SkyscraperCity Forum banner

NEW YORK | One World Trade Center (1WTC) | 541m | 1776ft | 94 fl | Com

22M views 59K replies 4K participants last post by  Riley1066 
#1 ·
Since the world trade center is finally under construction. I wanted to create this thread for photos and news about skyscrapersd and the memorial happening at ground zero. Please post photos of the site plan, and construction photos happening at the site. Hope you guys enjoy!!!!!! :)

#29,806 ·
Hi all.

1. Yeah topped out is roof
2. I don't think that's happening until late next year or early 2013? Not sure, hopefully it ends up being sooner
Hi Pat.

Topped out is when it has reached its full height both structurally and architecturally. Since this project has a spire it won't be topped until that is erected.

:cheers:
Ray.

#29,809 ·
#29,820 ·
Hi all.

Hi Pat.

Topped out is when it has reached its full height both structurally and architecturally. Since this project has a spire it won't be topped until that is erected.

:cheers:
Ray.
http://www.lowermanhattan.info/construction/project_updates/freedom_tower_26204.aspx

*The following information was last updated on December 22, 2011

Facade installation is now above floor 63
Tower steel is now above floor 91. It is expected to top out by appx. April of 2012.
Installation of the 400-foot-tall antenna in spring 2012. :cheers:
Concrete is now being installed above floor 84
Ray, according to this (and any update I've ever seen about 1 WTC), topping out has always referred to the completion of the building to its roof height.