu agreement?

- How about hosting South African freedom fighters, giving them arms, access to media, and military facilities?

- How about raising the apartheid situation continuesly in the UN?

- How about supporting the Eritreans during their War of independence?

- How about support for the Djiboutians during their struggle for independence?

- How about hosting hundreds of thousands of Oromo civilians?

- How about sending troops to Mozambique to aid Samora Marchel in his struggle with apartheid troops?

That's just in Africa.

Quote:
Like I said congratulations on your marriage
Comments like these really piss me off, it reeks of the usual Oasis ignorance. Somali-Turkish relations are centuries old, and their new immense show of support is just another episode in bilateral relations.
Constantine MMX no está en línea  
Old September 29th, 2011, 06:27 PM   #129
Arinze

It was tongue in cheek settle down...really

I hope Turkey gives you a sense of humor personally.

Last edited by Arinze; September 29th, 2011 at 06:35 PM.
Arinze no está en línea  
Old September 29th, 2011, 06:28 PM   #130
abesha
BANNED

Cop out on what?

WTF.
abesha no está en línea  
Old September 29th, 2011, 06:53 PM   #131
Constantine MMX
RETIRED

Quote:
Green-eyed monster?

Again, everyone is willfully ignoring the elephant in the room. Turkey was MIA for 20 years,
You make it seem like its a bad thing. Ethiopia has been meddling in Somalia's affairs for exactly those 20 years, and what exactly do we have to show for this intense involvement other than human right violations, illegal invasions, arm-shipments, etc?

Quote:
they waited until the AU cleaned up the mess
Lol, the AU force didn't make a single sign of progress ever since it arrived in 2007. There are plenty of articles detailing how it could only defend the government's 2 km green zone. It was only after the new cabinet of Somalia led by competent educated men and women began clamping down on corruption that:

- Al-Shabaab lost support.

- Soldiers were paid, a military command was established, and military tribunals punishing both Somali and AU soldiers was created.

- Civilians began to move to government areas.

- Al-Shabaab suffered their military-defeats across the South and central regions.(not a single AU soldier present)

- The indiscriminate shelling of residential areas by AU forces were ceased.

- Support for the government and amisom increased.

So, kindly as you already embarassed yourself with your earlier post of ignorance, don't go misrepresenting the situation because you for personal reasons want to deny the Somali effort - the most important factor - behind the crumbling of al-Shabaab.

Al-Shabaab's ascendance came as a result of Ethiopia's invasion at the behest of paranoid America. There is no need to deny this, for we have the lovely Wiki-links to back up this fact.

Quote:
then they show up as knights in shining armor.
The Turks didn't show up in Tanks, they are coming as doctors, engineers and politicians.

Quote:
What's so brave about that?
This has nothing to do with bravery, I don't know why you are using this non-sequitur.

Quote:
They were not at all participating in cleaning up the mess.
That's not their damn job. They are educating Somali minds, reviving Somali economic sectors, and institutions to enable Somalis to do it themselves.

Somalis will pick an army of foreign doctors and engineers over a army of foreign soldiers anyday of the week.

Quote:
What exactly do you expect other countries to have done? You expect US or EU companies to go in while dodging bullets?
Plenty of US and EU investment in Somalia, you might want to take a look at the economy threads, which praise those investments.

But let's not kid ourselves, you are clearly not interested, because.....:

Quote:
To go in while risking having their employees' corpses dragged in the streets?
You are only in this topic to project Somali stereotypes, as we can see from the above.

Quote:
Peace has to return for that kind of presence to happen. And that's exactly what Turkey did. They let other people do the hard work, then they come in and take credit.
Bullshit, they have been involved since the early 90s, then a whole crop of incompetent Somali politicians and warlords held Somalia hostage , and for good reasons; they and many other countries stayed out of the conflict, while many others like Ethiopia never stopped meddling and with devastating effect.

In 2009, with the capital still in flames, Turkey hosted the Istanbul conference which ushered a new period of economic and political progress, so what you wrote is plain crap.

Quote:
That's cowardly and opportunistic, which is why I find it so weird how you are all fawning over them.
Again with the unapplicable terms like "cowardly" and "opportunistic". These two terms would fit Ethiopia much better.

Cowardly and opportunistic: invading a country that in a civil-war and without a standing army just to be in the good books of Uncle-Sam so it will continue the Ethiopian Dictatorship.

Quote:
Plus, you are acting as if Somalis would have openly accepted investments from western countries. Negro please! You would have ranted about how it was done to exploit Somalia and keep it down.
More ignorance from you. Range Resources, Coca-Cola, Dole Fruit and General Motors with investments in Somalia are all "western companies", where are the employees that in your biased mind would be dragged through the streets?

Indeed, none of that's happening, so kindly get the F out of here with that sensationalist nonsense.

Last edited by Constantine MMX; September 29th, 2011 at 07:05 PM.
Old September 29th, 2011, 06:59 PM   #132
abesha
BANNED

I read your rant Constantine and I expected better after the bravado you showed earlier.

The AU should just remove its peacekeepers and leave you to it. I don't see any appreciation for the lives that foreigners have lost to remove Al Shabaab. As usual any effort done by others is denigrated and dismissed, except of course for Turkey and Iran who have actually done next to nothing.

Frankly, nothing surprises me anymore about Somalis. You people think in a very strange way, no wonder your country doesn't even exist.
abesha no está en línea  
Old September 29th, 2011, 07:09 PM   #133
NYConscious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constantine MMX View Post

Al-Shabaab's ascendance came as a result of Ethiopia's invasion at the behest of paranoid America. There is no need to deny this, for we have the lovely Wiki-links to back up this fact.
+10000
Old September 29th, 2011, 07:09 PM   #134
mwanamwiwa

Likes (Received): 1567

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constantine MMX View Post

Lol, the AU force didn't make a single sign of progress ever since it arrived in 2007. There are plenty of articles detailing how it could only defend the government's 2 km green zone. It was only after the new cabinet of Somalia led by competent educated men and women began clamping down on corruption that:

- Al-Shabaab lost support.

- Soldiers were paid, a military command was established, and military tribunals punishing both Somali and AU soldiers was created.

- Civilians began to move to government areas.

- Al-Shabaab suffered their military-defeats across the South and central regions.(not a single AU soldier present)

- The indiscriminate shelling of residential areas by AU forces were ceased.

- Support for the government and amisom increased.

So, kindly as you already embarassed yourself with your earlier post of ignorance, don't go misrepresenting the situation because you for personal reasons want to deny the Somali effort - the most important factor - behind the crumbling of al-Shabaab.

This is getting ridiculous.
Old September 29th, 2011, 07:15 PM   #135
mwanamwiwa

Likes (Received): 1567

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waranle View Post
Whiles, Turkeys help is genuine, poor countries like Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda and Burundi are trying to keep Somalia at the State it is Now.

Yeah,so much for African brotherhood.
Old September 29th, 2011, 07:23 PM   #136
Constantine MMX
RETIRED

Quote:
I read your rant Constantine and I expected better after the bravado you showed earlier.
Lol what a lame reply, you've been karbaashed.com.

Quote:
The AU should just remove its peacekeepers and leave you to it. I don't see any appreciation for the lives that foreigners have lost to remove Al Shabaab.
You don't see because your eyes are full of Anti-Somali shit, wipe them clean and use the search engine, there are plenty of articles by Somali politicians and intellectuals honoring the Amisom sacrifice.

Quote:
As usual any effort done by others is denigrated and dismissed, except of course for Turkey and Iran who have actually done next to nothing.
Its like talking to a brick wall. Spare me the martyrdom nonsense.

Quote:
Frankly, nothing surprises me anymore about Somalis. You people think in a very strange way,
Ahhh, I casted my net and like an ignorant fish I caught you in my trap. Anyone can see which sinister place your posts truly originate from, and it has nothing to do with "Turkey-Somalia" relations.

Quote:
no wonder your country doesn't even exist.
An Ethiopian dream, but I have to disappoint you, a civil-war doesn't equal a country no longer existing, every country in the world went through a civil-war. Somalia is a UN member, recognised as a sovereign state, part of multiple international bodies, and is situated at the edge of the Horn of Africa as a coastal nation, with a long history of democracy and great potential for the future as soon as the security situation is fixed.

Ethiopia however has never in its entire existence experienced any sort of democracy, and most likely never will since its currently ruled by a dictator and a human-rights violating military holding the country together. So I completely understand that you would call a fluid political landcape like that of Somalia inconsistent or illogical, when dictators and monarchs is all that you have known your entire life. As a land-locked country its completely exploited by tiny Djibouti.

If that's your definition of "existing", you can keep that shit.

Quote:
Note that I'm not the only one who pointed out the inconsistency - every poster other than Somalis did.
Since when is the opinion of an outsider with regards to a country important or factual? How many times have outsiders dubbed Ethiopian prostitutes and slaves on this forum?

Wow, I stand corrected then.
Old September 29th, 2011, 07:25 PM   #137
Constantine MMX
RETIRED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwanamwiwa View Post

This is getting ridiculous.
Don't roll your eyes at me like a Gay biatch. Counter it, or be silent.
Old September 29th, 2011, 07:27 PM   #138
NYConscious

The only thing I disagree with is looking at Turkey as the "big brother". Who the **** is Turkey. Why should any African nation assume the subordinate role. That's what I hate about a lot of African countries, they have a little brother complex and look at Western and Arab states as "big brothers". They don't give a shit about you. You give them parades when they visit your capitals and you get put in a 3 star hotel with free breakfast when you visit theirs.
Old September 29th, 2011, 07:28 PM   #139
Arinze

+1
Arinze no está en línea  
Old September 29th, 2011, 07:29 PM   #140
Turknology
Felis Necropolitan

Likes (Received): 22147

Quote:
First of all, I'm not a dude.
Oh hai

Quote:
Second, this famine is only the latest in a long list. Where the hell were you before?
Turkey is new to Africa, and the middle east even. Turkey slowly through the decades started to realize that there was a world outside of Europe and the USA. It initially followed US policies when it came to Africa like in Somalia in 1993 while concentrating more on the ex-Soviet Union after the end of the cold war. In the last decade it has remembered that there are more countries in the Middle East than just Israel and in the last couple of years has started to increase relations with African countries, if Turkey had started to give priority to Africa before it would have acted in Somalia earlier. The question you have to ask is where is the US and the EU. Turkey, despite being a late comer to Africa, is today trying to form an action group for Somalia within the G-20.

Quote:
Third, I'm not bashing Turkey, I'm questioning the Somali response to Turkey's new attitude. There is a big difference.
well you're doing it in quite an insulting manner to Turkey as well despite there being nothing wrong with what Turkey is doing, we have brought Somalia to the attention of OIC and we will manage to do so within the G-20 as well.

Quote:
Finally, that bit about "if your country, etc, etc" was really amusing. Somalis are not exactly a friendly and welcoming people, which is EXACTLY what I've been questioning in this thread.
Maybe you are doing it wrong, treat them with respect and not like some problematic kid and maybe you would get a better reception. What our PM did was very symbolic and I think it won the hearts of the Somali people, I am sure if he were a Christian he would have gained the same respect.

Tags
somalia