SkyscraperCity Forum banner

NEW YORK | One World Trade Center (1WTC) | 541m | 1776ft | 94 fl | Com

22M views 59K replies 4K participants last post by  Riley1066 
#1 ·
Since the world trade center is finally under construction. I wanted to create this thread for photos and news about skyscrapersd and the memorial happening at ground zero. Please post photos of the site plan, and construction photos happening at the site. Hope you guys enjoy!!!!!! :)

#49,604 ·
Much more work to do on the mast. They have to dismantle the rest of the temporary platforms and install a few more permanant ones. Guy wires also have to be installed.
that photo is a few days old. They're already dismantling the bottommost temporary circular platforms, #1 of 3 remaining is being worked on I believe. That's why the crane was positioned so low earlier

#49,606 ·
that photo is a few days old. They're already dismantling the bottommost temporary circular platforms, #1 of 3 remaining is being worked on I believe. That's why the crane was positioned so low earlier
Thanks but I wasn't referring to the photo above.

And I wasn't aware the platforms around the Guy wires connection points were the permanant ones.

#49,607 ·
So is this going to count as a spire or just an antenna?

#49,611 ·
i wonder if those are actually permanent. It seems odd that they installed them at the last moment. Maybe they're just there for the installation, i dont see how they could help for maintenance. Maybe it could be extra space for antennas and dishes.

#49,612 ·
Well, I do remember seeing the member "The Cap'n" post something about 8 permanent platforms around the point where these rectangular platforms are. I believe they would be for maintenance of the kevlar guy wires. And it would indeed be odd if they aren't permanent because they have metal railing opposed to the temporary platforms which had netting acting as railing.

#49,615 ·
The spire looks damn good now that they took half the clutter off it, actually looks quite "mean", if it were painted white, like a previous forumer had noted, it would look spectacular.. Anybody know when the Guy wires will be attached, gonna be quite cool when they take the crane down and start zipping up the zipper....

Reactions: nycaddict
#49,620 ·
Ironically, that video is in my signature.

The base cladding has turned out well. One of the better redesigning of the tower.

One World Trade Center by pmarella, on Flickr

Manhattan at Dusk by augieray, on Flickr

Dark Clouds over Manhattan by augieray, on Flickr

Radiant Sunset Over New York City by Strykapose, on Flickr

Manhattan skyline By Marc Bisschops